241 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

Baby Shower Idea

I was an AP for many,many years till I moved to the Central Valley. So was my daughter and we were both CM's. I am having a baby shower for her and of course the nursery is MM. She has over 300 of the Beanies so that is one things we dont need more of-hahaha! I am making the a 'diaper cake" (made out of pampers and decorated). Unfortunately the Disney Stores don't have much any merchandise now. I am looking for ideas to decorate it. Any ideas of small, safe baby type that you might have seen at the Park? It would be a great reason to come down for a weekend and shop. I miss the park so much but keep it in my heart by all your posts. I guess I can't post attachements or I would show an example. Thanks!
    Last edited by cobblestoneC35/125; 01-30-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: huge typo
    Namaste

...I'm not old, I'm just older...bonjovi

Re: Baby Shower Idea

Sorry I can't help you...I don't have much an imagination but perhaps look online at the Disney store and see if you can get some ideas there....then treat yourself to a trip to the park!

Good luck!

• no flash photography...

I don't really pay attention to baby stuff in the parks. My child is 17 years old, but in passing I have seen baby clothes in the pooh store and a few other stores, stuffies...I don't recall seeing toys for babies though, but they could have them.

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

Try going to your local wal-mart, target, etc. and go to their baby section and see what they have! I would also do a google search and see what you can find.
    Christina

At some showers I've been to people have put clothesline through the room or along a wall and hung baby clothes on it that were gifts or even clothes mom or dad wore as a baby. Buy the smallest size you can find of a Minnie dress up dress and hang it up. Also at the Disney Character Wherehouse near DL they have a lot of Disney toddler clothes. I thought they were a little old fashioned (90s) and somewhat tacky, but if you just get one and hang it up on the line at least it would contribute to the theme. If you do the clothesline, you should also hang the Disney beanies you already have in between the clothes, that'd look cute. The other Disney baby thing that I've done, is I've bought some (Little Golden Book) prints for the baby's room at the Disney Gallery now closed. But I think they have the print machine at World of Disney in downtown. My husband also bought me a reprint of the Peter Pan Little Golden Books for Christmas. Those would be a cute gift or just propped up for decor. That's all I can think of right now. I just googled Disney baby shower and this short list of ideas came up http://baby-shower.yeahbaby.com/them...y-shower-theme

• Banned User

at out local babiesrus there are lots of baby clothes and blankets etc with pooh and baby minnie and mickey, and they are usually located right next to a toys r us that would have baby toys in it as well.