Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Bringing outside food into the park

The last two times I've gone (Jan. 29th and last Friday) I've brought in a lot of food. With my dad (in Jan.) I brought in 2 PB &Js, 2 oranges, 2 sodas, and some cookies. With my mom (I didn't know her and my uncle were going to go out every meal.... so I stocked up), 2 Spicy Chicken sandwiches and fried zuchinni (cold fried zuchinni, ew), 2 coke zeros, 2 bottles of water, and 6 cupcake sized pieces of fudge. Did we eat any of it? No (okay the water, and the fudge....) because my uncle decided he needed to eat all Disney food. I ended up sitting in my car bitter with the chicken sandwiches. Bottom line no one cared.

u could honestly bring in some outside food. i do it all the time. and i work there. when i go to play in the park i always have outside food on me.

• Banned User

This is what I do. I take a small ice chest, put waters on top and under the ice, have like 4 or 5 sandwiches. It works every time

• Minion

We have always brought in water and snacks in a backpack. The security has always seen it and never questioned it. We sometimes get a locker on main street also to help out with not having to carry the food all day in the park. We leave for the park tomorrow and will be taking water and snacks with us. I'll let ya know if I have a problem.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I see people bring snacks in all the time - especially when traveling with littles ones!
    I'm assuming their policy is just don't bring in like a full meal.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    But no major banquet?
    Exactly, no hug ice chest full of food. You can bring in small lunches and put them in backpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Don't even THINK of bringing McDonalds into DCA!
    That wouldn't be very Disney - Like,

Quote Originally Posted by disneyhound View Post
    I's love to order a Pizza and have it delivered to the front gate, have them pass it through the bars, and run!!!
    We actually had a pizza delievered to the park before, but this is when I was working there. We had to ask a manager's permission, of course!!

I'm sure they really don't care if you bring in your lunch - but for safety and/or sanitation reasons, they probably need to tell you not to bring food in or somebody would do something weird and stupid. You can picture some insane person lugging in a whole stuffed turkey on Christmas, right? Or, perhaps more realistically, a big sheet cake because it's Timmy's birthday and he wants his cake and Disneyland too. And then of course, there is the issue of people taking up table space and not spending any money.

Anyway. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable bringing in a sandwich and an apple, or most other 'picnic' foods that you could eat without silver/plasticware
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• i need Disneyland!

i've brought in sammiches before.. CMs failed to detect it! =) but then again you never know, so you're just better off with energy bars or something. And bottled water!
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    Oh no, no, I would cut it in half first.
    Half in the backpack, half in the diaper bag!! Easier hiding plan!
    -LoLo

• A Weather Eye Open

Someone mentioned buying Wetzel's for their kids... Did you know that a plain Wetzel's Pretzel plus the cheese dipping sauce from DTD is actually MORE expensive than a Mickey Mouse shaped pretzel in the park that comes with the cheese for free? I will never buy Wetzel's at DTD again!

Quote Originally Posted by LoLoAndStitch View Post
    Half in the backpack, half in the diaper bag!! Easier hiding plan!
    I've had a friend sneak a large pepperoni pizza into the movie theatre by putting each individual slice (or two) into a plastic baggie and hiding it ALL OVER his person (taped to his legs, up his sleeves, etc)
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Someone mentioned buying Wetzel's for their kids... Did you know that a plain Wetzel's Pretzel plus the cheese dipping sauce from DTD is actually MORE expensive than a Mickey Mouse shaped pretzel in the park that comes with the cheese for free? I will never buy Wetzel's at DTD again!

I've had a friend sneak a large pepperoni pizza into the movie theatre by putting each individual slice (or two) into a plastic baggie and hiding it ALL OVER his person (taped to his legs, up his sleeves, etc)
    Now THAT'S dedication!!!!!!
    -LoLo

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

There are some theaters, like AMC, that let you bring outside food and they don't care. I trid it lots of times and they don't say anything. Regal Entertainment on the other hand.............. ( includes Edward's Cinema and the UA)

• Dr. Harleen Quinzel

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Don't even THINK of bringing McDonalds into DCA!
    Really? My boyfriend and I got 20 double cheeseburgers in. We emptied out the water in my camelbac, and put them in the pouch. Deviant I know.

Plus the Wetzel's pretzel's cheese isn't as good as disney's cheese.
    Polynesian girl

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I've brought a full cake (like an 8 inch one with a clown on the top) into the movie theater, in my purse and no one said anything. Brought 12 cupcakes the next weekend. And I just carry a messanger bag (or at the time it was a knitting bag with a skull and crossbone made out of a ball of yarn and needles), not big super-bags. Things seem really fun at the time and then you eat half the cake during a movie and realize "oh bad. That was bad."

A little late post... we've brought in food before - a few pieces of bread and some sliced chicken for sandwiches. Grapes or other easily portable fruit.

They don't seem to care that much.

By the way, why is outside food okay at Disney World (per the FAQs on their website) but not okay at Disneyland (per the FAQs on that website)?!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast