Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need your recomendations...please?

Alright I would sure appreciate some recomendations on this
    Ive been to DLR dozens of times and I am an annual passport holder but one thing I have never done is go to DLR during the holiday season Ive decided to go this year for sure. The problem is that because ive never been there at that time of year I dont know what time would be best. I know it will be crowded im just wondering when it would be the least crowded. I was thinking the week after thanksgiving what do you guys think? also i was wondering what some of the cant miss rides, shows, parades or other attractions during that time of year are? Any feedback would be appreciated!!

HAVE A MAGICAL EVENING

• I was deleted.

Well, I have never been to Disneyland during the holiday season because of crowds since I live so far away. (I'm like you-- I'd rather go during the off-season.) But I went this past early Jan. and still got to experience "it's a small world" holiday and let me tell you, it was amazing! I am a HUGE "it's a small world" fan to begin with, but that is besides the point. Others will agree that this is one of the few times they ride this attraction because it is done so well. The kids sing the original song and a couple of other holiday songs in the loop and the lights on the outside add to the magical experience of this classic attraction!

I wish I could add more, but that's all I can give you.

• LoisAlene

Re: I need your recomendations...please?

The week after Thanksgiving rates as one of the least crowded times, according to several guide books. Along with Holiday Small world there is Holiday Haunted Mansion. The decorations can't be beat. I remember going nuts over the Mickey shaped wreaths on every lamp post.
    Down side is more rides are down for refurb during the off season - but it's a small downside.
    Have a great trip!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• me.

ya the haunted mansion is amazing! you can't miss that its the best.
    the parade is also great. oh i love christmas disneyland...

• Somewhere on Main Street

My family and I (APers as well), went the week after Thanksgiving last year and will be doing the same this year. The crowds were close to none and we always just about walked on the rides. It did rain the last day we were there, but that's what the blue ponchos are for. Heck, we even went on Splash Mountain 3 times in the rain! Haunted Mansion is the best during the Holidays. My husband was never a fan of HM until we went last year in December. Go, you'll have a blast.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

The snow!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

It's a special season, when Christmas time is here.
    Hearts are gay and marry and full of yule tide cheer.
    The spirit of the season...

Sorry, I can't hear mention of the Christmas parade with out getting the song stuck in my head!!

Christmas at Disneyland is absolutely amazing and shouldn't be missed! Even if you only do it once! And the crowds never bothered me much because just looking around at how beautiful everything is all decorated is the best part!

Haunted Mansion Holiday is AWESOME. Small World has never been the same after I saw it for the holidays because it just can't compare to that! And I LOVE the Christmas Parade, it is very sentimental to me, I hope they never change it!

Walking into Town Square is an amazing experience. From the giant Xmas tree and the decorations all the way down Main Street through the hub and the castle all decorated. And New Orleans Square always looks great.

Plus all the little touches. Like in Storybook Land, they add little wreaths and decorations to the houses. You can't miss it!

Can you tell I love Disneyland at Christmas?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Senior Minion

I've gone the week before and landed two of our days there when the Christmas parade had just started for the season. DL is just getting the Christmas decorations up, but it seems fine. Less crowded for sure. Sleeping Beauty's castle is so beautiful for Christmas. Don't miss the Carolers along Main Street, they add in a little comedy, with some cheer!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Still wants to be a cat!

No Haunted Mansion Holiday this year, is what I've heard from backstage, we'll see if it's true or not come October.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Been there Thanksgiving weekend. It was a great way to start the christmas season. Got to enjoy Thanksgiving with family and then was immersed in Christmas spirit that weekend and was ready to come home and spend the rest of the month spreading that cheer here. It was a great time. HMH was up, the parade was on and all the decorations were glittery. And it snowed. All in all a very uncrowded, perfect time to visit.

I have been to Disneyland in December 3 times.The first time was the second week in December and it was not crowded at all.The second time was the first week in December and still no crowds.The third time was at Christmas, 2 days before was awesome....but Christmas day and the day after was soooo crowded it was unbearable.
    I will have to say though the decorations are awesome! Main street is so pretty. Nos is nice also. I love the parade and the giant tree.
    I love the Haunted Mansion overlay...Nightmare Before Christmas is the best thing that happened to that ride. My son adored it. I really like the IASW one also. There is nothing like watching the snow fall in front of the castle with a nice warm cup of hot chocolate.We like to take our picture by the Christmas tree in Toon Town because it is so unique! Hope this helps.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    No Haunted Mansion Holiday this year, is what I've heard from backstage, we'll see if it's true or not come October.
    There will be Haunted Mansion Holiday this year, from all accounts that I have heard. Even with the happenings of the 50th. The only thing missing will be the Haunted Mansion Holiday event (with the merchendise, food, etc.), but the attraction overlay will be returning to Disneyland.

You can't miss it! It's a must see!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

If there is no HMH, I will cry.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Puppy Cuddles

I'll cry if they don't add snow on to the back of "Remember..." It's not like they need any special new fireworks or anything. Just tack on White Christmas instead of the LeAnn Rimes song and make it snow. Heck, even if it snowed during "Remember the Magic," I'd be happy. THat is one of my favorite moments!
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Head Salesman

I recommend that you give all of your money to me. You stay home and relax while I go to the park for you. When I return, I'll write up a comprehensive report on the day's activities, what foods were eaten, what souvenires were bought, etcetera. It's a really good deal. I have to hassle with Holiday crowds, lines, making sure I get the proper change from a purchase, listening to that freaky Small World song, and having sore and swollen feet the next day. You get to relax all day, knowing that your money is being well spent on me. Is it a deal?
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast