Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

My Fantasyland Theatre Future Prediction

Hi evrybody,

For those of you who despise of Princess Fantasy Faire, I'm on your side. Because that's my Disney theatre. In fact, I just have prediction of a future Fantasyland Theatre. There's been a rumor that as soon as Fantasy Faire is over, they'll turned the outdoor thetare into a indoor theatre. But it didn't tell what show they'll be doing. Now here's my prediction. I predict that Disneyland will do The Golden Mickeys. A Hong Kong Disneyland version or Disneyland's own version. I think we should have some articulated characters like from Disney World. You know, when the characters move their mouths and blink their eyes. And who knows, if they decided to put their own version, maybe they should put the upcoming animated movie The Princess & the Frog. I bet it will be a great idea and it may fit as Fantasyland show just like from Animazement.

Now I have a previous prediction that they should do One Man's Dream II from Tokyo Disneyland. But after I heard that Dream Along with Mickey at Disney World has the music from OMD2, I think it may never come. And there's been rumor that Toy Story Musical might come to Fantasyland Theatre. But, since I heard the news that it's going to perform at Disney Wonder, I'm beginning ro feel that the Toy Story musical will may not be the next Fantasyland Theatre show.

So remember, I'm not making a rumor this is my prediction and I maybe wrong. So that's my prediction. What do you think?

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Re: My Fantasyland Theatre Future Prediction

Not happening PFF is not going anywhere fast! It is a HUGE CASH COW! If anything does happen with that area it will be something that will take over that area and Hunchback arena. Odds of putting in another theater is pretty low.

Also Golden Mickey's will not be making it over to this side of the world, entertainment is trying to make sure they don't have the same show in more then one location anymore because they have found things like Aladdin and Nemo or actaully drawing people to the theme parks.
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Banned User

Re: My Fantasyland Theatre Future Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    Not happening PFF is not going anywhere fast! It is a HUGE CASH COW! If anything does happen with that area it will be something that will take over that area and Hunchback arena. Odds of putting in another theater is pretty low.

Also Golden Mickey's will not be making it over to this side of the world, entertainment is trying to make sure they don't have the same show in more then one location anymore because they have found things like Aladdin and Nemo or actaully drawing people to the theme parks.
    Fine! Whatever! But, as soon as the Year of a Million Dreams is over, Princess Fantasy Faire will end whether they like it or not. And they better get back to show business. It will end my friend. It will in 2009.
    Last edited by TsWade2; 02-10-2008 at 03:34 PM.

• Banned User

Princess Fantasy Faire has to go

I hate to complain about this since it's a been a while, but I say when the Year of a Million Dreams is over, Princess Fantasy Faire will have to go. Because it's not stageshow and putting at the Fantasyland Theatre is a bad choice. And I can't believe it's popular. Now I'm afraid that it stays forever and will never had a stageshow at Fantasyland Theatre for the next 100 years! We need a stageshow for Fantasyland Theatre. Some person say it's going to stay forever, but he or she is wrong! I am sick and tired of thinking of what perfect show will fit for Fantasyland Theatre and I always pick some wrong choices. It better be over in 2009.

I'm sorry. It's just that I don't know how long I'm going to take this.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Princess Fantasy Faire has to go

Quote Originally Posted by TsWade2 View Post
    I hate to complain about this since it's a been a while, but I say when the Year of a Million Dreams is over, Princess Fantasy Faire will have to go. Because it's not stageshow and putting at the Fantasyland Theatre is a bad choice. And I can't believe it's popular. Now I'm afraid that it stays forever and will never had a stageshow at Fantasyland Theatre for the next 100 years! We need a stageshow for Fantasyland Theatre. Some person say it's going to stay forever, but he or she is wrong! I am sick and tired of thinking of what perfect show will fit for Fantasyland Theatre and I always pick some wrong choices. It better be over in 2009.

The thing is that this is just too big of a money-maker. Disney really cares about that, and I'm sorry to say this, more than anything else. They didn't make money off of the stage shows. They are making money off of this.

If Disney were able to move it, I'm sure they would. Rumor had it a while back that they would move this to a new location and put a "Fairies" dress and show there instead. Personally, I'd rather have the princesses there than having this "Make my kid a princess" invade another piece of property. This was a new marketing scheme that proved so good for Disney. I doubt this Fantasy Faire will leave Disneyland anytime soon, and if it should leave the theater, I doubt the theater, in its current form, will ever come back. It could, but I don't know.

• Minion

I agree, I hate the Princess Fantasy Faire. It is a huge amount of space dedicated only to little girls. Disney needs to stop dedicating parts of the park that were formerly entertaining for all audiences into things targeting only a select few. The Dream Suite is even worse than this, it only allows a few people a night into it. Hey Jay Rasulo, Walt said to the people "Disneyland is your land," not "Disneyland is the land for little girls and one lucky family per night."

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I agree, I hate the Princess Fantasy Faire. It is a huge amount of space dedicated only to little girls. Disney needs to stop dedicating parts of the park that were formerly entertaining for all audiences into things targeting only a select few. The Dream Suite is even worse than this, it only allows a few people a night into it. Hey Jay Rasulo, Walt said to the people "Disneyland is your land," not "Disneyland is the land for little girls and one lucky family per night."
    But I know a few people that would tell you that that was what he meant by that statement... Lord help us all.

• A Weather Eye Open

it's only successful because that's the only place you can go to meet the princesses inside DL park. that's the only reason to go to it, and the hairdos and dresses and merch are incidental because they're available right there, after you've seen the princesses you came to meet.

a show there would be a much better choice, i think. even my boyfriend was saying they should have more "real" shows, like aladdin. too bad the one and only show i ever got to see in the fantasy land theatre was pocahontas! they could try to make money off the merch for the show, or something, if money's so important. people can get the dresses and merch and face paint elsewhere in the park already.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    it's only successful because that's the only place you can go to meet the princesses inside DL park. that's the only reason to go to it, and the hairdos and dresses and merch are incidental because they're available right there, after you've seen the princesses you came to meet.

a show there would be a much better choice, i think. even my boyfriend was saying they should have more "real" shows, like aladdin. too bad the one and only show i ever got to see in the fantasy land theatre was pocahontas!
    We'd all love to see more stageshows like Aladdin. Aladdin makes money because it is good at bringing people over to DCA. It's a quality show. Disneyland needs more of them. FL Theater was good at controlling crowds. It brought people in and out of the main park for a while. This is really its saving grace. If it does return to being a theater like it was before, that will be the reason.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

As a theatre, the Fantasyland Theatre is a bit lacking. It's biggest problem is the noise that the nearby railroad generates with every loop. The train's bell and whistle are very distracting for what ever event is held there. Most of you know my answer, and it involves bulldozers...
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    As a theatre, the Fantasyland Theatre is a bit lacking. It's biggest problem is the noise that the nearby railroad generates with every loop. The train's bell and whistle are very distracting for what ever event is held there. Most of you know my answer, and it involves bulldozers...
    Some say it might turn into a indoor theatre.

• Mouseketeer

I agree. It was nice having the real shows at the theater. I liked that there was variety there, not keeping the same show for years and years, al la Aladdin. I remember there always being a mass of strollers parked there, not out running me over. That was a plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    We'd all love to see more stageshows like Aladdin. Aladdin makes money because it is good at bringing people over to DCA. It's a quality show. Disneyland needs more of them. FL Theater was good at controlling crowds. It brought people in and out of the main park for a while. This is really its saving grace. If it does return to being a theater like it was before, that will be the reason.
    I think that until DCA can stand on it's own, DL won't put in a stage show of the same magnitude to compete.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Disneylands lack of theatre is astonishing...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Semiquaver View Post
    I agree. It was nice having the real shows at the theater. I liked that there was variety there, not keeping the same show for years and years, al la Aladdin. I remember there always being a mass of strollers parked there, not out running me over. That was a plus.

I think that until DCA can stand on it's own, DL won't put in a stage show of the same magnitude to compete.
    very good point, no one would go to DCA to see the show if there was a good one at DL. well, i've said it before, but maybe they should consider have more shows than just Aladdin running at DCA in the Hyperion. I know Aladdin has been there for years, but there are still people who haven't seen it, and it's great quality for a theme park show. I think they should be able to run several movie-based shows at once there to make DCA more of a must-see!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TsWade2 View Post

If you don't like the show, then don't go. I see the kids that go there for story time and to learn to dance and everyone has a blast. If it does leave, it is going to be missed. Personally I love listening to the Princesses tell their stories. It's a great way to relax with a soda and just soak in the fairytale feeling of the place.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast