• pixie cutie

Was your wedding at Disneyland?

Did you have your wedding at Disneyland? Did you enjoy the experience?
    Small and large weddings, please respond. Thanx.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Was your wedding at Disneyland?

We thought long and hard about but in the end decided against it. It would've been fun I'm sure but in our case the logistics of it were too much. Our wedding wasn't a "large" one but we had many out of town guests and trying to coordinate hotels, car rentals, etc... around the Disneyland area just seemed like too much of a hassle. Instead we opted for a Disney themed reception. We had Mickey and Minnie invitations/thank you cards, a Mickey and Minnie cake top, Mickey and Minnie engraved champagne flutes (purchased and engraved at Disneyland!), and our tables had seating cards that had a Disney character on it instead of a number (who wants to sit at table #9 of nine tables??).

Anyway, I have seen people get married at Disneyland before and it looked like it was a beautiful way to get married. We wanted to keep our wedding a little more private than that though and chose the Wayfarers Chapel and the Portofino Hotel for our locations (both locations extrememly beautiful). Good luck with your plans and your wedding!
    Last edited by Magic Mirror; 08-03-2005 at 07:59 AM.

• Banned User

I didn't get married there, but I had my honneymoon there.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

My daughter is getting married at the DLH hotel rose garden in Sept we are excited I am sure the wedding will be great.. waiting to hear how she likes the food being served she has a taste test of friday at Disney to approve the food.

• Wantabe DLRR Engineer

Sounds romantic, a small wedding in a secluded place in DL would be my preference. I could see how getting family & friends to SoCal from NeverNeverland might be tough.

• Former CM

My wife and I meet while working at DL. We even got married at the Pacific once Disney owned it. We were the first ones to get to use a new gazebo up on the third floor for our wedding. We were even luckier that since we had a morning wedding and no one had an afternoon wedding that we were allowed to use the banquet room for as long as we wanted. Beside a couple little problems (non Disney related) everything went off great. We then went on our honeymoon to WDW.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

We looked into it as well- went as far as reserving the date and had the 2000 check ready for a deposit, but decided against it. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as a "small" disneyland wedding. The absolute cheapest way to do it is to have the wedding/reception at the Paradise Pier hotel on a weekday afternoon. You have to spend a minimum amount per person at the reception. We calculated, and there is no way to do it for less than about $12,000. Now if money is no object, then go for it. It is absolutely beautiful and they go out of their way to accomodate you and do whatever you want. The gardens for the ceremony are so beautiful and the food is amazing. I even had the most beautiful wedding cake picked out made from cupcakes, each with a huge beautiful frosting rose on top. Heck, for somewhere over 125 grand, you can get married in front of the castle at night, have cocktails in Fantasyland and a recpetion inside it's a small world!

Anyways, it would definitely be a wedding to remember. There are groups on yahoo that were very helpful to me, one is called Disneyland brides. I suggest joining one of those groups and poking around- its full of people planning Disneyland weddings and is probably a better place to decide if a Disneyland wedding is right for you.

If you can travel, look into WDW's fairytale weddings. Their program is much larger and much more well established. They have more options and I imagine some cheaper options as well.

• Basking in birthday love

There's a lovely staircase and courtyard in the back corner of New Orleans Square where hardly anyone goes. I've always thought it would be nice to have a very small, very private ceremony there (and very quick, so no one comes to break it up), and then splurge on a big giant reception at one of the hotels.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Our wedding was at the rose garden gazebo 24 years ago yesterday. It was great! We watched the gazebo being built and about 2 weeks before the weeding it seemed like they stoped working on it. But it was finished on time, 2 days before our wedding. We had about 150 people there and a lot of Disney suits. They wanted to see the first wedding in their new gazebo.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    There's a lovely staircase and courtyard in the back corner of New Orleans Square where hardly anyone goes. I've always thought it would be nice to have a very small, very private ceremony there (and very quick, so no one comes to break it up), and then splurge on a big giant reception at one of the hotels.
    except you can't have just a recepetion at the hotels, they don't allow it. You have to have both the wedding and the reception on property, you can't do one or the other.

Just elope like I did and have a fabulous honeymoon there. They have great romance packages at GCH.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

I've seen from far a wedding held right in front of the castle( well off to the side) and I've also seen the cinderella carriage. It is sooo beautiful. I've never been to a wedding there, so, if anyone would like to invite me, I'd love to go.