Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Circarama's Gumball Rally Trip Report

I'd like to start off by saying that this is probably going to be one of the lamest trip reports I've ever done. I was so busy Saturday morning handing out dogtags with Marc (DLandFansAZ) that I simply didn't have enough time to take any pictures.
    Here's a couple of Dusty giving a speech to the Rally participants prior to "releasing the hounds".

On the way to the Fantasia Gardens (aka the Motorboat Cruise dock) we stopped in Fantasyland and got some pics of Rally participants starting their day.

Getting ready to go on the Matterhorn (but only on the Tomorrowland side!)

I wasn't sure what the deal was with this participant... pretty sure he was praying to Circarama the Gumball Rally god for a blessing. Whoopsie, my bad. This is the "Churro Pope" striking his papal pose.

Team Blurry

We're headin' to DCA!! (Yeah, and passing up the Opera House like everyone else. Marc and I staked that place out for 3 HOURS and nobody went in to see the show!!)

After I was done spotting, Tigerlily came by and took me to lunch at the Hungry Bear, where we ran into one of our Felinus Disneylandus friends.

In case you were wondering, cat's are carnivores... which means they eat meat. Not french fries like the teenagers next to us were trying to feed the cat.

After lunch Tigerlily and I hopped on the train and had a nice conversation with ksejr1 and her team mate before getting off at the Toontown/Fantasyland station. We walked over to Tomorrowland and saw a few more participants.
    MCow1 and Mary Read

Walts SOS Blurrgade Brigade

After that I put away my camera and went over to the Dumbo Jets, er, the Astro Orbiter to spot for cheaters with Darlene (Tigerlily) and Marc (DLAndFansAZ). Of course nobody showed up while we were there...

... After that we headed over to HISTA to relieve Monorail MAn who was spotting that attraction. Once again, we got stiffed. I can't believe it... nobody wants to waste 40 minutes of their time for a whopping 2 points. What's the DEAL?! I'm starting to see why nobody stopped at the Opera House.

After that stint was over, we decided to head over to DCA for a few minutes before heading to Tortilla Joes for the awards party. We ran into SkyWayGrl, who upon seeing me commanded her brother,"DON"T TALK TO HIM!!"(WHAT did I do?) as she hurried him along towards another attraction, seconds ahead of Walt's SOS Brigade.

We checked out Flicks Fun Faire and saw a few participants finishing up. As we left that area and headed towards Paradise Pier, the rain started and we decided it was time to head to Tortilla Joes.

We got there just the other Rally organizers and volunteers did. We went upstairs and began to get things ready for the party.

I got FishBulb dialed in with that martini I owed him as he got ready to grade the Rally quiz books, and took a look out front from the balcony.
    "Hey guys, they're ready to come in."

I put my camera away again, so I got nothin' from the awards ceremony...

...except this lame pic of "Dusty the Emcee" with his new best friend, "The Big Voice" portable PA system.

And that's all I got from Saturday!

On Sunday we got into the Park as the MC crew was leaving the dock on the Mark Twain, which gave us just enough time to ride Pirates before heading to the noon meet.

The meet was great. Got to say hello to alot of wonderful MiceChatters, and was TOTALLY taken aback when Lisa (Pratt 55) presented me with a Planters Peanuts gumball peanut vending machine for being "MiceChats Nuttiest Gumballer"

That was so sweet. Totally unexpected!

All in all, it was a fabulous weekend with a bunch of really great folks! My only wish was that I didn't default to putting away the camera... I really wish I had taken more pictures.

I want to thank all of the people who helped produce the Gumball Rally... Dustysage, Fishbulb, Monorail Man, Mamabot for making doing this event practically painless. You guys have all been excellant people to work with while planning this event, and I consider myself blessed to be able to work with such a great group of people!

DLandFansAZ for all the cool dogtags for the participants, and also for your company while waiting for somebody... anybody, to visit one of the attractions we were watching during the rally!!

Mickey Max and Rixter for all of the great nametags, magnets, cookies, magic gumballs, and for all of the fabulous support that you gave to the Special Events Crew. You guys went WAAAAAY over and above, and for that, I thank you!!

All of the wonderful volunteers who helped make this event a reality by simply showing up and doing what you said you would do. YOU GUYS ROCK!! SERIOUSLY... YOU REALLY DO ROCK!!

Most of all I want to thank the participants for taking a chance on this event. The Gumball Rally would not exist if you folks didn't sign up for it! Because of that we'll be just like Walt... continuing to try and "plus" the Gumball Rally each year to get you to come back and try it again! Thanks for participating, I really enjoyed talking to as many of you as I could. You guys are my hero's!
    Last edited by Circarama; 01-30-2008 at 08:39 AM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Circarama's Gumball Rally Trip Report

Thanks for the trip report Circa!

All butt kissing aside, one of my highlights was meeting you at the rally. Creating the Gumball rally was genious. And you came to the event all smiles and it was obvious you were there to have a blast.

Thanks again for being the brains behind the beast aka, the gumball rally. I look forward to seeing you at one of the Sunday meets.

Chad

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

It looks fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    I wasn't sure what the deal was with this participant... pretty sure he was praying to Circarama the Gumball Rally god for a blessing.
    That's the Churro Pope with his Churro Pose!!! LOL

Very cool!

Wish I could have gone to the dinner, but alas, I stayed in character as incognito lurking floater (not even wearing my beautiful lanyard to stay incognito) and was sitting at the John Wayne airport as my flight was delayed longer and longer, while you guys were having fun there.

• Minion

Great report Gumball Rally mastermind

• Goofy

great pictures circarama they are great thanks. you got a good shots of cm paley and me.

• Circle of Ancients

Great report and pictures!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

thanks for the trip report! always love more and more trip reports!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Congratulations on your Planters Peanut Nuttiest Gumballer Award!!! That is just too awesome for words. Woot woot!

Oh, and thanks for the cool trip report too! Your pics are great!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

thanks for all you did to make the Gumball Rally such an amazingly fun event
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

I told you it was all your fault, Charlie, and it looks like I was right!

All your fault hundreds of MiceChatters had the time of their lives.
    All your fault we all got to renew friendships and make new ones.
    All your fault we'll all have memories to last a lifetime.
    All your fault this event has done its part to keep MC at the forefront of Disney fan sites.

I could go on, but, surely, you see my point by now.
    It is all your fault (with a cast of dozens of MC helpers, Admins, Family, and loved ones.)

Thanks from the bottom of my heart. Good times, friend!

Lu
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Charlie, awesome trip report! Thanks for making the event so wonderful. It was nice getting to talk to you and Tigerlily after the Awards Party.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitfeet View Post
    Very cool!

Wish I could have gone to the dinner, but alas, I stayed in character as incognito lurking floater (not even wearing my beautiful lanyard to stay incognito) and was sitting at the John Wayne airport as my flight was delayed longer and longer, while you guys were having fun there.
    Ah yes, one of the super secret incognito lurking spotters. Thank you so much for taking time from your vacation to help us out! Sorry to hear about your flight being delayed. I hope you at least had a great vacation!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• World Traveler

Those were really great pictures! Thanks.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Charlie I was so glad to get to spend a few minutes with you and Tigerlily on Sunday. We are glad that you're the "Nuttiest Micechatter" but we did fill it with honey nuts because we all know how sweet you really are.

• Evil Queen in Training

AWESOME!!!
    I'm lov'in the pictures from the rally, and the best part is I was able to avoid the camera this year (I was having a really bad hair day).
    R.I.P.

January 3, 2008-January 27, 2008

May you rest in peace in the happiest place on earth.

(FYI you were replaced with Winne the Pooh Shoes for $12.00 at Walmart)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast