Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What will the weather be in late March?

A couple years ago we went to San Francisco over the 4th of July, and packed as if we were still in Chicago. We had to buy sweatshirts and jackets and we were COLD!

I'm wondering what the weather is usually like around Anaheim in late March, specifically the week following Easter this year, like March 23rd or so. Are we looking at long pants/short sleeves? Shorts? Light jacket weather? How about the evenings? Cool? Warm?

Anything would seem warm to us after this recent cold spell (it was 2 below zero this morning in our suburb of Chicago) but we are hoping to not have a repeat of San Fran, and we'd prefer to NOT overpack.

Thanks!

Scott

• *~*Under the Sea*~*

Re: What will the weather be in late March?

Late March should be in the high 60's low 70's during the day and I'd say low 50's at night, maybe some rain...you can never really tell with SoCal weather...it's CrAzY!!!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

My magic 8 ball shows me that late March will produce a freak snowstorm that will effectively bring the whole of Orange County to a screeching halt.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Allow the self-designated Dallas Raines of Micechat to help you out here.

Late March I would suggest packing a light weight jacket and a sweater or long sleeve shirt to layer underneath it. It won't be cold, but it's not going to be hot either.

This is our rainy season so you should pack expecting rain just in case. Once again nothing too heavy. During a normal rainy season in So Cal the chances of getting rain are just as good as anywere else in the country so don't be surprised if you get some, but March can be a strange month. Some years it doesn't rain much, others it doesn't stop.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Esdeebee View Post
    A couple years ago we went to San Francisco over the 4th of July, and packed as if we were still in Chicago. We had to buy sweatshirts and jackets and we were COLD!
    California is a very long state. San Francisco weather is in no way an indication of the weather in Anaheim.

I expect it to be perfect. But pack as DIP says to.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

probobly best to check the forcast on a weather site a few days before you leave. its too crazy to guess. I few weeks ago it was cold and raining. this weekend it was 80 go figure

According to this...

http://www.weather.com/outlook/healt...27?from=search

...on average March is the 2nd wettest month of the year. But as that same chart shows April as having very little rain on average...if your trip is closer to the end of the month than the beginning...I would think your chances of rain would be less.

As far as average temps go...March can be rather chilly.

But of course no one can say for certain this far in advance. Could end up being anything from hot to frigid. Take anaheimgirl79's advise and simply check the weather sites for their 10-day forecast, closer to your departure date...and perhaps once again just before you take off. Then you'll have a much better idea of what to pack. No sense concerning yourself with it this far in advance, IMHO. Especially if you've already locked in your dates.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Lets set the record straight. The OP is coming from Chicago, so the correct answer is, it will seem really warm and there might be some mild rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I think Anaheimgir79l has given you the best advice so far. So Cal weather in the spring can be unpredictable. Two years ago I went to a conference mid March in Palm Springs... and it snowed. Really.

So you never really know until it gets closer what storms may or may not be moving in.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    Lets set the record straight. The OP is coming from Chicago, so the correct answer is, it will seem really warm and there might be some mild rain.
    Who knows? By that time it might be 70 and sunny in Chicago.

But thanks for the responses. I know it isn't like the Bay area, but wasn't sure what the general trends are that time of year. Light jackets and sweatshirts are probably in order.

My wife will likely overpack anyway, but she doesn't need any extra encouragement...

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by Esdeebee View Post

I'm wondering what the weather is usually like around Anaheim in late March, specifically the week following Easter this year, like March 23rd or so. Are we looking at long pants/short sleeves? Shorts? Light jacket weather? How about the evenings? Cool? Warm?

Anything would seem warm to us after this recent cold spell (it was 2 below zero this morning in our suburb of Chicago) but we are hoping to not have a repeat of San Fran, and we'd prefer to NOT overpack.

Thanks!

Scott
    .... its called Climate Change due to Global Warming.... its anyones guess what the weather will be like... certainly past years wont be much indication... :-)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Living in Southern California my entire life and NEVER, EVER wanting to live anywhere else because I'm too spoiled with our weather.....I'd say it will be mild temperatures.
    We have our wacky weather but normally it's not quite hot(for shorts & short sleeves) but not freezing cold.

I'd say layering with lightweight pants, long sleeve shirt and a short sleeve shirt along with a lightweight jacket would be perfect.

Even if a "freakish" storm came up it wouldn't be cold enough for a snow parka!!!
    We normally get our rains in April but it's not that cold.

• Goofy

besides the weather can sometimes be unpredictable so some days you never know.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

March is one of those months in S. CA that can go either way. I'd suggest jeans, tshirt, and a light jacket. You can always rent a locker.

Quote Originally Posted by rex22 View Post
    besides the weather can sometimes be unpredictable so some days you never know.
    I was just looking for general trends.

For example, if we had known that 50 - 60 degrees were common in San Fran around the 4th of July we would have packed for it somewhat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast