Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Re: Gumball Rally '08 Results

We got 4th place!! Are you kidding me!? I am actually in shock right now.
    That's so freaking sweet

All and all it was a fabulous time. I met so many awesome people and had so much fun! You all are awesome
    Last edited by Kuzcochik; 01-29-2008 at 10:51 PM.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    As a spotter we were in Tomorrowland first thing. A lot of teams headed to Space Mtn. first thing. Sadly it was down, so a lot of teams had to re think their strategy early on.

we got so lucky to ride space mountain before it broked down.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    What a great Rally! My day was made just by seeing everyone's smiles all day. From first thing in the morning until the end of the party at Tortilla Joe's everyone just looked like they were having such a great time and that's what this was all about. Congratulations to each and everyone of you for your efforts and your fun loving spirit!

And I've already reserved my spot with the Alterna Team next time...breakfast, lunch, shopping, and a few rides thrown in, that's the kind of rally I'm talking about

It was so nice to meet you as well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    I just looked at some pics we have from Saturday...oh to love that on Dumbo, for that moment, we were totally ahead of Squirt & Nemo...yeah, it was our 2nd ride of the day, but I think we might have been ahead of them as they were in line when we were on the ride!
    haha we'd already completed more than two rides at that point

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Watch out for us next year!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    We got 4th place!! Are you kidding me!? I am actually in shock right now.
    That's so freaking sweet

All and all it was a fabulous time. I met so many awesome people and had so much fun! You all are awesome
    Don't leave Nemo's line next time.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Evil Queen in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][B]

Until next time - on behalf of the staff of MiceAge and MiceChat and all of our wonderful affiliate sites and partners,
    I would like to point out "until next time" does that mean we may have to wait a full year???
    R.I.P.

January 3, 2008-January 27, 2008

May you rest in peace in the happiest place on earth.

(FYI you were replaced with Winne the Pooh Shoes for $12.00 at Walmart)

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    It so totally was!

We still said 4.
    Space mountain
    We still said 3

Just post answers Dusty Please!
    Last edited by akfandisney; 01-30-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Evil Queen in Training

Ladies and Gentlemen, Chatters of all ages, I bring to you the greatest results on earth!

A tremendous thank you goes out to all of those who participated in our 2nd Gumball Rally. Whether you participated as a team, staff, or simply stopped by to cheer on the teams, we are so appreciative that you showed your support.

The Gumball Rally is a unique event. You don't have to be a Disney geek to win (but it helps), but to win, you'll need a plan and have the strength to stick it out for 11 hours! In the end, several teams got very close to completing all attractions in both parks, though none actually completed them all.

The teams competed from 9am until 8pm. The weather held out for most of the day, starting to sprinkle just a few hours before the end of the event and really coming down by the finish. On the plus side, the parks weren't very crowded and the temperature was perfect for such an event. On the down side, most teams had to carry around more clothes and umbrellas (etc) than they would normally need to for such an event.

But after the mud had settled, we had some winners.

Below you'll find the top 10 placing teams (if you scored below 10th place, we are happy to let you know your point total if you PM Dustysage).

Please feel free to add your own favorite photos and memories to this thread.

And now, the moment you have all been waiting for - the winners are:

Spirit Award Winners
    - The DifrntDrmrs - Carl Petersen and his son - So much fun, so much love, such good sports:

1st Place - Team Squirt and Nemo (84 Points) - Jennifer Razo, Kristen Razo, and Tiffani Razo:

2nd Place - Team Walt's SOS Brigade (84 Points) - Julie Goldstein And Justin Daube:

3rd Place - Team Is It October Yet? (82 Points) - Elly, Dustin, Gina, and "Uncle Mike"

The scream heard round the world

Congratulations to our top 3 teams. But we should also give special mention to the folks below who all came so close to MiceChat gold!
    • 4th Place - Team Club 33 Wannabe's (80 Points) - Sally and Mike
    • 5th Place - Team Squirt (77 Points) - Joe and Nicholas
    • 6th Place - Team Van Tassel's (77 Points) - Katrina and Demetrius
    • 7th Place - Team Great Moments with Dr. Jones (76 Points) - Brittany, Owen, and Julia
    • 8th Place - Team People Movers (76 Points) - Lori, Jeff, and Chris
    • 9th Place - Team Dorkalicious (76 Points) - Tiffany, Chris, and Kimberly
    • 10th Place (TIE) - Team PBJT (75 Points) - Tim, Julia, Claire, and Jennifer
    • 10th Place (TIE) - Team Dapper Dancers (75 Points) - Julie, Jack, Bill, and Mickey

And that is another one for the history books! It is said that MiceChatters make their own weather and as always, it was bright and sunny on Rally day - even in the rain.

We have a whole year to think of new diabolical ways to keep the Rally fresh and exciting for you. The next event may be quite different from the one we just completed. And you'll just have to wait to see what we have up our sleeves.

Many of you have commented on all the work that it takes to put on such an event. It is indeed a tremendous amount of work. It took a team of dozens to put it all together - and we give a hearty thanks to all. But special mention must go to Charlie Arnold (Circarama) for coming up with the idea of the original Gumball Rally and for helping to plan many aspects of this year's event. Also, to Norm Gidney (Fishbulb) for writing most of the questions for this year's event as well as producing all of the artwork and creating the beautiful flip books.

Also supporting the event this year was Hastin Z (The Monorail Man) for his amazing technical support. We'd also like to thank Michele (Mamabot) for spending so many hours planning the staffing of the event and picking out the prizes for the event. And to Jen (Indiana Jenn), and Joanne (Villains Fan) who along with Mamabot called all of the teams to make sure that they were properly registered and made sure that all of their questions were answered. DlandFansAZ (Marc and his beautiful family) for the personalized dog tags. Rick and Lu (Rixter and MickeyMax) for their charm, warmth, hugs, and goodies (Name tags, magnets, gumballs, and hundreds of cookies). Our fantastic Mods and Forum Leaders who in their spare time running the site helped plan the event. And there were lot's more people who helped test the rally, put the packets together, and staff the event all day on game day - each of you were critical to the success of this event and we love you!

It is truly an amazingly complex event to put on - but we do it gladly. Your smiles, friendship, support, encouragement, and enthusiasm for MiceChat and our events is all the reason we need to spend months putting together an event like this. YOU make it all worth while, and we mean that most sincerely.

Until next time - on behalf of the staff of MiceAge and MiceChat and all of our wonderful affiliate sites and partners,

Keep your head in the clouds, a dream in your heart, and a smile in your pocket

-The Dusty Sage of MiceChat

I've got a million ideas. What if I plan it for the warmest most humid day of the year? All 4 parks - 2 water parks - 2 Miniature Golf courses - and Disney Quest?
    Ahhhhhhh yes - the possibilities.

But I digress. Back to the thread of the moment. We'll explore the possibility of a WDW Gumball Rally soon enough.
    AHHH, how about around the world Rally

1 weeks, ALL Disney parks!!!!

wow, how sick of Disney stuff would we be!!!!!

Not to mention the $$$$$$$$
    R.I.P.

January 3, 2008-January 27, 2008

May you rest in peace in the happiest place on earth.

(FYI you were replaced with Winne the Pooh Shoes for $12.00 at Walmart)

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDan24 View Post
    Hey Gregg, when is the video going to be up?
    Sadly, I haven't even started working on capturing the video stuff yet. (I know, bad Gregg).

But I've got LOT'S of awesome footage of I think pretty much every team (or most of them).

There will probably be a few video's done - Registration, Dusty's Speech, Rally Time and the After Party.

But I am going to do a highlights video first. I'll start working on it over the next few days and you may see something by Saturday or Sunday.

I'm also going to be asking teams to send me their favorite pictures from the day so I can incorporate them into the video(s).

I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot View Post
    I am not sure about that. We woulneed for the Safety Third teams to chime in on that subject. They had a lot of participants between their two teams, but I could never figure out how many people were on the team and how many were tagging along for the fun of it.

As a single team though, I would have to say Jessie was the youngest.
    Sorry it took me so long to post this (I've been trying to catch up at work), but here is the run down on our team...we didn't have any of the kids except one 12 year old officially registered. We had three teams officially registered, 2 two-member teams and 1 three-member team. The three turtles, I mean, eight year-olds, were just there for photo ops. We also had a grandparent pit crew to feed some of us lunch and we know that is officially cheating but we didn't figure we were in the running anyway. Since EVERY ONE wants to do it again next year in a more competitive manner, we will ditch the pit crew. (They will probably compete too, and I'm sure they will be tough competition.)

Thank you to all of you that put on this event, it was wonderful. The two Safety Third team members that are actually Micechatters drug a whole slew of friends and family with us and they all had a wonderful time and plan to be back. I have to get a turtle to bed or I would elaborate on this more...

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Sadly, I haven't even started working on capturing the video stuff yet. (I know, bad Gregg).

But I've got LOT'S of awesome footage of I think pretty much every team (or most of them).

There will probably be a few video's done - Registration, Dusty's Speech, Rally Time and the After Party.

But I am going to do a highlights video first. I'll start working on it over the next few days and you may see something by Saturday or Sunday.

I'm also going to be asking teams to send me their favorite pictures from the day so I can incorporate them into the video(s).

I'll keep you posted.
    OH cool you were taping us at the tea cups on that day. Can't wait to see the video in couple of days.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

just out of curiosity, how many teams were there in the competition?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Oh Elly, that question has been asked at least twice (by me!) - but hopefully we'll get an answer soon!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i was looking at PhotoMatt's pix from the event and was surprised at how many teams i didnt' recognize at all! i dont' even remember seeing them around the parks, lol
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    i was looking at PhotoMatt's pix from the event and was surprised at how many teams i didnt' recognize at all! i dont' even remember seeing them around the parks, lol
    It's because your team was too busy leaving them behind in the dust

But seriously, for us, it felt like we kept on seeing the same 5 teams over and over again.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast