Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

The ghostly exit sign

On my past few rides on Haunted Mansion, I've noticed something decidedly amiss. As you enter the ballroom, you can see a green exit sign reflected on the glass. I think this is extremely unfortunate, because it reveals the secret of an excellent illusion, and pulls you out of the ride. Has anyone else noticed this? Why did it just now appear?

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

Re: The ghostly exit sign

I noticed it a few months back. Im thinking some law has to do something with it. Like no hiding of exit signs. All exit must be "clearly marked" or something. I see them a lot in Splash now. They used to just turn them off till something happened.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

They've been there for a while now. They've dimmed them down a little I believe as I remember them being very bright for a while. There is also one in Leotta's room if I remember correctly that was very distracting before being toned down a little.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Shubisha

I still don't quite get the point... for emergency yes you need them, but the lights come on in emergencies anyways. Have emergency lighting like airplanes have directing you to your nearest exit, have the exit signs light up, have sparklers and a marching band guide everyone out the exit, whatever. People shouldn't need to scout out their possible emergency exits while on the ride heh.

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

But it could also be a personal emergency I suppose I dunno what would happen in those cases...
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• That's Hawt

What's the point of having an emergency exit in the ballroom anyways .... it's not like you can get down there from your doombuggy can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Lurker

No, you can't get down to the ballroom from the doombuggy but the exit light isn't actually in the ballroom. The exit light is behind the doombuggy. It's reflected in the glass in front of you.

• Rainicorn.

Another place that an exit sign kills the mood is on PotC during the really dark portion in the caves before the battle room.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Social Imagineer

The TIXE situation is actually much improved from several months ago, when they first decided that the EXIT signs must be visible at all times. There were 11 of them detracting from every scene in the attraction. The remaining TIXE sign in the ballroom, and the others that are still visible, are quite unfortunate. But it's way better than it was (Haunted Mansion is perhaps my favorite attraction, and it was so ruined by the EXIT signs that I did not ride it for months during the TIXE dust fiasco!)

• That Guy

I totally get what you guys are saying, and it does detract from the immersion, but if the @#!$ hits the fan and you need to boogie out of there, you will be thanking someone for having those exits. Keep in mind it could be someone having a medical or behavioral emergency, not just a ride issue.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for escaping on these rides, but working in EMS for many years, trust me, while we like to think bad things only happen to 'other people' there may be a day when we are the 'other people' and we will either need to get out of there ASAP or have help get to us ASAP.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

It depends on where you stand in the room. from a certain angle, there it is.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

One time I was on a ride and someone had an epileptic seizure. Someone in their car ran for help, and they were completely bewildered and lost trying to figure out how to get through the sets. It made the whole experience of the ride suddenly transform from happy and exciting to ominous and frightening.

That said, I totally hate seeing exit signs all over these attractions, but these are hard compromises to make. Both the artists and the fire department have valid points. I wish they could just all pop on in an emergency, like the aisle lights on an airplane, but that may not be enough.

• Disneyland Freak

It used to be much worse, thankfully they have put tape over it to lessen it's brightness. Same story with in POTC in the dark dark caves. The exit sign used to glow so brightly in that dark cave that people (or at least I) thought that there was something in there.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    Another place that an exit sign kills the mood is on PotC during the really dark portion in the caves before the battle room.
    I totally hate that one too! Just in case you have to swim for it, i guess.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Having the signs lit during normal ride operation is actually more dangerous than simply lighting them if the ride stops. In the case of a personal emergency, someone may feel that they can exit the moving ride to seek an exit. This could result in their death if they are crushed or (in some rides) make contact with a power source.

They should do what is done in the Tokyo parks; the Exit signs are built into the floor and light up only in an emergency.

Not only does this situation lead to poor show, but I don't think they make you any safer in an emergency. There is plenty of technology out there which could solve this problem in a more show friendly way.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast