Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Wonderful World

Re: OK TDA, it's time to send someone out to clean Space Mountain!

Yea thats really bad. Do they even notice how bad it looks? I mean come on it can't be hard to repaint the damn thing
    I'm back MiceChat

• =)

I mean come on it can't be hard to repaint the damn thing
    Of course it's not hard! I mean, it's a pretty small surface, right? Practically flat, too, and there are stairwells all over the thing, and it's not like anyone would ever notice the painters up there anyway, right?

Sorry, just pointing out that it's not easy...it's just something that needs to happen.

• Hall Of Promise

That is a lot worse than I thought and worse than it was last year. The buckling or bubbling is something that I've never noticed before. Those are rather large as well. Very interesting how this stuff is acting up. If this was paint it would've be pealing like crazy, but if this was paint would it be bubbling up this much? Seems to be a sealant issue, possible water leakage, and eat managing to cause the material to bubble so much. Just a guess, though, since I don't know exactly what this material is.

• =)

Do keep in mind that for me at least, the bubbling wasn't noticeable when I was there. I mean, it shows up in this large crop of a high-res image, but the buckling is small enough not to be bothersome to the naked eye. Er, at least it was. I don't know about now.

• "714"

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    don't forget, it is winter, when it normally rains, perhaps they are waiting for spring
    true, I dont think the rain season is over in so cal.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• "714"

I dont think its looks that bad.........maybe its worse in person. Dont worry gang. DL will clean it. Im sure they know its dirty. I bet its on that Disney "To Do List"

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Most it is Road dust may be ash. Need a good wash down.

Right Now Disneyland hope that a heavy rains come and wash SM.

If that do not work Then One or Two people on ropes and wash It.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Of course it's not hard! I mean, it's a pretty small surface, right? Practically flat, too, and there are stairwells all over the thing, and it's not like anyone would ever notice the painters up there anyway, right?

Sorry, just pointing out that it's not easy...it's just something that needs to happen.

Well, now you know why the '98 version of TL went to the Victorian/Jules Vern color scheme. For TL to have a white color, it requires constant repainting. I believe that prior to '98, they were supposed to be painting the mountain every two years. But due to the negligence the park had been suffering under poor management, it hadn't gotten painted for over five years.

So the '98 bronze color scheme was a defensive measure to cover for poor maintenance procedures.

The new Disneyland management was expected to correct those shortcomings. unfortunately, it appears that they haven't fixed everything yet.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Well, now you know why the '98 version of TL went to the Victorian/Jules Vern color scheme. For TL to have a white color, it requires constant repainting. I believe that prior to '98, they were supposed to be painting the mountain every two years. But due to the negligence the park had been suffering under poor management, it hadn't gotten painted for over five years.

So the '98 bronze color scheme was a defensive measure to cover for poor maintenance procedures.

The new Disneyland management was expected to correct those shortcomings. unfortunately, it appears that they haven't fixed everything yet.
    Pretty sad that the prices for the park seem to go up every year but they can't even live up to their former maintainance schedules. Come on, after 50 years of weather abuse in the parks why are we still seeing these issues? The facts are this, Space Mountain needs to go down for an annual refurbishment so why hasn't it been scheduled while we are in the off season? Have they still not learned that you can't run things into the ground? I mean how many years prior to the 98 rehab was Tomorrowland white? It seemed to be well kept up during those years and it didn't even have any dark blue colors, so what's the deal now?

I recall making a thread a while back claiming that the mountain was in disrepair but was dismissed by many. Guess I was right: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=seawolf
    Last edited by Seawolf; 02-17-2008 at 03:43 AM.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    The facts are this, Space Mountain needs to go down for an annual refurbishment so why hasn't it been scheduled while we are in the off season?
    Even though it is the off season, more people would complain about it being closed than are currently complaining about it being dirty.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Even though it is the off season, more people would complain about it being closed than are currently complaining about it being dirty.
    Space Mountain doesn't need to be shut down to paint the roof.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Space Mountain doesn't need to be shut down to paint the roof.
    It does however need to be shut down to maintainance the queue. I think having it down during the weekdays or limited hours for a couple weeks would be the solution here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234