Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: New Monorail Station

If they're serious about going with the Disney Resort theme, I can see it. But it's a major expense for that sort of extension. There's a reason, even in the early Disney World expansion years of Eisner and Wells that the monorail hasn't been extended to include the Studios or Animal Kingdom parks.

Personally, I'd rather see them develop DCA to stand on its own first and then get the monorail over there. If they do a major redevelopment, include that in the redevelopment.

• Wantabe DLRR Engineer

A station in DCA is needed, might get more people to visit if already on Monorail and stopping in the middle of it.

• My Children's Father

Too many stops on a single system greatly slows capacity. I would propose multiple transportation systems:

1. A PM style from M&F to the esplanade (in lieu of the trams)

2. A monorail from the PPH to the south-east corner of expanded (into Timon) DCA

3. A monorail from M & F to DtD, and to the Pond or the stadium
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser
    I don't like the idea of a Esplanade station.
    I don't either! It would encourage non-ticketed people to want to ride it!
    Plus it would destroy the beauty of the open air esplanade!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    How about a berm around DCA with an extended monorail track? Have it go around the hotels and stop in Paradise Pier.
    Major expense, but it would serve a few purposes.

I like this idea better... but I don't think the suits would put more money
    towards a dying area of the resort (DCA)!

They would have to have some sort of "pass" however to park hop...
    they'd have to make sure they were checked more accurately!

• Master of Disaster

first. remove the turnstiles from the DTD entrance.

second. when the station in TL is rebuilt have the turnstiles in there making it an entrance to the park.

third. open a new monorail station above the soaring queue or right next to that area with turnstiles into the park. maybe stairs down to the grand californian.

that is all.

Why is everyone complaining that you would have to wait in line for the Monorail? You barely have to wait at all. Especially if they have enough trains on the track at once. I think that there should be a new station near the front of the park ( near the kennels, or near the bus stops ) so that the Disneyland Hotel don't have to walk too much. Last time I went and stayed at the DL hotel, I HATED having to walk to the parks every day. I don't mind walking, its just that walking through DTD always got so repeditive and monotonous. I didn't want to take the Monorail at the DTD station because it drops people off at tomorrowland, and I perfer to enter through main street.

Here's what I propose: Have a monorail stop at the Grand Californian, extend it to the Paradise Peir hotel for a station there, and also have a much closer station next to the Disneyland hotel ( demolish the DTD station. They don't need it ) and also extend it to the DL parking garage for a station there. Then, have a station either at the kennels or the bus stops to drop off the hotel and parking garage guests. As for it going through tomorrowland, well, I say move the station from the top of the rumored nemo qeue to the old Sky Way station for any curious day guests who just want a round trip tour of DL.

BTW, why does everyone want a Skyway from DL to DCA?! I know, the old sky way was fun, but its really not a revolutionary mode of transportation anymore as it was introduced back in the fifties. Now, its regaurded as merely an amusment park ride. Skyways really aren't efficient, they're slow, they're not wheel chair accessable, and they cause long lines, unlike monorails where you can hop right on and get from one point to another quickly.
    Do you fear death? You fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bail. All your sins PUNISHED.

• insufferable know-it-all

It'd be sweet if they could run the monorail into the DLH. Build a station somewhere in the area between all the buildings (eg: not make it go through an existing building, just into the central former marina area). Then they could run it across to PPH, swoop around and hit the GCH/DCA.

But I'm not budging on the TL station.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Having a Grand Day!

While they are at it, Increase the loading gauge for biggger trains (more room to put in AirCon!)

• Banned User

while thinking about it.. Air con would be good.. but have it set up to open the windoes just in case... (WDW's air con breaks down in some cabs sometimes.. and it can get bad..)

How about this for a new monorail system?

The following link will take you to my rendition of my idea for a newly remodeled monorail transit system at the Disneyland Resort. Monorail link My idea is similar to PragmaticIdealist's idea to reverse the line.
    Station listing as follows
    1. Tommorowland station
    2. Entrance plaza
    3. Mickey and Friends Parking Structure
    4. Downtown Disney / Disneyland Hotel
    5. Paradise Pier Stop (easy to remove from budget)
    6. Grand Californian / California Adventure Stop

• My Children's Father

I'll repeat what I said earlier. Too many stops along a single route will slow things way way way way down. It'll be like taking Southwest Airlines across the country, flying in 1-hr. hops. You'll spend more time sitting in a station to let passengers get on or off than you will on the track spaces between stops.

IMHO, it would be better to have two or three independent loops of travel, with no more than two stops on each one.

I would propose, in addition to the existing route/station arrangement, a monorail loop that would have stations at M&F and the extreme South East Corner of DCA. That might lure more people into DCA ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    first. remove the turnstiles from the DTD entrance.

second. when the station in TL is rebuilt have the turnstiles in there making it an entrance to the park.
    That would mean anybody in DTD could ride it for free and just not get off. I think this would fill it up with all the freeloaders just wanting a ride.

I would LOVE to see something connecting directly to the parking area, DCA, and PP hotel. It would not have to be one track - break it up if need be.

But I will not hold my breath on this

• Down Pluto!

Leave the monorail alone and build a new peoplemover that connects the esplanade to the hotels surrounding the Resort - and of course the parking structure. Use the immediate transportation system for what it was designed to do. Refer to Walt's Epcot sales presentation...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123