Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Re: Gumball Rally '08 Results

We all rock!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Great job everyone! Thank you for sharing all your photos and for all the hardwork that went into this event, you should all be proud of one another.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to the staff.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• Banned User

yeahhhh for the winners and the runnersup. you guys looked like you had so much fun and thank heavens the weather held out. but the ideas for WDW sound very scary and very expensive. Hope we come up with something a little less hairaising but just as fun!!!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Thanks to everyone who did anything at all in helping with this. Our team had such a blast all day long and I won't soon forget that awesome feeling. And we made the Top 10. Yay!

THANK YOU!!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• Circle of Ancients

I think what was the best thing about this years rally, seeing it from the helpers point of view, were all the teams ... showing up absolutely exhausted and not one team said they didn't want to do it again.

Don't think they would have on Sunday ... but I can't wait to see you all again for Gumball Rally 3.

It really goes to show that all of the hard work from the staff, all of the blood, sweat and tears that was put into the event, paid off.

The goal of the event was for everybody to have a great time. And from the get-go at the 8am hour you could tell it was going to be a good day.

There was such an energy amongst the teams and everybody was feeling it. The teams energy gave the staff the energy we needed. And it couldn't have been more fun.

I also wanted to give a shout out to the teams who gave La Brea Bakery your patronage on Saturday morning. They went out of their way not only letting us use their patio, but setting up tables for us. At one point there was a HUGE line out the door, filled with MiceChatters getting their coffee, muffins, etc. It was awesome that we were able to give something back to La Brea for the use of their property.

And to those of you who let a lowly moderator cut in front of you and didn't really give him that hard of a time (Elly ) ... A million thanks.

I have to say, I don't need any dreams from Disney, because I've already got MiceChat.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great, great event. Wonderful from top to bottom. I love MiceChat but my feet aren't too fond of them right now.

• Again! Again! Again!

Congrats to all the teams!! You did an awesome job and had fun! Fun fun fun! Key word!!

A huge shout out to Dusty, Fishy, and all those that helped put it together. I was on staff and had a good time. Thanks to Rick and Lu for the fabulous treats and magnets and stuff!! DlandFansAZ for the name tags! Charlie...hey you don't have bad ideas either!!! Thanks!! And thanks to just everyone that had anything to do with this event!! It was just as much fun to be on the staff side as it was to be competing...well, maybe not AS fun. But thank you again!

It was weird to be in the parks and not ride anything.

I'm ready for the next one!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    after about noon we gave up counting our points and just went with the flow to see what would happen in the end
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I talked to one team near the end of the day to see how they were doing and they looked at each other, grinned and said they had quit keeping track of anything and they were just doing it for the fun of it.
    The first and only time we counted points was when we were in line at Peter Pan. It was still relatively early and we had so few points compared to how many there were still to get. It was quite daunting. From that point forward, whether consciously or not, we stopped keeping track of points and just went for it. Until this morning, I didn't have a clue how we did.

Top Ten Finish!!! Woot!!!

I just want it noted that it was my idea to squeeze in Grizzly River Run after we got off Soarin' at 7:30. Note to future Rally teams: Seize every opportunity you have; use every minute of time you have. Get those points!!!

Regardless of whether we finished 10th or 50th though, it doesn't matter. I had the best time Saturday with my best friends. Team PBJT ROCKS!!!

A big thank you to Dusty, Fishy, MM, Circarama, the Mods, and all the organizers and staff who put the whole weekend together. You are amazing. You all put an incredible amount of time and effort into a true labor of love and it is so appreciated.

Special props to the spotters in DCA who spent hours at a time waiting for someone--anyone--to show up.

Such a perfect weekend--and one more reason I'm so proud to be a part of MiceChat.
    Last edited by disneytim; 01-29-2008 at 08:49 AM.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow View Post
    Thanks to everyone who did anything at all in helping with this. Our team had such a blast all day long and I won't soon forget that awesome feeling. And we made the Top 10. Yay!

THANK YOU!!
    We did it! But we knew we were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post

I just want it noted that it was my idea to squeeze in Grizzly River Run after we got off Soarin' at 7:30. Note to future Rally teams: Seize every opportunity you have; use every minute of time you have. Get those points!!!

Such a perfect weekend--and one more reason I'm so proud to be a part of MiceChat.
    Is that your story, Tim? It was MY idea to go on GRR, dude. Mine. And it was the best time ever.

Best weekend ever. Sooooo tired and sore on Sunday (and Monday....and today), but worth every second. It was a blast!

Thank you to the MiceChat staff and all the spotters and organizers. We really had the best time!!

PBJT FOREVER!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I have to say, I don't need any dreams from Disney, because I've already got MiceChat.
    Greg said a lot of other neat things, but this just really sums up EVERYTHING I was feeling about this weekend.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

• Circle of Ancients

I also want to thank the Gumball Rally staff for putting their time and effort in creating such a fun and crazy event.

Our team had a blast that day. We look forward to the rally next year

Congrats to all the winners..

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I want to thank everyone involved from the organizers to the staff to the participants.

I am still recovering from this exhausting yet very fun weekend. All I remember when leaving the park yesterday is talking to Katrina's brother Demetrius about Tigers and miniature golf, so I must have been zonked! But if I had to do it all over again I most definitely would do it in a heart beat!

Thanks again for a great weekend!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Um, it was mini golf and a mountain lion. At least that's what I heard.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

• Do You know?

^

What I really want to know is who came in last place ?

That team should be very proud of their efforts.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast