Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Shubisha

Re: House of the Future at DL returns in May (Merged Threads)

as much as I want disney to put a useful attraction in that spot, other companies are footing the bill to make a new, temporary display type attraction that they can advertise as something new for the park.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: New House of the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Yep, just a big advertisement for Microsoft on the ground floor of Innoventions. 15 million for something that won't draw a single extra visitor per day into that god forsaken "attraction".
    C'mon Dusty... tell us how you really feel.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs down Re: House of the Future at DL returns in May (Merged Threads)

I just don't see the point in what they are planning to do. If they're not going to pay homage to the original & go a "Jetson" route or revisit it with a more modern flare, then why bother? Anything they put in there that is remotely possible in actuality will be obsolete as soon as it's available. The public aren't living in bubbles ya know (although some people are incredibly ignorant, like the Disney people who think that we'll actually be interested). They should tear out "innovations" and either put a new ride in it's place or something much more "futuristic" IMO.
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by nojarama View Post
    I just don't see the point in what they are planning to do. If they're not going to pay homage to the original & go a "Jetson" route or revisit it with a more modern flare, then why bother? Anything they put in there that is remotely possible in actuality will be obsolete as soon as it's available. The public aren't living in bubbles ya know (although some people are incredibly ignorant, like the Disney people who think that we'll actually be interested). They should tear out "innovations" and either put a new ride in it's place or something much more "futuristic" IMO.
    The use of the "House of the Future" name in Disney's press releases is misleading, and its only being used to draw a connection between Innoventions and Walt Disney. Tacky. This project isn't even going to be a stand alone experience like the original House of the Future was - its just part of the larger Innoventions attraction.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    If the outside is going to look like a suburban home, does that mean the lower floor won't be spinning anymore?
    The probability will be that there will just be a façade of a suburban home up on the second floor. Actually, didn’t they already have a similar concept for home technology by Honeywell (air conditioning or something) there? This new “smart house” presentation probably won’t be of any significant interest.

This whole “House of the Future” comparison is just a lot of hype crap. Whatever they put there won’t compare in any way with the original.

• Minion

Anybody else hate that it will be called the "Innoventions Dream House." What is Rasulo going to come up with next?:
    The Dream Turnstile
    The Dream Bench
    The Dream Water Fountain
    The Dream Restroom

Smile Disney revives House of the Future

I'm not sure if this is News, but I just read that Disney will revive the House of the Future. Here is a link to an article: http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=111&sid=1344297

• World Traveler

Re: Disney revives House of the Future

Yup, they had a pretty good sized article in the Miami Herald this morning too.

http://www.miamiherald.com/business/story/424094.html

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I lost the pictuer of the doors open for perview for VIP I do not know Who.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

As many of you should know, I'm a very big fan of the old House of the Future, although I never got to go in it (My mom wasn't even born when they tore it down I don't think).

In any case, I'm excited for this. And as long as they do an okay job, I'll be happy. But a GREAT job would make me VERY happy.

so..

this is going in where you enter innoventions through that whole "sections" thing? where all those mini-computers and games and such are? i'm trying to picture the area, but since it's been awhile since i've been there.. i'm having a hard time remembering the area.

• It's all nonsense

In the MSN article it said the outside of the house will look like somewhat of a normal house...where will this facade be? It'd be cool to have both an indoor and outdoor area, showcasing both indoor and outdoor tech.

Hope they're prepared to update this often.

• Down Pluto!

I somehow doubt it - I get the feeling that on opening it will be the "house of next year" - and in a couple of years it will be the "house that's lamer that the new one they are building down the street" and full of stuff that is then already in Best Buy...

Limited Vision is a treatable condition.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Arrow Innoventions Dream Home?!?! Are you excited!?!?!

So sometime in May this Dream House of the future is suppose to open and stay open for five years. Microsoft, HP, Life|ware and home builder Taylor Morrison are all products/technology to be featured in the house.

"Walt Disney Co.'s Disneyland Resort has signed a five-year agreement with Microsoft, HP, Life|ware and Taylor Morrison to design and develop a new Innoventions Dream Home attraction set to open in May in Disneyland Resort's Tomorrowland, the company said Wednesday.

The attraction, a 5,000+ square-foot house, will feature newly available technology from the participating companies and will provide guests a look at emerging digital advances that may be in homes in the future. Products and technologies in the exhibit will include the latest in mobile phones, PCs, digital music and gaming. The partnership will ensure the Innoventions Dream Home remains "on the forefront of technology with the newest devices and products" in the exhibit, according to a release.

In the exhibit, guests will actively help members of the fictional homeowners, the Elias family, prepare for a trip to China for the World Soccer Championships, where their son is competing.

The first "House of Tomorrow" exhibit began in Disneyland in 1967, and the interactive Innoventions pavilion was launched in 1998. "

Article from BizJournals

Well I'm excited! I don't arrive in Disneyland until late 2008 so I get to take the tour! Yeah!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Re: Innoventions Dream Home?!?! Are you excited!?!?!

I was talking to some of the innoventions people today and from what they have told me it's coming along well and will have some really cool stuff.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast