Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What do you want to see in Pirates?

With the upcoming Pirates refurb/rumored update, waht's the one change you would most like to see?

Myself, I would love to see the final scene changed. I hate waiting to go up the hill staring at the guy's hind end, listening to bowel movement-type grunting. That has to be my least favorite part of the whole attraction! I love the skelatal (definately misspelled, I know) pirates right beyond the grunting guys, so maybe they could just be moved to another area that you don't linger so long.

• FastPass n00b

Re: What do you want to see in Pirates?

More realistic guns, the pneumatic-sounding peashooters they have in there now just don't do it for me. I wanna have to DUCK when one of those is aimed at the boat...for psychological reasons of course, no need to make them *that* realistic. And how about some cool bullets-hitting-the-water effects where the water squirts up like it's been shot at.

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    More realistic guns, the pneumatic-sounding peashooters they have in there now just don't do it for me. I wanna have to DUCK when one of those is aimed at the boat...for psychological reasons of course, no need to make them *that* realistic. And how about some cool bullets-hitting-the-water effects where the water squirts up like it's been shot at.
    VERY good idea! That and some nudity...

I'm kidding, of course-- about the nudity, not that the gun sounds should be updated. I also think that fiber optics, integrated into "burning Wood" would make some awesome embers and smouldering effects.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

I'm one that doesn't have a problem with "minor" elements from the movie added, so how about putting Sparrow in the jail scene saying "The dog will never come...".

Also, take away some of the "PC" stuff...
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Artsy Fartsy

I'd like to have more "close calls" like the water that splashes all over when the canons fire. But I was thinking along the lines of skeletons or gnarly pirates springing up from the water near the boats. kinda like in the movie. or maybe pirates swashbuckling overhead. you get my point. Thanks for listening

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Theme Park Advocate

Agh! you speek blasphemy!

JK
    Give me the alternate night POTC and I be happy, oh and that gun thing too.
    Oh and one more thing hide the duct work in the colapsing building scene
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• Minion

The teetering Pirate Captain with guns wildly firing was once the focal point of the final room, as designed by Marc Davis -- now there is no specific eye-direction inthat scene - -this needs to come back closer to the original layout.

• Hooterville, USA

How about putting the other ship back in the scene where the brick wall is now. It would match the dialogue they never changed when they removed the ship.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Social Imagineer

Yep, teetering Pirate must return. As should lusty pirate's original speech. Hmm, those are restorations, not changes. But constipated, square butt pirate must go, and beyond-lame p.c. anti-misogenist food speech that comes right after the bloody wench auction must also go!

One actual change I'd like to see to the final scene is a recreation of the Wonderful World of Disney powder-keg explosion from all that gunfire that would jettison boats up the hill at high speed and better explain how you escaped from the curse, while providing a thrilling finale.

• Former CM

More realistic gunfire would be good. Maybe make the bars closer together in the jail area or put some bars inbetween the cells since if the pirates were smart enough they would just walk out the open door. Also would want to have the chasing the food back to chasing women. Pirates are not PC.

• Minion

everything innerspaceman just posted is right-on

(Story I heard: when imagineers showed Marc Davis the changes in Pirates he said "I don't see why they couldn't have left it the way we designed it" or something to that effect. Marc is right).

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    Yep, teetering Pirate must return. As should lusty pirate's original speech. Hmm, those are restorations, not changes. But constipated, square butt pirate must go, and beyond-lame p.c. anti-misogenist food speech that comes right after the bloody wench auction must also go!

One actual change I'd like to see to the final scene is a recreation of the Wonderful World of Disney powder-keg explosion from all that gunfire that would jettison boats up the hill at high speed and better explain how you escaped from the curse, while providing a thrilling finale.
    LOL, I remember that scene. I'm sure there were some really small children that were disappointed when they found out that powder-keg explosion is not actually in the ride. Kids assume what they see on TV is real, it's the reason for a lot of those seemingly silly (to us anyway) disclaimers on commercials that explain how action figures can't talk or something like that.

So, it offical, will there be a update of Pirates coming, because I hope that it isn't closed for that new update next summer when I'm down there. Because everytime I've been to DL Pirates is always closed!

• Ooh boy!

I hope they get rid of the squeak some of the animatronics make.

I think I'm in the minority here - but I think that it would be fun to add Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, and Captain Barbosa animatronics. I don't care where, just put them in there. Nothing extreme or anything, just have them be part of the action. Although I think that the captain on the Sea Witch and the auctioneer should be Captain Barbosa.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast