Disney Dog Kennel

I am planning an impromptu trip to DLR this weekend. I might need to bring my dog with me and put him in the kennel. Has anyone used it? Is it "okay"? Do they fill up---like if I get to the park at 9 will they not beable to take him? He's cute---does that help?

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: Disney Dog Kennel

I always feel bad hearing the pups as the Disneyland Limited rounds that last curve before Main Street Station. Poor pooches.

I've never heard them before. Well, keep an ear out for mine--he will for sure be howling all day-- in fact-- it might be too sad--- Maybe I'll find a dog sitter.

• Drunk On Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy bear View Post
    I've never heard them before. Well, keep an ear out for mine--he will for sure be howling all day-- in fact-- it might be too sad--- Maybe I'll find a dog sitter.
    Are there any dog resorts/boarding places near you?
    Thats what my family does with our dogs when we are on vacation.

• my two sunshines

I've taken my dog there - he is smaller and was in one of small kennels - the only thing about doing this is that I spent hours with my dog cause I felt guilty LOL

You have to come and feed your dog and you have to come and take them out to go to the bathroom. They have a grass area in the back with a red fire hydrant, you need to keep your dog on a leash - there are benches to sit on

I kept my dog there a few times (he has a Pluto certificate for each time there)

They don't hear the fireworks or parade so that was good cause my dog would have panicked - only thing is all the dogs bark the whole time

Oh and the castmembers won't take the dog out or pet them - if something happens it will be tough for you and DL

• DL Nerd

You get a Pluto Certificate?

Man I would frame that for my buddy.

He wouldn't like being there alone without me or my wife... but I would love it .... what does it say?
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Whenever I go through the gate from costuming to the Esplanade, I stop to check on the puppies.

They'll provide food and water, but they ask that you come by a few times throughout the day to take them out and let them run/"use the facilities"/etc. They're pretty big and very clean. They need copies of your vaccination records.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• my two sunshines

I found it last week, I'll pull it out and let you know - I think he has 3 of them - I tried taking him, but he barked for hours and then I spent hours with him cause of the guilt - he was younger and had really bad seperation anxiety -now that he's much older, blind and sleeps all the time, I'll be leaving him at home.

You can request what kind of kennel you want - there are smaller ones and then there are larger ones (obviously for the bigger dogs) behind the small kennels. They have no bedding or anything, so you need to bring your own bedding, toys - I would bring chew toys, his rag doll, blanket, bowl from home - it was funny.

You can also bring your pet on the tram to the park - and my puppy lovingly pooped right on the center star between DL and DCA - it was so embarrassing LOL

• I Can Show You the World

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    my puppy lovingly pooped right on the center star between DL and DCA - it was so embarrassing LOL
    Oh thats just too funny, shame no pics were taken, although I can just picture my dog doing the same thing and it just makes me laugh!

• no flash photography...

If I put my male dog in there the entire park would hear him. he has separation anxiety really bad. the female dog would be fine.

I've only heard good things about the kennels and I would use them if I needed to, but as i stated above they may not want my male dog there.