Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Here to change the world

Walt Castle Photo

I've seen this photograph many times in print, and then recently on the press photo tours here on miceage:

I absolutely love this picture. In fact, I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could purchase a large print of it. I would really like to have it framed and hanging in my room. It reminds me of what can be accomplished when you follow your dreams.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Re: Walt Castle Photo

I believe you can buy posters of it in the Disneyana shop. Can someone verify this for me?

• For old time sake

I would love to have a smaller (11x14 or so) version of it. I'm not one for large prints but would like to have that for my living room
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

I have also been searching for that print since I first came across it in an Imagineering book. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate it for sale. I once asked a very helpful cast member working in the Disney Gallery and she informed me that while it was a very popular portrait, it was not available in a poster sized reproduction.

• Basking in birthday love

I've got a poster printer, I just want a high-res version of it that can be blown up to the right size without pixellation.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Shubisha

What's the right size you're looking for? Maybe someone can get it if they know how big you want it.

And it is an old photograph afterall...Any time you see a large version of it, they had to do some enlargement techniques of their own. There are ways.

• Having a Grand Day!

http://www.disneylandnews.com/images...ney_Castle.jpg

Download that and take it to FexEx Kinkos or the like. Thats the biggest digitized edition... Straight from the horses (TDA) mouth.

• Shubisha

Does FedEx really do poster printouts?:P or is that not a typo and someone really named their place FexEx

(And yeah....that's a nice big one good find)

P.S. I still am amazed at the forced perspective. I know that there's not much in between them back then and that there was a sort of different setup to get to the platform but the train station looks unbelievably close to the castle. Now that i zoomed in on that I say that even moreso. Who wants to start a conspiracy about this photo like the moon landing?

Last edited by almandot; 08-03-2005 at 03:16 AM.

• Here to change the world

Awesome! Thanks so much for the link. I'm definitely going to have this printed out!

• Wonderful World

wait a minute wait a minuteis he walking in front of the castle or the back??????I have always been thinking that was the front.Anyone wanna help me out
    I'm back MiceChat

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

he is walking into fantasyland.

• I was deleted.

I have one of Julie Andrews walking through the castle like Walt here. They did it for publicity photos for the start/announcement of the 50th celebration and were taken May of 2004 (before the castle has its makeover and added bling bling). So it is closeup (or the version I have is cropped) and has the 50th signage on the castle. You also can't see the background of Disneyland as they had a tarp hanging down, which you can see more in the second photo. And those three make an interesting bunch, don't they? Well, that's just my opinion.

• Head Salesman

I have that Walt photo framed and sitting on my desk. Nice!
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

Charles Boyer did a painting of the photo several years ago. A good friend gave me a litho of the painting for my birthday way back when and it hangs in my bedroom to this day.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Who's your DaddyB?

Has anyone mentioned that this is the same photograph that Michael Eisner presented to Diane Disney Miller all matted and framed on July 17th? He presented Gov. Arnold with a gold motorcycle just for showing up and giving a crappy little political speech about how much Disneyland has done for California's economy, and a framed picture that we can replicate at Michaels for a hundred bucks to the daughter of the man who created the very place they were standing in.

"oh, and by the way, I still enjoy having fired your husband, so here's this crappy printout I had my secretary make off her inkjet printer."
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast