Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Some observations from Disneyland today

I went to DL today after work and met up with fellow MCer Thrax. A few interesting things happened today that I thought was worth mentioning here.

The first one was a little weird. We were on HM and when we rounded the corner past the portraits toward the loading area the chandeliers above the newly "carpeted" conveyor belt were swaying wildly, I would say at least in 4 feet arcs. My first thought was that there was an earthquake, but the other chandeliers closer to the queue were not moving at all. And if the chandeliers were swinging that much, I would have definitely felt it. Is this a new effect? These chandeliers are too high for the CMs or a guest to grab and swing it. Or perhaps the CMs hit them with a stick. Or maybe this is a new effect of some kind?

The other thing that happened was pretty funny. We were walking outside of the HM and Thrax asked me if there were fireworks that night. I told him, "No. The park closes at 8. There won't be any." The woman in front of us turns around and said, "Sorry to be listening in, but they don't do the fireworks because we are in a residential area. They only do them on weekends and holidays now." We didn't want to be rude so we thanked her and then when she was gone, we just busted up. We were like, "So what do they do when they have them? Tell everyone who lives near here to go away? Or maybe Disney busses all these people to the mall or the beach or somewhere before the fireworks go off."

So it was an interesting night. Maybe Thrax can post some pictures if he has some. I don't have any.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Some observations from Disneyland today

Glad you had a good time. You think he got any shots of the happenings on the HM?

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The other thing that happened was pretty funny. We were walking outside of the HM and Thrax asked me if there were fireworks that night. I told him, "No. The park closes at 8. There won't be any." The woman in front of us turns around and said, "Sorry to be listening in, but they don't do the fireworks because we are in a residential area. They only do them on weekends and holidays now." We didn't want to be rude so we thanked her and then when she was gone, we just busted up. We were like, "So what do they do when they have them? Tell everyone who lives near here to go away? Or maybe Disney busses all these people to the mall or the beach or somewhere before the fireworks go off."
    I swear some guests are funny,

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Moving chandeliers and no earthquake? It musta been the spooks.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Goofy

hahah lol oh that lady.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Glad you had a good time. You think he got any shots of the happenings on the HM?
    You know what? I don't think he did. Oh well... my bad. But rest assured he has hundreds of other pictures just waiting to be posted!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

We were like, "So what do they do when they have them? Tell everyone who lives near here to go away? Or maybe Disney busses all these people to the mall or the beach or somewhere before the fireworks go off."
    I don't know about the HM effects, but here is what I find funny about the residential areas around DL. I hope not to offend anyone living close to DL and I do understand that DL is now in the middle of a major metropolitan city, however, from the construction photos I have seen of DL back in the 50's, DL was in the middle of farm country. Please correct me if I'm wrong but DL back then only had a few people living close to it, more specifically the adjacent farmers. What I find funny is that people move close to DL (some possible moved there specifically to be close to DL) knowing full well that DL is only 10 blocks away and then whine and cry about the traffic and noise. Duh!!!!!! I equate this to the person that buys the house at the end of a runway and complains about the jet noise.

Oh well, funny story, thanks for sharing.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• =)

That's creepy about the chandeliers...I want answers!

• The line's too long...

The park was pretty crowded today too... must have been the nice, sunny weather. There also seemed to be an event going on after hours with people wearing red wristbands able to keep riding the rides after regular guests were shut out a few minutes before 8PM. Whose party was it?

• Goofy

even the doom buggys makes a weird noise too.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    The park was pretty crowded today too... must have been the nice, sunny weather. There also seemed to be an event going on after hours with people wearing red wristbands able to keep riding the rides after regular guests were shut out a few minutes before 8PM. Whose party was it?
    Private party for VONS - I only know because I tried to go to gate 27 thinking it would be a shorter line. It was, but since I didn't have my Vons comp tickets, they sent me back to the line at 26. Pesky comp turnstiles.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Special Agent

IThe other thing that happened was pretty funny. We were walking outside of the HM and Thrax asked me if there were fireworks that night. I told him, "No. The park closes at 8. There won't be any." The woman in front of us turns around and said, "Sorry to be listening in, but they don't do the fireworks because we are in a residential area. They only do them on weekends and holidays now."
    Awhile back that was true. Disneyland was prevented from shooting off the fireworks on school nights due to the noise restriction in the City of Anaheim. That noise restriction also was the reason they had to install the scream shields on Screamin and the Maliboomer.

Of course I have no idea if that restriction is still in affect or not, considering they just shot off the fireworks on Tuesday night.

So what that guest said is not entirely without it's merit

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    As we learned later in the day it was a private party for Vons employees.

• Goofy

vons they are so lucky.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

But those pavillions employees... they went to knott's.

(it's a joke)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast