Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

• Brrr...its cold out there

Re: Gumball Rally '08 Results

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I think we might have been the first team in DCA! We only saw 2 other teams while we were there!
    I think you are right ! AWESOME job NNL and YYF !! I had so much fun and we did really good !

Thank you again to everyone that helped make the Rally such a great success. It is greatly appreciated ! I am looking forward to the next Rally !

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

The first team I saw at DCA was Diffrnt Drmrs, the Spirit Award Winners, over by Golden Dreams. That was before noon.

Speaking of that team, I am so glad to hear Jessie was excited about the award. He was such a trooper to keep up with you all day.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Bamamot - any chance we'll ever learn how many teams there were in total?
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I could tell you, but then Dusty would have to use his Jedi mind tricks on everyone to erase their memories. "These aren't the results you are looking for."

If Dusty and Fishbulb et al decide to give up the team numbers, they will do so. I know that the staff really appreciates how patient and understanding all the participants have shown with respect to the results.

On a side note, meeting you Miss MinkerTunkey, was one of the many highlights of my weekend.
    Last edited by mamabot; 01-29-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: game on with the name swap!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

Thanks to all of the staff for another funfilled rally!! I was determined to do it even though I had been ill and had little energy---just being at Disneyland, surrounded by all the enthusiastic teams and the beautiful weather---gave me the push I needed to make it through to the end! I think we did our best under the circumstances and we had a blast doing it. I'm just sorry I couldn't stay for the party---I know you all had a good time. Thanks Dusty, for all your hard work---and for the hug, it was greatly needed at the time! See you again next year!
    The Pink Elephants

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Quote Originally Posted by rex22 View Post
    alot participated and everyone started out with fantasyland.
    As a spotter we were in Tomorrowland first thing. A lot of teams headed to Space Mtn. first thing. Sadly it was down, so a lot of teams had to re think their strategy early on.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• Merrily on my way to

I just wanted to chime in with my thanks, too. So many people worked so hard to give us all such a great time. We really appreciate it. Many, many thanks to the incredible staff at MiceChat (you know we can't say enough about you!) and the wonderful folks who surprised us all with extra goodies. I'd also like to tip my hat to the CMs at the park. Nearly all of them seemed to already know about the Rally and were friendly and curious. So many of them had questions about it or wanted to see the questions about their ride. Just about all of them wished us luck. We ran in to other teams all day and there was a real sense of camaraderie. I had a wonderful time.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    The first team I saw at DCA was Diffrnt Drmrs, the Spirit Award Winners, over by Golden Dreams. That was before noon.
    We renewed our passes that morning and then found out that we couldn't get any FPs until we picked up the new passes at DCA. So after riding Nemo, Buzz, Star Tours and the Astro Orbitors (ok Jessie rode and I sat at the exit), we headed over to DCA. Assuming we got all of the questions right, we rode all of the attractions there.

I was glad that Seasons of the Vine was on the list. We had never seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    Speaking of that team, I am so glad to hear Jessie was excited about the award. He was such a trooper to keep up with you all day.
    Keep up with me? He's a little bundle of energy! I was hurting on Sunday, but he was up and ready to go again at 7AM.

Was Jessie the youngest competitor?

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I am not sure about that. We woulneed for the Safety Third teams to chime in on that subject. They had a lot of participants between their two teams, but I could never figure out how many people were on the team and how many were tagging along for the fun of it.

As a single team though, I would have to say Jessie was the youngest.

NO GOATS!

• Minion

Thank you Dustysage, Circarama, absolutely everyone who helped with the rally, and MickeyMaxx, Rixter, and DlandFanAZ for the swag! I can't say enough, it was so well organized and the spotters were everywhere! Don't know how you guys did it. Great job keeping us on our toes, I mean Golden Dreams at 3 points, seasons of the vine!? That was just plain evil

We had the best day ever at DL before we even got to the finish line and the win was just the icing on the cake. Throughout the day we had no idea where we would finish and were figuring that someone else had already finished the whole thing. We just wanted to do our best Our day was made even nicer by all of the great MC friends we have made whom we enjoyed running into throughout the day and celebrating with after.

Can't wait to see what the evil minds have in store for the Gumball Rally 3!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
    Thank you Dustysage, Circarama, absolutely everyone who helped with the rally, and MickeyMaxx, Rixter, and DlandFanAZ for the swag! I can't say enough, it was so well organized and the spotters were everywhere! Don't know how you guys did it. Great job keeping us on our toes, I mean Golden Dreams at 3 points, seasons of the vine!? That was just plain evil

We had the best day ever at DL before we even got to the finish line and the win was just the icing on the cake. Throughout the day we had no idea where we would finish and were figuring that someone else had already finished the whole thing. We just wanted to do our best Our day was made even nicer by all of the great MC friends we have made whom we enjoyed running into throughout the day and celebrating with after.

Can't wait to see what the evil minds have in store for the Gumball Rally 3!
    Congrats Mousercise!

You are one of the nicest people on MiceChat and you deserve it. I can now understand how tough it is and you deserve all of the accolades for such a hard fought victory.

I've already decided. Next year we are going to get in front of you on a ride and fake an injury. That'll lock you up for a while!

Seriously, it was wonderful seeing you get your gumball machine on Saturday. Congrats to you and your teammates!

Chad

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

What a great Rally! My day was made just by seeing everyone's smiles all day. From first thing in the morning until the end of the party at Tortilla Joe's everyone just looked like they were having such a great time and that's what this was all about. Congratulations to each and everyone of you for your efforts and your fun loving spirit!

And I've already reserved my spot with the Alterna Team next time...breakfast, lunch, shopping, and a few rides thrown in, that's the kind of rally I'm talking about

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Congrats Mousercise!

You are one of the nicest people on MiceChat and you deserve it. I can now understand how tough it is and you deserve all of the accolades for such a hard fought victory.

I've already decided. Next year we are going to get in front of you on a ride and fake an injury. That'll lock you up for a while!

Seriously, it was wonderful seeing you get your gumball machine on Saturday. Congrats to you and your teammates!

Chad
    Thanks aashee. Note to self .... stay away from aashee's team

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I heard there was a waiting list with extra fees (free lunch for letting you on the team perhaps?) for the Alterna team!

I just looked at some pics we have from Saturday...oh to love that on Dumbo, for that moment, we were totally ahead of Squirt & Nemo...yeah, it was our 2nd ride of the day, but I think we might have been ahead of them as they were in line when we were on the ride!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
    Thanks aashee. Note to self .... stay away from aashee's team
    Watch out for us next year!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast