Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The Disneyland Food Ban

As far as snacks go, where would they draw the line? If baby food is OK, where do you stop? 2? 3? Fruit snacks would be OK as long as they are Gerber's brand? Could you bring in Nemo fruit snacks, but no Sponge Bob? I don't think a total black-out would ever work.

I do not bring in foods, but I do like to lug in my own beverages. I'm sorry, but Coca-cola tastes like battery acid. If they would sell Dr. Pepper, (or even Coke's rip-off Mr. Pibb) I might change my policy. Nahhh...I'd rather pay $1.50 for a liter of Dasani than $2.75 for 20 oz.

• That Guy

To help in this Food Ban, I will not eat anything organic at DLR.

That's Right!

No veggies, no fruit, nada.

Just churros, popcorn, and anything fried or otherwise unhealthy.

Fight the power.

Si Se Puede!!!!

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney
    As far as snacks go, where would they draw the line? If baby food is OK, where do you stop? 2? 3? Fruit snacks would be OK as long as they are Gerber's brand? Could you bring in Nemo fruit snacks, but no Sponge Bob? I don't think a total black-out would ever work.

I do not bring in foods, but I do like to lug in my own beverages. I'm sorry, but Coca-cola tastes like battery acid. If they would sell Dr. Pepper, (or even Coke's rip-off Mr. Pibb) I might change my policy. Nahhh...I'd rather pay $1.50 for a liter of Dasani than $2.75 for 20 oz.
    I don't think a total blackout would work, either, and I don't think it's in their best interests. I think it's more volume than type; you can bring in a couple of jars of baby food, a handful of fruit snacks, or even a sandwich, but a case of fruit snacks or a party sub is downright excessive. Where exactly to draw that line is something they'd have to work on, but I'd say it would probably be a matter of training your bag check CMs, then leaving it to their discretion.

And I LUST for Dr Pepper in the parks. One of the reasons I eat at Pizza Port so often is that they sell Cherry Coke, which is nearly as good. Failing either of those, the only type of soda I can get is either Sprite or root beer, and I'm usually pretty desperate for caffeine around mealtimes.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Former CM

There is no way you can just ban people from bringing food into the parks. I for one have to bring in food for my kid due to allergies (dariy and wheat). You'll be surprised how few foods he can auctually eat at DL. Bringing in a Dr.'s note is not a viable option, but not allowing people to bring in there big coolers and 4 course meals is since they are easy to stop and send over to the lockers to put them away.

FYI: Glass bottles have been banned for quite some time even before Pressler was there. Reasoning is that they are dangerous since they can break and can alsoi be used as weapons.

• Minion

As long as your food doesn't compete with a sponsor, usually you're ok.

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    And I LUST for Dr Pepper in the parks.
    Time to let you in on a little "EOM" secret that I taught some of the Micechatters.

Head over to Whitewater Snacks, which is in GCH. To reach it, head through the GCH DCA entrance by Grizzly, and make a left at the end of the path. It is at the far end of that path, just before the Pool Bar.

Whitewater Snacks has a great assortment of foods and snacks for the whole family. It is never crowded, has a friendly staff, gives free refills, and best of all: Dr. Pepper.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by erick13
    There is no way you can just ban people from bringing food into the parks. I for one have to bring in food for my kid due to allergies (dariy and wheat). You'll be surprised how few foods he can auctually eat at DL. Bringing in a Dr.'s note is not a viable option, but not allowing people to bring in there big coolers and 4 course meals is since they are easy to stop and send over to the lockers to put them away.

FYI: Glass bottles have been banned for quite some time even before Pressler was there. Reasoning is that they are dangerous since they can break and can alsoi be used as weapons.
    I totally understand not being able to eat food in the park, and having to bring your own options. But if you're bringing your own meals, for whatever reason, you should have to eat in the picnic area. I don't think it would be that big a deal, especially if such tightening of the no food restriction (which is currently more of a request to eat outside than a rule) was accompanied by an expansion and improvement of the picnic area.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara
    Time to let you in on a little "EOM" secret that I taught some of the Micechatters.

Head over to Whitewater Snacks, which is in GCH. To reach it, head through the GCH DCA entrance by Grizzly, and make a left at the end of the path. It is at the far end of that path, just before the Pool Bar.

Whitewater Snacks has a great assortment of foods and snacks for the whole family. It is never crowded, has a friendly staff, gives free refills, and best of all: Dr. Pepper.
    There's Dr Pepper in the parks! I don't think I've ever been so happy... I'll have to check it out next time we're there.

• insufferable know-it-all

I think Disney could justify an "enhancement" of the picnic area to themselves by putting ODV there. I mean, sure, they have the overpriced machines, but nobody's going to pay $2.50 for a soda that isn't served to them by a real person. Silly, but psychological. I think that selling one or two things that people can't or wouldn't have cold would work really well for Disney. Sell things like: bottled sodas, ice cream, and picnic items (macaroni/potato salads, sandwiches, and possibly turkey legs). Even when people bring their meals, there's a chance of a sale there with the ice cream.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I think Disney could justify an "enhancement" of the picnic area to themselves by putting ODV there. I mean, sure, they have the overpriced machines, but nobody's going to pay $2.50 for a soda that isn't served to them by a real person. Silly, but psychological. I think that selling one or two things that people can't or wouldn't have cold would work really well for Disney. Sell things like: bottled sodas, ice cream, and picnic items (macaroni/potato salads, sandwiches, and possibly turkey legs). Even when people bring their meals, there's a chance of a sale there with the ice cream.
    I think ODV would be a fabulous idea, as long as it was accompanied by an expansion. (Just sticking a cart out there would be pretty tacky.)

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I just think to eat inside disneyland twice is just too much money. I usually eat once inside the park and bring some bottles of water and a sanwhich for the rest of the day.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Here's another possibility though, to take this in a different direction: What if they created an in-park picnic area, say, somewhere just off Small World mall (maybe where the Light Magic risers are on the east side now?) Turn it into a very pleasant "picnic" area with a service counter selling sodas and box lunches (Snow White's family picnic basket?) at one end? Sure, they're bringing their own food, but they also have the opportunity to purchase more, or cold drinks, etc.
    That location my infringe on the E-ticket LM or BATB ride ..... depending on how much space it takes up.

If they wanted to have a picnic facility in the park, I think something in the Festival of Fools arena or Big Thunder Ranch would work ..... at least until they build Villain Mountain or Discovery Bay over there ....... or maybe the second floor of the Starcade (an all-weather facility).
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• insufferable know-it-all

Yes, but that's not an obvious enough spot to catch their attention, KWIM? It's like the smoking areas. They tuck them away (which I approve of because I don't wanna smell it!), but because of that smokers assume there are none and certainly don't go looking for them, so they just smoke anywhere.

And yes, it would take out attraction space. What can I say?

FoF area should be an E-ticket anyway. Either that, or bring back turkey legs the proper way (bbq sauce, not dried and shrivelled, served with corn muffins!)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Banning outside food and beverages *is* possible. They did it for more years than they haven't. DL wouldn't permit as much as a can of soda through the main gates, not that many years ago. The policy of not allowing outside food and beverages still exits. It's written right in the Disneyland Today. The problem is the lack of enforcement of the policy.

With the exception of baby foods and certain foods, not available inside the parks, for medical conditions, all outside food and beverges should be kept outside of DL and DCA.

Hopefully as DLR gets back to the good ole days, they will start to enforce this policy on a consistent basis.

dsny1mom

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I don't think it will ever happen, people bring food and beverages in all the time, they dont want people complaining to them about why they can't bring it in.

A little , this is my 400th post. WOW, 600 more to make 1,000, I guess i'm gonna be in for the long run.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast