View Poll Results: Where should they put a Little Mermaid dark ride?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • In the old Motor Boat Canal

31 46.97%
  • In the lake at Paradise Pier

18 27.27%
  • It should have gone in the sub lagoon, but now that Nemo's moving in, it wouldn't work.

8 12.12%
  • Fuhgeddaboutit, it's an attraction we don't need

9 13.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

Where to put a Little Mermaid ride?

Things are looking good for a new Little Mermaid dry-for-wet dark ride. From what I've heard, you would ride in conch shells not unlike Doom Buggies, except they would be hanging from the ceiling not unlike Peter Pan. The question now is, where oh where to put it? The obvious candidates are the old Motor Boat Cruise canal and Paradise Pier. Which do you think it should be, and why?

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Re: Where to put a Little Mermaid ride?

Motorboat Canal.

Maybe extend the Sub Lagoon water a little bit so the ride look like it shares the same "ocean," and have the illusion of going underwater and then to the show building in the current motorboat area.

The Motorboat Canal seems to be the place for it, besides I'd love to see a spectacular on PP's lagoon instead of a ride.

• Official Mice Chat person

I'd have to say it would be best in the motor boat cruise area. It would make lines shorter for all the other dark rides in fantasyland.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

I miss the motorboats. But Little Mermaid would fit in that area very nicely and it's better than a few ODV carts and tables with chairs.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I would be a harmoneous co-attraction with the nearby Nemo Subs. Paradise Pier would be a great second choice.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Being close to the Nemo Subs, a Little Mermaid dry for wet dark ride would make for harmoneous synergy. Paradise Pier would be a great second choice.

• Minion

If I wasn't so busy .. I'd draw up a detailed art-piece of a tiered coral reef structure that would serve as a roof covering a showbuilding that would fit in between the Peoplemover and Monorail beams... throughout the entire stretch of the former "Cruise" location .. right up to the wall seperating Sub. Voyage from M.B.C.

King Triton would serve as the iconic piece on this shortened "cake" tiered coral reef (not too tall, and take away from the Matterhorn's force-perspective). The entrance would go between the widest stretch between two sections of the Monorail track. Best point .. to the right of Fantasia Gardens. (The right pond). The exit of this ride could be to the exactly where the former queue for the Fantasyland Autopia area.

In my vision .... this coral reef with bubbling and cascading water falls of chlorinated water would spill into sections below - hence, the "tierd" idea. Over on the side of a newly refurbished Submarine Voyage ..... these chlorinated waters dripping over tierd sections .. would spill into the Submarine Voyage.

Hey ... the most beautifully designed attractions in DL are those that "play" with each other ....... so from standing at the Monorail queue along the lagoon ... you'd see the tierd Little Mermaid dark ride .... cascading waters to the left ... and over to the right ... the water falls where the subs enter their showbuilding.

It would be a visual .. and harmonious work of art ... as there would be the perfect "transitioning" attraction that serves it's purpose very well sitting on the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland borderline.

Little Mermaid very much belongs within the domain of Fantasyland ... even compliments "it's a small world" .. as both attractions are/would-be very "musically" driven .... as I'm sure a Little Mermaid attraction is going to be looping many of it's memorable Ashman/Menken score throughout. Then .... you have this "water" theme as the tie to this "watery" section of Tomorrowland .......... AND ... the coral reef structure would retain some resemblance to the "white rocky" look of the near-by Matterhorn.

So when I look at the logistics, practicality, theming issues .. transitioning with other land's issues .. and more issues .. upon more issues that need to be worked with ....

over .. and over .. and over .. again .. and again .....

Little Mermaid BELONGS in this this bordering "Fantasyland/Tomorrowland" area.

----------

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I say motor boat cruise area! I wanna see paradise pear used for a new amazing nightime extravangasa!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• CM for 4 years!

MBC area!! Sorry, MBC2005, a new updated attraction is always better than an old one resurrected from the dead. Who wants a zombie ride?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

I have heard that there is a empty show building already built in DCA behind the shops in the paradise pier area that the Little Mermaid ride is to go into. Sort of next to the carousel.

not IN the like you'd put it behind Screamin

most will probably remember this thread of mine (as well as my long standing tradition of linking to them)
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773

• Basking in birthday love

Though this might not be reflected in what eventually becomes the attraction, I've always felt that Little Mermaid as a film has a very seaside feel that would be out of place in the landlocked European village style of Fantasyland, but would be a perfect fit for Paradise Pier. With Ariel's Grotto and King Triton's Carousel already in place, it seems like Little Mermaid ride would be perfectly suited for that area. It should be noted as well that such a ride would likely take up a relatively small portion of the lagoon, leaving sufficient room for a nighttime show if that becomes a logistical possibility (as the area currently stands, there's absolutely nowhere for guests to watch a Fantasmic!-like show from).

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Motorboat Cruise for sure. Escapé has the perfect idea, in my opinion.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Though this might not be reflected in what eventually becomes the attraction, I've always felt that Little Mermaid as a film has a very seaside feel that would be out of place in the landlocked European village style of Fantasyland, but would be a perfect fit for Paradise Pier. With Ariel's Grotto and King Triton's Carousel already in place, it seems like Little Mermaid ride would be perfectly suited for that area. It should be noted as well that such a ride would likely take up a relatively small portion of the lagoon, leaving sufficient room for a nighttime show if that becomes a logistical possibility (as the area currently stands, there's absolutely nowhere for guests to watch a Fantasmic!-like show from).

Agreed. I would rather see a Beauty and the Beast dark ride at the MBC area. And DCA needs good rides more than DL does.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast