View Poll Results: Where should they put a Little Mermaid dark ride?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • In the old Motor Boat Canal

31 46.97%
  • In the lake at Paradise Pier

18 27.27%
  • It should have gone in the sub lagoon, but now that Nemo's moving in, it wouldn't work.

8 12.12%
  • Fuhgeddaboutit, it's an attraction we don't need

9 13.64%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Where to put a Little Mermaid ride?

Put every new ride in TL. It needs all the help it can get.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I want it in Paradise pier but not in the lagoon. They have a ton of room behind screamin where they could build it.

• Minion

Put it in the Motor Boat Lagoon, since the story would fit well in Fantasyland

Ariel is not Californian, and she is not contemporary. She needs to vacate the pier, and so does her father.

D.C.A. is quickly becoming an even bigger mess than the park was when it first opened.

If there is to be any Attraction that uses "The Little Mermaid", said Attraction belongs in Fantasyland.

• insufferable know-it-all

Technically... I believe Eric's kingdom was a coastal European one, right?

How about this idea (I think you'll like it):

In the old MBC area, you create a new section of Fantasyland. This section incorporates a hidden showbuilding (sorta like the sub caverns or Pirates). In the showbuilding, you have the Little Mermaid attraction. Out in front of the showbuilding, however, you have a Peter Pan style lagoon with - the Pirate Ship! That particular section of the park is sorely lacking in food options, so bring back Chicken of the Sea.

Between Subs and the new section, there's the opportunity to retheme that whole corner of the park all aquatic. Yeah, the Autopia passes through it, but since they enter so far away, it wouldn't matter as much.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Again! Again! Again!

We don't need another dark ride right now. I think they need to focus on fixing DCA's theming, finishing the subs, getting POTC done, redoing the ToT drop sequence, and making sure the DCA rides are up to par before they focus on something new right now. Sorry to sound this awful, but something needs to be done. A new ride won't take away everyone's focus. Just jade it a bit.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Wait, ToT is brand new, why do they need to redo the drop sequence?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Master of Disaster

ok guys why not do the little mermaid ride in the top section of the buzz lightyear show building? I dont know if buzz has caused a need for high cieling or what not but it wouldnt take much work OR themeing to turn the area around the ariel meet n greet place to the line for the ride. just a thought.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Technically... I believe Eric's kingdom was a coastal European one, right?

How about this idea (I think you'll like it):

In the old MBC area, you create a new section of Fantasyland. This section incorporates a hidden showbuilding (sorta like the sub caverns or Pirates). In the showbuilding, you have the Little Mermaid attraction. Out in front of the showbuilding, however, you have a Peter Pan style lagoon with - the Pirate Ship! That particular section of the park is sorely lacking in food options, so bring back Chicken of the Sea.

Between Subs and the new section, there's the opportunity to retheme that whole corner of the park all aquatic. Yeah, the Autopia passes through it, but since they enter so far away, it wouldn't matter as much.
    An interesting proposal. With the subs, a Little Mermaid ride, a lagoon, and the pirate ship, there might even be enough stuff to divide an aquatic area like that into its own land. (Well, if you could stick a shop or two in there, and maybe another restaurant in addition to Chicken of the Sea.)

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

zugzug: NOW we're talkin! It would take some major construction, of course, but build up the buzz building to support Little Mermaid above it, allow the new Peoplemover to run through it (behind glass, so as not to disrupt the look of Mermaid - possibly even make Mermaid appear as a fishtank to the peoplemover?), and have the ride enter on the Matterhorn side, not far from the meet n greet!

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Wait, ToT is brand new, why do they need to redo the drop sequence?
    Goony, c'mon, I know you know this!! It's been the talk for a while now. Next year they are reconfiguring the drop sequence for ToT. It's supposed to be different every time now...in theory. This is not new news.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• The one, the only...

Put it in Fantasyland. It is perfect there. The whole concept of DCA needs to be reconsidered before any more attractions should be added. Little Mermaid does not fit the California theme. It does not fit the Pixar theme either. Whatever theme they come up with for DCA will determine what kind of attractions it should have.

It is stupid just throwing attractions at DCA thinking that a ride is going to make the park a hit. What you will end up with is a hodgepodge of attractions really with no central theme. That was the kind of amusement park that existed before Walt Disney built Disneyland.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Put it in Fantasyland. It is perfect there. The whole concept of DCA needs to be reconsidered before any more attractions should be added. Little Mermaid does not fit the California theme. It does not fit the Pixar theme either. Whatever theme they come up with for DCA will determine what kind of attractions it should have.

It is stupid just throwing attractions at DCA thinking that a ride is going to make the park a hit. What you will end up with is a hodgepodge of attractions really with no central theme. That was the kind of amusement park that existed before Walt Disney built Disneyland.
    Good points, JCF! I was thinking that even as I was posting in favor of the DCA - PP option. Can I get my vote back?

But I'll only consent (as if my opinion mattered ) to giving up the MBC area to LM if we can convert the old Fantasyland Skway station into a Beauty and the Beast dark ride ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Little Mermaid does not fit the California theme. It does not fit the Pixar theme either.
    DCA needs to get away from the CA and all the pixar rides. I think this could be the start of the changes to DCA.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

seems like the motor boat area is the obvious place to put it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast