Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Gumball Rally '08 Results

Ladies and Gentlemen, Chatters of all ages, I bring to you the greatest results on earth!

A tremendous thank you goes out to all of those who participated in our 2nd Gumball Rally. Whether you participated as a team, staff, or simply stopped by to cheer on the teams, we are so appreciative that you showed your support.

The Gumball Rally is a unique event. You don't have to be a Disney geek to win (but it helps), but to win, you'll need a plan and have the strength to stick it out for 11 hours! In the end, several teams got very close to completing all attractions in both parks, though none actually completed them all.

The teams competed from 9am until 8pm. The weather held out for most of the day, starting to sprinkle just a few hours before the end of the event and really coming down by the finish. On the plus side, the parks weren't very crowded and the temperature was perfect for such an event. On the down side, most teams had to carry around more clothes and umbrellas (etc) than they would normally need to for such an event.

But after the mud had settled, we had some winners.

Below you'll find the top 10 placing teams (if you scored below 10th place, we are happy to let you know your point total if you PM Dustysage).

Please feel free to add your own favorite photos and memories to this thread.

And now, the moment you have all been waiting for - the winners are:

Spirit Award Winners
    - The DifrntDrmrs - Carl Petersen and his son - So much fun, so much love, such good sports:

1st Place - Team Squirt and Nemo (84 Points) - Jennifer Razo, Kristen Razo, and Tiffani Razo:

2nd Place - Team Walt's SOS Brigade (84 Points) - Julie Goldstein And Justin Daube:

3rd Place - Team Is It October Yet? (82 Points) - Elly, Dustin, Gina, and "Uncle Mike"

The scream heard round the world

Congratulations to our top 3 teams. But we should also give special mention to the folks below who all came so close to MiceChat gold!
    • 4th Place - Team Club 33 Wannabe's (80 Points) - Sally and Mike
    • 5th Place - Team Squirt (77 Points) - Joe and Nicholas
    • 6th Place - Team Van Tassel's (77 Points) - Katrina and Demetrius
    • 7th Place - Team Great Moments with Dr. Jones (76 Points) - Brittany, Owen, and Julia
    • 8th Place - Team People Movers (76 Points) - Lori, Jeff, and Chris
    • 9th Place - Team Dorkalicious (76 Points) - Tiffany, Chris, and Kimberly
    • 10th Place (TIE) - Team PBJT (75 Points) - Tim, Julia, Claire, and Jennifer
    • 10th Place (TIE) - Team Dapper Dancers (75 Points) - Julie, Jack, Bill, and Mickey

And that is another one for the history books! It is said that MiceChatters make their own weather and as always, it was bright and sunny on Rally day - even in the rain.

We have a whole year to think of new diabolical ways to keep the Rally fresh and exciting for you. The next event may be quite different from the one we just completed. And you'll just have to wait to see what we have up our sleeves.

Many of you have commented on all the work that it takes to put on such an event. It is indeed a tremendous amount of work. It took a team of dozens to put it all together - and we give a hearty thanks to all. But special mention must go to Charlie Arnold (Circarama) for coming up with the idea of the original Gumball Rally and for helping to plan many aspects of this year's event. Also, to Norm Gidney (Fishbulb) for writing most of the questions for this year's event as well as producing all of the artwork and creating the beautiful flip books.

Also supporting the event this year was Hastin Z (The Monorail Man) for his amazing technical support. We'd also like to thank Michele (Mamabot) for spending so many hours planning the staffing of the event and picking out the prizes for the event. And to Jen (Indiana Jenn), and Joanne (Villains Fan) who along with Mamabot called all of the teams to make sure that they were properly registered and made sure that all of their questions were answered. DlandFansAZ (Marc and his beautiful family) for the personalized dog tags. Rick and Lu (Rixter and MickeyMax) for their charm, warmth, hugs, and goodies (Name tags, magnets, gumballs, and hundreds of cookies). Our fantastic Mods and Forum Leaders who in their spare time running the site helped plan the event. And there were lot's more people who helped test the rally, put the packets together, and staff the event all day on game day - each of you were critical to the success of this event and we love you!

It is truly an amazingly complex event to put on - but we do it gladly. Your smiles, friendship, support, encouragement, and enthusiasm for MiceChat and our events is all the reason we need to spend months putting together an event like this. YOU make it all worth while, and we mean that most sincerely.

Until next time - on behalf of the staff of MiceAge and MiceChat and all of our wonderful affiliate sites and partners,

Keep your head in the clouds, a dream in your heart, and a smile in your pocket

-The Dusty Sage of MiceChat

Last edited by Dustysage; 01-29-2008 at 08:02 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Re: Gumball Rally '08 Results

Congratulations to the winners and the teams!!! You guys were amazing and the event could not have happened without you! There was such a wonderful spirit to the competition; Not bitter but spirited and fun. Without you the event and MC itself could never have happened.

There was one person that Dusty did not thank and that was himself. Without our Dusty none of us would have had the desire, much less the energy, to pull this off without his determination to pull off a great event.

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Hangin Around

Thank you to all the staff that made this race happen!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

We placed in the top ten? Srsly?

Way to go everybody and what an amazing day!

I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Goofy

A big thank you to all the staff members. Everyone lets pat ourselfs in the back for a such a fun day.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Here's to all the folks who participated in the Rally! Every time I encountered one of the teams, they were working their way through the park like a group of kids on their first visit to Disneyland, determined to use up all their A, B, C, D, and E Tickets.

So, I'm thinkin' you maybe had a good time out there!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

So much work, but so much fun!

As Fishy said, a big thank you to Dustysage. I don't know how he finds the time to do it all with the work schedule he has.

Congratulations to everyone! You make me so proud to be a part of this family.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

the four of us (5 if you count our one-man cheering section) had a FANTASTIC time. after about noon we gave up counting our points and just went with the flow to see what would happen in the end....funnily enough Gina left dinner a bit early becuase she was tired and our entire group was so sure we weren't going to win anything!

and then came "the scream heard round the world" *blush*

thank you so much everyone, the mods, organizers, and all the other teams for all the fun challenges at the Rally, it was beyond memorable!

and until next year...when you just might see....Revenge of Is It October Yet?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Hangin Around

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    the four of us (5 if you count our one-man cheering section) had a FANTASTIC time. after about noon we gave up counting our points and just went with the flow to see what would happen in the end....funnily enough Gina left dinner a bit early becuase she was tired and our entire group was so sure we weren't going to win anything!

and then came "the scream heard round the world" *blush*

thank you so much everyone, the mods, organizers, and all the other teams for all the fun challenges at the Rally, it was beyond memorable!

and until next year...when you just might see....Revenge of Is It October Yet?
    I hope to see the revenge of Is It October Yet next year.

• I was deleted.

Great work everyone! Even though I didn't participate I want to say thank you to everyone who helped made this event extra-magical. The second rally is now in MiceChat history but it's full of memories - that's obvious by pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to participate in one soon, even if it is the "WDW Death March."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Great work everyone! The second rally is now in MiceChat history but it's full of memories - that's obvious by pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to participate in one soon, even if it is the "WDW Death March."
    I've got a million ideas. What if I plan it for the warmest most humid day of the year? All 4 parks - 2 water parks - 2 Miniature Golf courses - and Disney Quest?
    Ahhhhhhh yes - the possibilities.

But I digress. Back to the thread of the moment. We'll explore the possibility of a WDW Gumball Rally soon enough.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

thanks for the report!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Congratulations to all the winners! In my eyes, that includes all the MiceChatters who were there that day.

Thank you to Dusty for putting on such a wonderful event. Fishbulb, for making sure we had questions in the most beautiful packets on top of everything else you do for the Rally. Charlie, well, it wouldn't be a Gumball Rally without your idea. Hastin, for all that you do to make things work. Marc for the coolest dog tags. Rick & Lu for everything you brought to the Rally.

To all the spotters who gave up a day of your lives to come to Disneyland & California Adventure to NOT ride rides just to help make sure the event was such a success, I give you the Year of a Million Thanks! There were over 40 people out in both parks, both known and unknown, who watched to make sure that the teams stayed on honest during the game

None of you complained about your assignments. You all kept the schedule flowing perfectly for eleven straight hours. You were my heros on Saturday. From MC adminstrators to moderators to forum leaders to staff to regular posters on the site, we had a great, amazing, dedicated team out there watching over the game like the Angels of MiceChat.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Like mamabot said, EVERYONE was a winner Saturday, even if they didn't place. I talked to one team near the end of the day to see how they were doing and they looked at each other, grinned and said they had quit keeping track of anything and they were just doing it for the fun of it. Thats the true spirit of the Rally! Getting together with friends, sometimes with new friends you just met, and spending the day together just having fun and enjoying the ride!!!!

So many people put so much love and time into this event, it made it a most memorable weekend for us all!! Without the teamwork and love from all the members, this would never of been possible!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great job to everyone involved whether you were an organizer, spotter, player or a supporter. I must point out that our super secret AZ team came in 4th this year so I think you better watch out because next year the trophy will be theirs.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast