Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: Mickey's ToonTown

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    It's already slated for taking over Muppets 3D. It seems even though Toontown is a much better fit, DCA needs all the new rides. Too bad.
    I thought Al Lutz said that plan was off because it wouldn't fit and they'd have to do major construction to the whole building? I was quite disappointed about that one, but if they're still hoping to put it in there, I'd be very glad that I'd get to see it!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

i think philharmagic is going in the Hollywood area at DCA

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by anaheimgirl79 View Post
    i think philharmagic is going in the Hollywood area at DCA
    It's supposed to replace Muppetts. Then again we were going to get a Ratatouille roller coaster but that was scrapped. Until the wreckling ball is there, you never know.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

fyi, behind ToonTown isnt TDA. Its something else!
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• =)

There is zero room in Toontown for anything new without removing something that's already there. And TDA isn't the problem, by the way. Its closest corner is 235 feet from the backstagiest corner of Roger Rabbit, so don't worry about TDA. It's all the other buildings--It's a Small World, Magic Music Days, and so forth--that get in the way.

Yes, there's a large amount of room available over in the Festival of Fools arena, but despite its apparent proximity to Toontown, there's no way to connect the two. (Unless the Fantasyland Theater is demolished and Toontown spreads beneath the berm into that space, then travels over or under a crucial backstage walkway into the Festival of Fools area. But that's quite a big investment, and the space really is supposed to be part of Frontierland.)

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'm with ya Molly! Let's compromise. Take out PFFF and put in a TT ride that goes under the DLRR. Take out HISTA and put in a show. One show, one ride and 2 things gone that are blah.

Time to make lemonade out of those lemons!
    Ok Ill buy into that assuming the "tomorrowland" show involves a bit of creative fantasy along with whatever wonderful tomorrow thing it is about.

Getting ride of the PFF and HISTA at the same time would be very nice.

A little piece of heaven

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickeygirl66 View Post
    Spent a whopping twenty minutes in ToonTown yesterday, the kids like Roger Rabbit, but really don't get it. For unknown reasons they love the Go Coaster... If only there were room for Philharmagic.
    I also LOVE the Go Coaster!.. See below...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    There is zero room in Toontown for anything new without removing something that's already there. And TDA isn't the problem, by the way. Its closest corner is 235 feet from the backstagiest corner of Roger Rabbit, so don't worry about TDA. It's all the other buildings--It's a Small World, Magic Music Days, and so forth--that get in the way.

Yes, there's a large amount of room available over in the Festival of Fools arena, but despite its apparent proximity to Toontown, there's no way to connect the two. (Unless the Fantasyland Theater is demolished and Toontown spreads beneath the berm into that space, then travels over or under a crucial backstage walkway into the Festival of Fools area. But that's quite a big investment, and the space really is supposed to be part of Frontierland.)
    I disagree...

There's room between the service road and the railway for an reverse-under the berm setup for perhaps two attractions. I'm unsure of room issues for Philharmagic, but there's approximately the space of Indy's show building back there, or five times the area of Muppets 3D.

There could be façades built inside Toontown for the train station (with a tunnel under the berm for access), another for the queue area to Philharmagic, and a third for a new E ticket in Toontown.

This evil scheme plan would also provide more pedestrian space in Toontown itself. As well as a new split level sit down restaurant, either House of Mouse or Ink and Paint Club.

Although the Fantasyland Theatre is used often, the noise from the train's bells and whistle is distracting. If you've ever attended an event in there you'll know how annoying it is. The functions that the theatre provide are better staged at a purpose built function centre in the Downtown Disney/Hotels area.

The E-ticket ride I envision would be a dark ride based on concepts in the Roger Rabbit movie. Guests board a yellow school bus like ride vehicle, which is taken into the ride building along a track past various real world scenes before being plunged into pitch black of the Toontown Tunnel. The rest of the ride would be a motion simulation (similar to star tours) but with projections on every window of the bus picturing a madcap cartoon ride through the streets of Toontown.

...Or somthin'
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• The line's too long...

I think Al has confirmed that Philharmagic can't be fitted into the Muppets theater so the Muppets will be around for a while longer. I've read on another site that Philharmagic will be fitted into the former Millionaire building, which is currently empty anyway.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    I think Al has confirmed that Philharmagic can't be fitted into the Muppets theater so the Muppets will be around for a while longer. I've read on another site that Philharmagic will be fitted into the former Millionaire building, which is currently empty anyway.
    2 3D movies next to each other? Seems like there's no more imagination left in the world...

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    I also LOVE the Go Coaster!.. See below...

I disagree...

There's room between the service road and the railway for an reverse-under the berm setup for perhaps two attractions. I'm unsure of room issues for Philharmagic, but there's approximately the space of Indy's show building back there, or five times the area of Muppets 3D.

There could be façades built inside Toontown for the train station (with a tunnel under the berm for access), another for the queue area to Philharmagic, and a third for a new E ticket in Toontown.

This evil scheme plan would also provide more pedestrian space in Toontown itself. As well as a new split level sit down restaurant, either House of Mouse or Ink and Paint Club.

Although the Fantasyland Theatre is used often, the noise from the train's bells and whistle is distracting. If you've ever attended an event in there you'll know how annoying it is. The functions that the theatre provide are better staged at a purpose built function centre in the Downtown Disney/Hotels area.

The E-ticket ride I envision would be a dark ride based on concepts in the Roger Rabbit movie. Guests board a yellow school bus like ride vehicle, which is taken into the ride building along a track past various real world scenes before being plunged into pitch black of the Toontown Tunnel. The rest of the ride would be a motion simulation (similar to star tours) but with projections on every window of the bus picturing a madcap cartoon ride through the streets of Toontown.

...Or somthin'
    yeah that could work as well.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Hey Monotonehell, I think you have a good start but I don't know if I like the idea of massive show buildings occupying that much space next to Small World. If anything,I think the two story restaurant next to the train station would be a smarter fit for some reasons I mentioned above (keep it open and accessible during fireworks when Toon Town is closed). The restaurant could also be built so that most of the space is underneath the tracks and also alongside of it (goodbye, Goofy playground) so that it leaves some room for the Fantasyland Theater to remain in tact.

I also think that Goofy's Gas, walk-up eateries, and city hall can be restructured so that could be a new area for a possible attraction. Take away Five & Dime if needed. Convert Donald Duck's Boat into a shop instead.

Next, keep Gadget's Go Coaster but extend it so that it's twice, maybe three times as long. This will keep the ride as tame (but still fun) and increase the capacity significantly as well. The track can go closer to Donald's Boat and through the Chip n Dale tree house area. Retheme it if necessary.

Leave Mickey & Minnie's House for the time being.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Evil Queen in Training

Quote Originally Posted by ADopey1 View Post
    I agree with removing PFFF all the way!
    This has nothing to do with ToonTown,

THAT IS THE CUTEST DANG PICTURE EVER!!!! WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT HAT???

um ToonTown, has potential, I would love to see more things for the beginning walking age.
    R.I.P.

January 3, 2008-January 27, 2008

May you rest in peace in the happiest place on earth.

(FYI you were replaced with Winne the Pooh Shoes for $12.00 at Walmart)

• =)

I disagree...
    It's an interesting idea, but it no way contradicts what I said...I said there was zero room for new additions to Toontown without removing something else in its place. You've removed part of the berm, Chip and Dale's, and the area that used to be Goofy's house. Worth it? Seems that way to me. But like I said, it's not possible without removing something.

There's room between the service road and the railway for an reverse-under the berm setup for perhaps two attractions.
    Now this statement is confusing me. Could you clarify, please?

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I also think that Goofy's Gas, walk-up eateries, and city hall can be restructured so that could be a new area for a possible attraction.
    If I'm thinking of the same buildings, most of those are only façades not much more than a few yards from the fence to the service areas behind. There's not much room for expansion or construction on the Northern side of Toontown.

It's an interesting idea, but it no way contradicts what I said...
    Yes it does.

I said there was zero room for new additions to Toontown without removing something else in its place. You've removed part of the berm, Chip and Dale's, and the area that used to be Goofy's house. Worth it? Seems that way to me. But like I said, it's not possible without removing something.
    All true, however I was disagreeing with your statement that the service road would need to be crossed, not that something would need to be removed. There's room without invading Frontierland (Frontierland is another evil scheme Swab and I are cooking up).

"There's room between the service road and the railway for an reverse-under the berm setup for perhaps two attractions."
    Now this statement is confusing me. Could you clarify, please?
    No.

Oh alright then, since you asked so nicely.
    Under the berm is a concept you understand well, HM, Indy, PotC, Splash and IASW all do it. But Toontown itself is also an under the berm attraction. Uniquely the only open air one. So to go from Toontown back under the berm to an enclosed show building could be considered a reverse-under the berm attraction.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• =)

I was disagreeing with your statement that the service road would need to be crossed, not that something would need to be removed.
    Ah. Then we've had a misunderstanding of a misunderstanding--because all I was saying was that if Toontown were to invade the Festival of Fools (as some suggested in this thread) it would need to cross the service road to get there.

But Toontown itself is also an under the berm attraction. Uniquely the only open air one. So to go from Toontown back under the berm to an enclosed show building could be considered a reverse-under the berm attraction.
    Ah, gotcha.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast