Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Mickey's ToonTown

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Sorry, but the fact that you are removing 5 attractions, wheather you consider them that or not, to add one doesn't really work. They add capacity to the park, and kids still love the Go Coaster and the houses. If they need room, remove the Fantasyland theater and add an the entrance to the new attraction in the area where Chip'n Dale's house is. Removing one thing is better than removing 5.

My method was not to remove the Go Coaster but to retheme it. I was also extending it by taking over the space that the Treehouse takes up.

Towards the front of Toon Town is Goofy's Playground and Donald's Boat. That's where I would replace those two with a sit-down character dining area and shop (but somehow keeping the actual house and boat).

Across the way where the walk-up dining areas are, cityhall, and Five & dime, i would replace those with two attractions. One could be a possible motion simulator, the other a straight forward darkride.

I think that's trading up, don't you think?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    My method was not to remove the Go Coaster but to retheme it. I was also extending it by taking over the space that the Treehouse takes up.

Towards the front of Toon Town is Goofy's Playground and Donald's Boat. That's where I would replace those two with a sit-down character dining area and shop (but somehow keeping the actual house and boat).

Across the way where the walk-up dining areas are, cityhall, and Five & dime, i would replace those with two attractions. One could be a possible motion simulator, the other a straight forward darkride.

I think that's trading up, don't you think?
    My evil plans are better, I still don't see how you're going to fit a dark ride and a dinner in a space that's one third that of Roger Rabbit.

Take a bulldozer to the FL Theatre I tells ya. Swab is standing by as we speak, although I won't give any guarantees that Splash Mountain will still be standing when he's finished...
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I would make a ride about Pete kidnapping Minnie and Mickey has to go through the scenes of all his old shorts and movies to get Minnie back.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    My evil plans are better, I still don't see how you're going to fit a dark ride and a dinner in a space that's one third that of Roger Rabbit.

Take a bulldozer to the FL Theatre I tells ya. Swab is standing by as we speak, although I won't give any guarantees that Splash Mountain will still be standing when he's finished...

Hehe, well... does anyone know what buildings are behind Toon Town? If that dept doesn't need to be there, maybe there's a way to relocate them and give Toon Town some backstage show buildings for rides.

I'm not saying it's the most practical way but it's a thought. And we also don't have high water table that florida has... we can dig underground for many of these attractions.

• Still lost in Neverland

I did not see those as I was reading through the first part it seemed that this thread was going to turn into one of those I can outdo your remarks and things looked like it was going to be a big joke thread again. I just didn't realize that it would get back on track so soon.

I still think there is just not enough room back there to do much without ruining the feel of Toontown. Some of those ideas are fine, like the Interactive Fountain and putting the Jolly Trolly back in service and the two or three story restaraunt taking out Chip and Dale's are fine. Those big show buildings would have to be underground anyway. They are not going to put those things right in the middle of walkways nor are they going to take out the theater when they have plans to move that stupid Princess Makeover somewhere else and put the Theater back into operation as a Theater. Show Buildings are ugly and usually not seen at all. If it weren't for these aerial photos most people would never know that there is a great big ugly building right behind the Small World Facade and right next to Toontown.

They are usually outside the viewers area at ground level. So far the only one that is really out in the open is the Indy Building and the finally had to disguise that as best the could. It's not easy to hide a big two or three story box.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I still think there is just not enough room back there to do much without ruining the feel of Toontown. Some of those ideas are fine, like the Interactive Fountain and putting the Jolly Trolly back in service and the two or three story restaraunt taking out Chip and Dale's are fine. Those big show buildings would have to be underground anyway. They are not going to put those things right in the middle of walkways nor are they going to take out the theater when they have plans to move that stupid Princess Makeover somewhere else and put the Theater back into operation as a Theater. Show Buildings are ugly and usually not seen at all. If it weren't for these aerial photos most people would never know that there is a great big ugly building right behind the Small World Facade and right next to Toontown.

They are usually outside the viewers area at ground level. So far the only one that is really out in the open is the Indy Building and the finally had to disguise that as best the could. It's not easy to hide a big two or three story box.
    Interactive Fountoon Theme is important

Yeah the show buildings would need to be sunken, disguised to the existing treeline and themed. That's why I plonked them into the treeline back there. Done well, as only Disney knows how, it would work.

As I mentioned before, because of the noise from the trains, the theatre is unsuitable in its current form. Most of the shows that they hold there are closed corporate affairs and would be better held at a purpose built facility in Downtown Disney. I don't know what they are planning to put there in the future, but if it's an attraction show the train noise would ruin any sense of immersion.

Bulldozers are the answer! *vroom vroom!*
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Is it just me or does IASW appear half as big as TT? So my giant video roof over TT idea could be a possibility! downtown Vegas has it, why can't disney? All I have to say is LED....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drum-&-Train View Post
    Is it just me or does IASW appear half as big as TT? So my giant video roof over TT idea could be a possibility! downtown Vegas has it, why can't disney? All I have to say is LED....
    I like your idea, but I'm not convinced LED would give the resolution to make the illusion work. I'm thinking overlaid trapezoidal projections would be better.

TT is approximately three times the area of IASW, so a roof would be a big thing. There's plenty of similarly sized buildings backstage, but an innovative support system would need to be designed to avoid the need for obvious support columns.

I'm with everyone. Take out the Princess thing....bah humbug to that. The theatre isn't even a theatre anymore. Bulldoze it. I am all for the "under the berm," I think I got it right. How about expanding toontown down in there without removing too many items. I want a Disney Halloween special ride. It could be a kids scary ride based on the old disney halloween video/dvd/special. With the dancing skeletons, the escaped gorilla, mickey donald and goofy chasing the three ghosts in the haunted house, the witch taunting huey luey and duey, maybe even sleepy hollow. I think this would make for a great attraction. Combine them into a fun wild ride. You could use a gentler version of the Spiderman technology at Islands of Adventure. Gentler for the kids of course. Fun for adults and kids. Or maybe just me!
    Another ride that would be great for back there would be a tall tales ride. I know that it doesn't totally fit but there were a few of those classics that were made. I don't know. Just brainstorming.

if it's any consolidation I really love your Pete in all the Mickey shorts Idea. I think it's fantastic!

• Dreams Do Come True!

How about Donalds bumper boats the ride that never was.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by serviceelevator View Post
    Ooooh how about a Donald Aquatopia???

• Arrow and Obilio

I agree with you, who needs that theater?! Besides it would interesting to go into Toontown as usual only to get on a ride back on the same side you just came from!
    Somewhere in fontainbleau
    Lies my secret garden

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I did not see those as I was reading through the first part it seemed that this thread was going to turn into one of those I can outdo your remarks and things looked like it was going to be a big joke thread again. I just didn't realize that it would get back on track so soon.
    Some posts don't seem to acknowledge that ideas, not just me, proposed to replace the character houses in another form. And also having no references to expanding into the current backstage area. Even though posts red flag these concerns, those issues were already addressed in eariler posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Petchaurus View Post
    if it's any consolidation I really love your Pete in all the Mickey shorts Idea. I think it's fantastic!
    Thank you very much Petchaurus. I think most people on these types of "ideas" threads basically only listen to themselves. And skip/skim the "really long posts". One of many examples may be observed below before several posts I made about a "Donald's Tugboats" based around Tokyo DisneySea's Aquatopia.

Quote Originally Posted by serviceelevator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Ooooh how about a Donald Aquatopia???
    As to "bumper boats that never was", I am not aware of any such plans. Unless it's referring to what I posted in which credit was not given, not even a "someone else's idea was". An example of that was when a previous poster remembered a past attraction idea I had for "Mickey's House". At least SOME credit was given without sounding like it was the poster's idea. I don't know if any of this is the case... online message boards is easily misunderstood.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456