• ...or just Tonny

50th video + small Tiki Room question

All,

After my first visit to the DLR over the anniversary weekend, I can't help put ponder these two questions:

1) Does anyone know if there is a good quality video of the ceremony on July 17th available on the internet? I was hoping to tape it myself, but I found out that my 6 hours of tapes were already full, spare 2 or 3 minutes! :S

2) About the Tiki Room: I really fell in love with that show. It's such a feelgood experience, and is great when experienced with some pineapple juice. Above all, hardly any wait when other rides are an hour or more...I'll take it! Can anyone on here enlighten me...is this the same show givven in '63 or has it changed a lot?

Thanks guys!
    Tonny
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

Re: 50th video + small Tiki Room question

#2 Answer: The Tiki Room was shortened in the mid-90's, removing the Offenbach number to reduce the amount of people walking out. It is now a 12 minute show instead of the former 15 minute long running time. Besides that, it pretty much is the same show...

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

^^^^^That change was really called for though.^^^^^^^

The piece cut was a lengthy number where the birds just chirped like they do through the rest of the show.

The segment was originally included to showcase the amazing technology behind the Tiki Birds, but as animatronics became more commonplace in Disneyland, the novelty wore off.

The overall story of the show is not affected by the cut. There were no spoken or sung words during this part.

There still is a reference to the segment in the finale though; when the chorus is listing off the different parts of the show, they mention, "The birdies did their thing" followed but a short little segment of birds chirping to the music.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    1) Does anyone know if there is a good quality video of the ceremony on July 17th available on the internet? I was hoping to tape it myself, but I found out that my 6 hours of tapes were already full, spare 2 or 3 minutes! :S
    I'd like to know that as well! I wasn't able to see the whole thing while I was there! Tried, but failed!

http://www.mouseinfo.com/showupdate....0050717&page=1

As you go through the pages, there are links to video segments. The entire ceremony is there, but divided into 4 smaller parts. Very good video, however!