Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• That's a lot of look.

Almost a potential winner of the Dream Suite

Subtitle? "I should have run faster!"

It looks like the first winners of the Dream Suite were a very pleasant looking lady and her about 8-year-old daughter who were the first off of GRR after opening. How do I know? I got off of GRR second. [Insert sad face here.]

The first clue was actually an enormous crew composed of a Dream CM named Josie, two plain-clothed Disney employees, a camera man, a light man, two sound guys and various people holding clipboards and official accoutrements barging past us all at the rope at the Grizzly River Rec Area. This was at about 9:50 this morning. They were filming Josie and the two employees chatting about who knows what and strolling along, tra-la. When they got to the exit, they stopped, turned off all of their lights and climbed the stairway. It was there that they lay in wait for their victim, er, winner.

I was the only one there who smelled what the Dis was cooking. So, as casually as I could, I sidled my way up to the corner of rope that would drop first. I ended up just behind the eventual winners. They were really sweet. They had been planning on making GRR their first stop all along. They had had their ponchos on since about 9:40! When we were allowed in, I was waylaid by a group of cute Japanese teenagers who forced me -- forced, I tell you! -- into the second raft with them. Well, neat as you please, Mom and Kid were first on, first off and announced as potential winners of the Disney Dream Suite by Josie.

Why is Disney conducting a red carpet-style interview for the winners? Is the tape for in-house review or for a press release? In any case, I overheard Mom say that Dad stayed home sick, though I'm sure he'll rouse himself to spend the night at Mickey's. Josie was also asking a bunch of qualifying questions that they taped (Did they or anyone in the family work for Disney?). After ascertaining eligibility, she pronounced them potential winners of the Suite. Uh, woo hoo?

So get ready for your moment in the spotlight. Be sure no one works for Disney and have your ponchos at the ready!

Re: Almost a potential winner of the Dream Suite

Quote Originally Posted by missmonkey View Post
    Why is Disney conducting a red carpet-style interview for the winners? Is the tape for in-house review or for a press release?
    Probably for both reasons. When these things first start up...the winning families get a lot of press and attention. But after awhile things will die down and subsequent winners won't receive quite the publicity attention, if any at all.

Although Disney usually does photo document each winning family so at the very least they can hope for some coverage in the winner's hometown media.

But pretty soon the new-ness will wear off and you won't see much coverage of the suite winners at all. Kind of like right now with the Castle Suite in Florida. You hardly ever read anything about winners of that anymore. Unless there's something special or unusual about the family that won or something.

But for the next several weeks...expect Disney's publicity machine to be milking all they can out of it with extra attention and coverage of the winners.

Better Luck Next Time!

• DL Nerd

Look on the Bright side!! !

You were Still at the DLR!!!
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    Look on the Bright side!! !

You were Still at the DLR!!!
    Amen! I am sitting here in Seattle, and Dream Suite or not, I am not at DL today!!!

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

You should be happy not to win until after March 7th, that way you can take advantage of the balcony to get the best view of F!
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Almost MissMonkey! That's like being seated next to someone that yells bingo. Us Micechatters will get em' next time!

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I've never been quite sure how to feel about the dream suite, but I guess it's not relevant anyway. Since wifey works for the mouse, I won't be staying there, anyway.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    I've never been quite sure how to feel about the dream suite, but I guess it's not relevant anyway. Since wifey works for the mouse, I won't be staying there, anyway.
    Well, unless invited by a non-CM, anyway. At least in WDW, a CM can stay in the castle (but cannot win, nor can their family). It was a very nice experience, I'm not sure how the Gallery suite would compare.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• That's a lot of look.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Almost MissMonkey! That's like being seated next to someone that yells bingo. Us Micechatters will get em' next time!
    Aw, jeez! I forgot about that particular brand of heartbreak. Ranks right up there with the heartbreak of psoriasis . . .

All of your kind words are a great comfort. I figured that I probably wouldn't win since I was unwilling to run and/or throw elbows (warning: all bets are off in the "Find Fishbulb on TSI for prizes" at next year's anniversary meet! ). I'm also comforted by the idea that the winners were genuinely surprised by the Dream Mob following their ride on an attraction to which they really looked forward.

Any disappointment at missing the prize was all gone after riding ToT three times in a row. Whee!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

You can in second
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Pfft.

If I win, I'm going to throw it right back in their face and tell them to bring back the gallery.

Okay...so that's a total lie.

Better luck next time!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Sorry that you didn't win. I'll bet the delight on the little girl's face was adorable, though!

Yeah, that "you may be eligible" thing is really a let-down. I saw a small thing about that through the Disneyland Resort podcast, and it just sounded so...sanitized.

It should be, "Does anyone in your family work for Disney? No? Then guess what?! You get to spend the night in the Disney Dream Suite!!! YAYYYY!!!"

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

i thought someone won on the ellen show first but i suppose this means someone won in the actual theme parks first.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post

Yeah, that "you may be eligible" thing is really a let-down. I saw a small thing about that through the Disneyland Resort podcast, and it just sounded so...sanitized.
    My family thought it was a timeshare type thing when approached like that. But there was more to the "eligibility". It wasn't just the CM thing, but also what country a guest comes from as well.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

My daughter and I went to DCA and Disneyland this afternoon and evening. Is it true that the winner of the Dream Suite is also the honorary family at the beginning of the parade? If so, the winner was a woman from Oregon (I believe) and there was more family in the vehicle than just a daughter. There were two little girls and some older people. Also they had a camera person and other tech people following them and filming them along the parade route. So when they say "potential" I guess it does not mean you will necessarily get it.

And another thing I am curious about. The dream suite is in Disneyland and yet they are picking people over in DCA? I would think they would pick from Disneyland, but that's just me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast