Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Mickey's ToonTown

Toontown has great potential for 2 reasons. It is already fantastically theme and Disney Cartoons are timeless. Give that area some upgrades and TLC and it will be an area that thrives.

Right now Toontown is like the Denny's of Disneyland. No one wants to go there, they just kinda end up there.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Toontown has great potential for 2 reasons. It is already fantastically theme and Disney Cartoons are timeless. Give that area some upgrades and TLC and it will be an area that thrives.

Right now Toontown is like the Denny's of Disneyland. No one wants to go there, they just kinda end up there.
    Whoa whoa whoa. I love Denny's.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. I love Denny's.
    Yes. The Goofy's BounceHouse of eating establishments.

• ...TWO BITS!

I'll keep this short & simple about my thoughts:

Redo the outdoor eating area between Goofy's Gas & Five & Dime store into an indoor House of Mouse restaurant with a stage for live toon performances & screenings of classic animated shorts between shows. Examples of the performances include Disneyland's old "Goofy's Toon-Up" and Tokyo DisneySEA's "Donald's Boatbuilders". Perhaps themeing from the current snack shops from Clarabelle's, Pluto's Doghouse, & Daisy's Diners be placed inside to remember the past eatries. Oh, and leave the gazebo.

Redo Mickey's House for a dark ride using Critter Country's Winne the Pooh ride system. Perhaps a bumpy ride in a limo. I have several ideas to choose from.

Chip n Dale Treehouse, Go Coaster, Donald's Boathouse, Goofy's Garden(??), & Toontown Park redone. In no particular order or locations as of this posting: Chip n Dale becomes a Jumpin' Jellyfish type of parachute ride with a themed queue through the base of the treehouse. Go Coaster rethemed & redesigned as Goofy's Plane Crazy with queue through themed yard & house. The final brake zone would be themed as a landing platform being crushed by the landing plane ride vehicles. Donald's Tugboats similar to TokyoDisney's Aquatopia with themed queue through boat house. Part of ride runs under Goofy's Plane Crazy to save on real estate.

The foliage area between the Jolly Trolley storage building & pathway into Toontown redone as ToonTown Community Garden. Similar theme to WDW's Pooh Playground, Goofy's Garden, & Toontown Park, but under tree shade.

Not sure if Jolly Trolley could at all be possible for public rides. But would be really neat for characters to ride on to ride & wave at guests at certain times of the day & be left for photo ops.

MISC: Maybe the House of Mouse's facade on the west side between Goofy's Gas & the gazebo is themed for HoM & a facade between Five & Dime and gazebo is themed as Town Hall with the Clock Tower. Maybe a central planter entry in the Community Garden for the X-mas tree.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 01-29-2008 at 10:30 AM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I know someone else had a similiar idea awhile back, but here would be my solution.

Remove Donald, Gadget's Go Coaster, and Chip and Dale. Move the Mickey and Minnie facades closer in. A showbuilding is built in this back corner and Mickey's walkthrough house becomes a queue to an attraction. The queue ends in Mickey's garage where you hop in a car. You pull out of the garage to see Mickey bound and tied. He tells us that Pete has invented a projector that can allow him to jump into Mickey's old films and alter them. We have to follow Pete and stop him.

The first scene of our adventure would be a movie theatre where a giant AA Pete stands in front of his projector while a classic Mickey cartoon is on the screen. He laughs and tells us we are too late as the lights flicker and smoke fills the room. Once the smoke clears, the Pete AA is gone, but we now see him on screen. He dares us to catch him if he cans and runs off screen. The projector then turns to us, more lighting and smoke and suddenly we are in the cartoon looking at a screen with the movie house on the other side.

The rest of the ride is whimsical chase through Mickey's classic films. Steamboat Willie, Plane Crazy, etc etc. A vehicle like Pooh's Hunny Hunt would allow the vehicle to change based on the different cartoons we were in.

The only issue I see with this idea and others like it is that Toontown closes after dark. Either it needs to remain open somehow, or money will never be thrown in that direction for something that closes so early daily.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    If I'm thinking of the same buildings, most of those are only façades not much more than a few yards from the fence to the service areas behind. There's not much room for expansion or construction on the Northern side of Toontown.

Ah, but you see.. you're not thinking three dimensional enough. Who says they need to remain as facades? That open courtyard could be filled in, entirely enclosed! If we put food towards the front of Toon Town (trainstation, goofy's house), the entire area where all the tables are will not be needed.

Look at your big map and you'll see that it's quite possible to put another dark ride there. And we'll move Gag Factory elsewhere

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    I know someone else had a similiar idea awhile back, but here would be my solution.

Remove Donald, Gadget's Go Coaster, and Chip and Dale. Move the Mickey and Minnie facades closer in. A showbuilding is built in this back corner and Mickey's walkthrough house becomes a queue to an attraction. The queue ends in Mickey's garage where you hop in a car. You pull out of the garage to see Mickey bound and tied. He tells us that Pete has invented a projector that can allow him to jump into Mickey's old films and alter them. We have to follow Pete and stop him.

The first scene of our adventure would be a movie theatre where a giant AA Pete stands in front of his projector while a classic Mickey cartoon is on the screen. He laughs and tells us we are too late as the lights flicker and smoke fills the room. Once the smoke clears, the Pete AA is gone, but we now see him on screen. He dares us to catch him if he cans and runs off screen. The projector then turns to us, more lighting and smoke and suddenly we are in the cartoon looking at a screen with the movie house on the other side.

The rest of the ride is whimsical chase through Mickey's classic films. Steamboat Willie, Plane Crazy, etc etc. A vehicle like Pooh's Hunny Hunt would allow the vehicle to change based on the different cartoons we were in.

The only issue I see with this idea and others like it is that Toontown closes after dark. Either it needs to remain open somehow, or money will never be thrown in that direction for something that closes so early daily.
    Yup. That pretty much sounds like mine.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Ah, but you see.. you're not thinking three dimensional enough.
    I almost thought you said four dimensionally, as in Back To The Future.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Who says they need to remain as facades? That open courtyard could be filled in, entirely enclosed! If we put food towards the front of Toon Town (trainstation, goofy's house), the entire area where all the tables are will not be needed.
    That could work, but there's also the question of the current overcrowding problem. Toontown needs more pedestrian space.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• ...TWO BITS!

I almost thought you said four dimensionally, as in Back To The Future.

That could work, but there's also the question of the current overcrowding problem. Toontown needs more pedestrian space.
    I was thinking BTTF when I read that as well. And I was just watching BTTF3, too

There's an overcrowding problem? I thought everyone was complaining there was nothing to do up there and don't bother with it.

-Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

"Current" overcrowding problem? You need to give them weenies to cause an overcrowding. With the revisions I've made to your layout, Mickey and Minnie's house are still the main attractions deep into Toon Town. Everything else is towards the front end.

I'm also not saying that we need to build as far out as where Goofy's Gas is, but it's serves no real purpose right now. It's a fancy facade for restrooms.

Here's Toon Town as we know it:

Here's a modest revision:

The restaurant, as you can see is underneath the train tracks and also has outdoor seating. The gazebo will be close by for live entertainment or "band concerts". Donald's Boat can be redone and converted to have fancy seating (both upstairs and downstairs) for those special parties. Or it can be a quick serve location. Either way, I see it as part of the restaurant location. And of course, new restrooms here too.

Five & Dime shop location relocated to the front edge of the restaurant near the entrance of Toon Town. This will attract more guests and possibly more sales.

Gadget's Go Coaster to be extended and possibly rethemed to be more fitting with size ratios. I know they're only chipmunks and Gadget is a mouse, but they're supposed to be tiny when compared to Mickey and Donald. So change it to LAUNCHPAD'S FLIGHT SCHOOL or something where pilots take a 'crash course' through Toon Town. It's similar to barnstormer in WDW but different enough, and this way Japan has the Gadget exclusive. The less clones the better, I say.

City Hall and the quick serve food locations and old Five & Dime to be cleared for new attracttion or attractions. I think a Toon motion simulator could be neat or just stick with dark rides in the stylings of fantasyland (NOT pooh or monsters).

It's a more modest retheme I think that leaves the fantasyland theater to entertain guests to come.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Coheteboy; that could work. I especially love your remodeling of IASW to the Coheteboy Adventure. That could be a winner.

The reason that's been pegged for closing the Jolly Trolly was overcrowding. That's why I wanted to open the area up a lot. If we're to remodel Toontown we should expect crowds.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddies Mommy View Post
    This has nothing to do with ToonTown,

THAT IS THE CUTEST DANG PICTURE EVER!!!! WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT HAT???

um ToonTown, has potential, I would love to see more things for the beginning walking age.

Thanks, we bought it actually at Ddisneyland a couple years ago.

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Coheteboy, that sounds fantastic.

• I love my family!

The biggest problem adding any large new attraction in TT is that during the summer they would have to close it early because of the fireworks. I'm sure they could do the same thing they do for FL and reopen the area but, that would be a lot of work.

• ...TWO BITS!

Frankly, I don't think it's that big of a problem with the fireworks. If they had a problem with that, why bother opening Toontown in the 1st place. In the travel books & brochures, they could put in "start your day in toontown early before its closure at 8:30pm" or whatever time it is.

I liked Coheteboy's idea of a new attraction building where the snack area is. But maybe put the House of Mouse in the foilage area between the Jolly Trolley backstage building, train tracks, & Toontown entry pathway.

Then the Donald's Boat House, Goofy's House, Garden, & Toon park make way for the attractions I suggested above.

The reason why I thought about transferring the Pooh ride system to Mickey's House was I felt it was more "toony". And we may have a chance to bring in Pooh's Hunny Hunt into the old Country Bear Playhouse. Also if you notice the tracks, the 1st & last turn from & to the load station, the turn is pretty tight. The rest of the attractions inside never really turns at the angle. Which kind of reminds me how the Fantasyland dark rides are able to squeeze in to such a small real estate. And from that, I think it's possible to fit Pooh's ride system inside Mickey's House.

Then again, a motion simulator or the trackless ride or interactive system would be nice for the new attraction building over the snack area.

To make up for the loss of Mickey's Meet n Greet House into an attraction/queue, in the Chip n Dale area would be a pathway to Mickey's Trailer (designed like what was featured in his animated short of the same name) & do Meet n Greets in there.

I didn't use Launchpad for the coaster because I think it would still be nice to have the main classic characters to have their own attraction. Even though Launchpad is a great character and should be around more often.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 01-29-2008 at 11:02 PM.

-Jurassic Park

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast