Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

Thumbs up Filing compliments for fun and profit! (Well, the first one.)

So this evening, in my entitled AP way (sorry, couldn't resist), I headed down to the park at around 8 with a couple of friends. We strolled Downtown Disney for a little while, then headed into DCA to bug our friend working grouper on Stinger and to ride Soarin'. Once we left that ride, we dashed across the Esplanade and headed up to the Main Street Railway Station to watch the fireworks with about five minutes to spare before the show.

There we learned that the seating was reserved for tour guests; however, there were several empty seats. I grabbed a cast member who was leading one of the tours and asked if we might take some of the seats if they were still empty at the beginning of the show. She asked me to wait a moment, so I resumed my position, which wasn't bad, but would have meant kneeling for the whole show. Then she came over and directed me and my friends to the front bench in the very center.

It was an AMAZING view. Completely and utterly perfect. It's been a little while since I've watched the show from Main Street, and I had forgotten what a great experience it is when viewed from the intended angle. I was literally sobbing from the beginning until the Pirates segment, because it was just that good.

After the show, I went back and found the CM, thanked her for being so dang cool, and took note of her name. I was in an exceptionally good mood for the rest of the evening, and I knew it was because the fireworks had totally made my night. So, on my way out, I stopped by City Hall and filled out the compliment form as a way of repayment.

So, there's my story. What CM experiences were so good that you took the time to let City Hall know?

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

Re: Filing compliments for fun and profit! (Well, the first one.)

Well a CM flipped my friend off. Wait. You said COMPLIMENT, not COMPLAINT. Doh! Heh. To be honest, the crowd at City Hall deturs people from filling out compliments. Only the pissed off people are willing to wait in line to be able to express themself. Sad. I was going to fill out a great compliment card for a CM that did the JC skipper, but he said sometihng about his name being Sarah and I rode on Splash Mountian?

P.S. Your compliment COULD get the nice CM into trouble IF its against policy to allow non-tour members into those seats. And I am guessing that IS the case since those people paid 49$ that you did not.

• Basking in birthday love

The line at City Hall was pretty nasty, but I figured that I didn't need to talk to a CM, so I just asked for a form as soon as I got in the door and no one made a fuss. I considered that it might get her into trouble, but I sort of doubt it will. Tour groups of course get their pick of the seats, but if there aren't enough of them to fill the area (it was only about half-full), it only makes sense to allow other guests to sit there as well, in order to cram in as many people as possible. I sure hope that's the policy, anyway.

(And yeah, how are you supposed to commend the JC skippers if they won't tell you their real names? I don't get that...)

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Still wants to be a cat!

I just e-mail Disney with compliments/complaints, much easier and works much better. We original Micechatters at the first meeting of the COW met a wonderful CM named Norma, she took professional pictures alone with everyone's persona cameras, must have taken about about 1/2 hour, thought she was the greatest, but I don't think anyone else thought of how much she put into that afternoon, we had around 35 people. I always send compliments to the CM's that help us out! That day, for those who were there....I know all of us appreciated Norma and what she did for us! My picture is framed and proudly displayed!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Hey that happened to me tonight! I got to sit in the VIP seats too! My friend and I saw the CM letting a few people in so we asked since it was just the 2 of us and she let us sit there. It was an amazing view. The castle was slightly obstructed but having seen the show a couple times that was fine for us. I'm sure trying that more often!

• Senior Minion

In any trip we make to DLR or WDW, there are cast members who are outstanding, and there are some who will really honk me off (generally, it's their attitude).

I always make it a point to write the resort and detail the CMs on both sides. I don't know if they get read, or make it to the actual CMs themselves, but I like to give credit where credit is due, and to see the wicked punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    I don't know if they get read, or make it to the actual CMs themselves, but I like to give credit where credit is due, and to see the wicked punished.
    yes, they get read. a copy goes to the CM, the CM's manager and Department and to the CM's permanent Personnel File... to be used during reviews, promotion and payraise consideration.

usually, positive feedback reinforces the CM's behavior/action - likewise for negative feedback.

:-)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I always mean to, but always forget!
    Wolfy, what's the e-mail address?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Biggest fan of D-Land

Here's the form on the official website...

https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyl...=ContactUsPage

Hope this helps!!!

~Disneyland Fan~
    Last edited by Disneyland Fan; 08-02-2005 at 09:05 AM.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

We always take the time, wait in line, and fill out compliments when they are warrented. Whenever a CM takes extra time to explain something to us, help us in a friendly way, or just contributes to our experience, we feel like it is important to let City Hall know. Besides, you get to overhear lots of craziness in line!

Yes, we are "entitled" APers from AZ!
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Rock Star Minion

Any time a CM does something special for you, but seems a bit fuzzy, more in the "We don't usually do this" department, you can always sign a compliment card without going into details as to exactly why the CM deserves it.

"CM Minnie Mouse was exemplary in her duties on 7/31/2005."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Biggest fan of D-Land

I always try to leave written compliments/complaints because I know it is a good way to communicate feedback to the park. I'm sure Matt Ouimett would love to hear almost everything people are saying about his park, good or bad. I also like to help out CM's that are very friendly/helpful because I know they do get back to them and help out for raises, promotions. I always leave written comments rather than e-mail just for the sake of actually being in the park and physically filling out the form and writing the compliment should be worth more than someone sitting on their computer from 2000 miles away sending an e-mail, who may have never even been to the park recently. I encourage everyone to leave compliments at City Hall. You rock Mr. Ouimett and John in the Disney Gallery (Two of my most recent compliments)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Fan
    Here's the form on the official website...

https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyl...=ContactUsPage

Hope this helps!!!

~Disneyland Fan~
    It does! Thank you!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I also send off emails. I try and send them off for good and bad experiences. In fact, I sent one off for my wonderful experiences on the 17th and for two wonderful cm's we came across on the 10th(best jungle cruise skipper I've ever had!!! His name was MIkey)

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Any time a CM does something special for you, but seems a bit fuzzy, more in the "We don't usually do this" department, you can always sign a compliment card without going into details as to exactly why the CM deserves it.

"CM Minnie Mouse was exemplary in her duties on 7/31/2005."

GREAT idea. That is a perfect way to show your thanks, but not screw the CM. You guys know the saying, "No good deed goes unpunished..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast