Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bringing outside food into the park

Never had a problem bringing things into the park. Water bottles definitely OK, it says it somewhere on the website. No glass, I'm sure they would say something and I totally understand that rule!

I've brought several small "snack" things and they didn't even blink. I think they are more looking for weapons or large amounts of food.

The idea is for the park to make money on the food and I think if they had to clean up after a family of 6 (times a 1,000) with their trash, bottles, straws etc., it would probably take more staff to clean up. Also, it takes tables away from the patrons spending $10 on a small hamburger...yikes!!
    I know one day I was pretty peeved about just spending $56, looking around for a table while my food was promptly getting cold....and finding a mom with 2 kids using a booth to feed them baggies of cheerios she brought in for FREE!

I eat the things on bring on the go, at a bench or quickly in line. Also I've actually packed a large cooler and left it in the car....there's is no problem going to your car and eating, I've never been hassled for that.

• =)

Bringing outside food into the park isn't so much an option for me as it is a necessity. I do it every time and I've never had a problem. I've got a fast metabolism, the wallet of a student, and a stomach that doesn't like fatty foods...you do the math. I typically bring a couple of sandwiches, some chips or peanut butter crackers, and maybe a cookie or two. Plus water.

• Hall Of Promise

The rule is in place for the same reason movie theaters have the rule, to cut down on the mess and most importantly so people can buy THEIR food. It's all about the business.

I've brought in many small things and nice home-style sandwiches. Most CM's don't care for the small stuff. When it comes to me bringing in deli sandwiches you have to get a bit creative. I believe most CM's are trained not to allow these kinds of purchased foods, which also include fast foods and other mid-size meals. These are a no-no in their POV. So for me to bring in deli sandwiches feels like I'm smuggling narcotics across the boarder. But deli sandwiches seem like the perfect theme park food! If they had a deli inside the park that made my favorite, turkey with cheddar and pesto, I would buy it there.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Being a diabetic I usually try to carry some food with me. I will usually bring in a couple of uncrustable sandwiches and maybe some other small snack stuff with bottled water. I have one of the old kids meal boxes that I use to store the food in so it does not get smashed and rarely does security ask me to open it.

I have seen people that bring in loaves of bread, sandwich meat, PB & J, chips and then take up tables at the Bengal BBQ. I do have an issue with this. If you want to bring in a whole meal, then please find a location with lots of seating to eat it, not where there is already limited seating for paying customers.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yeah, you can get food in most of the time, but I mean you should be able to bring food in without a trouble anyway since you pay 60 bucks to get in.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Unlesss you are coming in from the Timon/Pumbaa lot. I've had that problem before.
    The other thing about this is we usually stay at one of the hotels on Harbor. Before we head back for an afternoon break, we have stopped and picked up food in DTD to take back to the hotel (usually Wetzels for the kids.) We have to pass through security to get back across to Harbor. We have never had a problem, but as others said it didn't look like we were going to be having a meal in the park.

I was behind a couple once that had a medium sized ice cooler once and they were told they couldn't bring it in because of its size. They told them it couldn't be any bigger than what would hold a six pack.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Being a diabetic I usually try to carry some food with me.
    My mom is too and she is always carrying around fruit and other small snacks for those just in case moments. Especially when out on the go.

I have seen people that bring in loaves of bread, sandwich meat, PB & J, chips and then take up tables at the Bengal BBQ. I do have an issue with this. If you want to bring in a whole meal, then please find a location with lots of seating to eat it, not where there is already limited seating for paying customers.
    That Bengal area is so messed up with the seating as it is. I have to agree. I have never seen this, but I have got food from the Bengal BBQ and then had to take it over to the tables by the Stagedoor.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Being a diabetic I usually try to carry some food with me. I will usually bring in a couple of uncrustable sandwiches and maybe some other small snack stuff with bottled water. I have one of the old kids meal boxes that I use to store the food in so it does not get smashed and rarely does security ask me to open it.

As usual, Pratt, said with the clarity and vision that makes you the queen of the "canoe boys".

Use a little discretion, don't bring in a seven course meal, don't go dancing through the gates singing "I'm bringing food in the park" at the top of your lungs, and you should be okay.

"And always let your conscience be your guide"

-- J. Cricket
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Rock Star Minion

Another way to see it is that you shouldn't bring in food that you can otherwise buy at DL.
    So, no fried chicken, and no Monte Cristo's.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Another way to see it is that you shouldn't bring in food that you can otherwise buy at DL.
    Don't even THINK of bringing McDonalds into DCA!

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Momuh3 View Post
    I think they are more looking for weapons or large amounts of food.
    A submachine gun sandwich?

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    No home-made Churros!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

I sat next to a couple who had brought in a large bag from La Brea Bakery. They had what appeared to be a very tasty meal (salads, sandwiches, drinks) while waiting for Fantasmic! to start. I was quite jealous.

• For You!

I took a backpack with us on this last trip - I put in two boxes of lunchables for my boys - they are so picky and usually waste stuff if I buy it in the parks. My hubby threw in a bag of jerky and teddy grahams - we also had granola bars, waterbottles and some cheese and crackers. It was a little heavy, but the CM's didn't seem to mind.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Silent Lucidity

We always bring in water bottles and some snacks! We usually eat at least one meal at the park a day; a meal that is 3 times the price it should be, and often a third the quality it could be! Therfore, since Disney gets it's 30-40 bucks in food purchases from us, I have no qualms about defying the "No Outside Food Rule", within reason of course!

I's love to order a Pizza and have it delivered to the front gate, have them pass it through the bars, and run!!!

• I'm wishing

I've never had a problem bringing food in. I've brought in lunch for four people from Taco Bell, just put it all in my bag and it was not a problem. One of my best friends always brings a small soft sided cooler in the back/underside of her stroller. She brings a few drinks, and a few sandwiches, and snacks for herself and her kids, I've never heard of it being a problem. Of course I would only eat where there was lots of open seating, I know she does the same (like she often goes to the very back of Hungry Bear).

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

On early mornings I go to Disneyland, I always bring a bottle of water mixed with tea. Never have a problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast