Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Possible Motor Boat Cruise Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    What the motorboats are replaced with probably depends on whether or not they're going to fill it in. If it gets filled in, I'm betting we'll get Mickey's Philharmagic; if not, I suspect it'll be a boat-dark ride, something new around a C-level. My sense is that they're more likely to leave the water. So Ariel is a possibility. Philharmagic would also work well across the Esplanade at HPB.

I don't think there's enough room there (at the motor boat area) for any sort of E-level attraction; I'm also not sure that DL is going to get any E-tickets within the next five years, since DCA has such a glaring need for more attractions. In a tight capital development budget, and a long planning, development, and deployment cycle, the squeaky Sun Wheel gets the grease. If they plop an E-ticket into Disneyland, it'll probably be out by the ranch.
    Right on, Woton! A Little Mermaid boat-dark ride would absotely rule. Exciting drops and a dry to wet environment could easily be incorporated into it.

PhilharMagic would fit in nicely at HPB as well. It wouldn't bother me if it replaced Muppet's 3-D.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    I won't be happy with anything less than Villian Mountain.
    you sure... Cause Villan mountain would look sooooooo good in WDW... You have the matterhorn and a mountain soo close would just ruin the area...

(Wasn't it a WDW idea.. developed as a repalcement long ago for 20k lagoon.. LOL... they can do it now.. I would not care.. I would love it!!!)

Something else thats original... not from WDW.. or originally developed for WDW...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    2) Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock

3) Peaceful Bambi boatride for grandma & tots
    I like both of these.

Also wouldn't mind seeing a Rescuers attraction with Motor Boats shaped like giant leaves
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Villain Mountain! There's PLENTY of space for it there & really, who cares if they build it in other Parks?? - If the ride is done right then it would be a great addition to all MK Parks

• My Children's Father

I would pick a Beauty and the Beast dark ride. Belle is my daughter's favorite princess (this week), and I think it best fits the European themeing of the land. The building could be made to resemble the Beast's mansion, with a lot of vegetation around it obscuring the building to express its dilapidation over the years .......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    I would pick a Beauty and the Beast dark ride. Belle is my daughter's favorite princess (this week), and I think it best fits the European themeing of the land. The building could be made to resemble the Beast's mansion, with a lot of vegetation around it obscuring the building to express its dilapidation over the years .......
    I agree that Beauty and the Beast would fit the theme of the land extremely well, arguably better than any other of the possible fairytale choices. (I think Cinderella might also be a decent fit, but I'm a Beauty and the Beast fanatic, and it's about damn time we got a ride.) Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to see a Little Mermaid ride, because I think it has fantastic potential as an attraction. But that story has a definite seaside/beachy feel to it, which would be a much better fit for the seaside/beachy Paradise Pier than the European village feel of Fantasyland.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Giant Panda and arinpegadrat, Beauty and the Beast would lend itself to a mysteriously beautiful and magically exciting dark ride. How great it would be if the ride incorporated trackless technology, like TDL's Pooh. It might end with an elaborate finale set to the tune of "Be Our Guest", in much the same fashion as Splash Mountain's Zippety Do Dah.

Sleepujeff's suggestion of a Rescuer' dark ride, with motor boats in the shape of greenn leaves sounds quite lovely too.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-02-2005 at 08:47 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Matt Ouimet has opted to place the new play area for kiids inside Toon town instead of the former Motor Boat Cruise area. According to Al, Matt wants to build something more significant there. What type of Fantasyland attraction would you like to see installed here?

If you wish, check out the growing list of possibilities below -

• Mickey's PhilharMagic and/or Magic Lamp Theater
    • Villains based ride
    • Sinbad's Seven Voyages animatronic dark ride
    • Journey Into Imagination with Figment
    • Little Mermaid dry to wet dark ride (boat vehicles or hanging shell vehicles)
    • Rescuers dark ride,,,with green leafe shaped motor boats
    • Nemo dry to wet dark ride
    • Trackless dark ride (in the vein of TDS's Pooh) - perhaps Beauty and the Beast
    • Journey To the Center of the Earth
    • Voyage of the Little Mermaid show
    • Dinosaur
    • Mary Poppins dark ride
    • An original show
    • A flat ride or flat ride area (Caravan Carousel, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Dinorama, Mermaid Lagoon, an original flat ride or flat ride area.
    • Other

No question about it...I would LOVE to see a Little Mermaid attraction! It would fit so nicely next to the new (soon to be) Subs. It's about time Disney does something with superior Disney films and not base all their current/new attractions around Pixar films!

Let's make the Little Mermaid attraction a reality...and soon!

put the nemo ride there and put the subs back in their place
    Jen

• insufferable know-it-all

Rescuers boat ride would ROCK, I used to LOVE that movie!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

I think that it should go to some boat ride. It is an area already built with water. I think it would be interesting to do a Mary Poppins ride. You could do little hills that would be fun for the little kiddies but not scare them, and have them go through the park scene and carrousel horse race.

• LLC Master Builder

Wotan is correct, there is not as much space there as one would think. The tracks for Autopia, the Monorail, and the old Peoplemover all go through the old Motorboat Cruise area. Therefore to really build anything major would require the rerouting of those two active attractions (and if the Peoplemover was to return it's track would have to be moved as well).

For detailed aerial pictures that will show exactly how much space is there, check out http://zansstuff.com/aerialdl.html.

Now that you all know how much space is there, keep on thinking those wonderful ideas!
    "Why yes, I am a rocket scientist!" - Me, with a B.S. in Astrophysics.

Professionally building with LEGO bricks since 2007. Visit Legoland California to see some of my work!

Tomorrowland Attractions CM: 6/24/05-8/24/06
    Survived Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, and the Mark V Monorail.

DCL_Becky's Prince Charming

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by DL Steve
    Wotan is correct, there is not as much space there as one would think. The tracks for Autopia, the Monorail, and the old Peoplemover all go through the old Motorboat Cruise area. Therefore to really build anything major would require the rerouting of those two active attractions (and if the Peoplemover was to return it's track would have to be moved as well).

For detailed aerial pictures that will show exactly how much space is there, check out http://zansstuff.com/aerialdl.html.

Now that you all know how much space is there, keep on thinking those wonderful ideas!
    , but in the biggest picture, you can see that the part of Space Mountain that's visible from the park is painted bronze, while the rest of the building is still white. So they didn't even bother to repaint the entire attraction when they changed the color scheme? I didn't think it was possible to lose any more respect for Pressler...

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    , but in the biggest picture, you can see that the part of Space Mountain that's visible from the park is painted bronze, while the rest of the building is still white. So they didn't even bother to repaint the entire attraction when they changed the color scheme? I didn't think it was possible to lose any more respect for Pressler...
    I think the last satelite photo just happened when they were laying down the new roofing.. (which is the white you see..)

so.. no raning needed at the moment... (some of that would be visable in the lattest photos if that were true..)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast