Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• CairnsGirl

Smile House of the Future?

I have just read in an Australian News Paper about plans for Disney to open a new "House of the Future" at Disneyland in May. Has any one else heard this news? Has it been in the USA Papers?

• =)

Re: House of the Future?

Yup. It'll be in Innoventions, on the first floor. I think there's a thread about it drifting around here somewhere...

• CairnsGirl

Smile Re: House of the Future at DL returns in May (Merged Threads)

Sorry!! Old news, I must have missed this one!!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: House of the Future at DL returns in May (Merged Threads)

The Disneyland Annual Passholder website includes a pretty small piece of Innoventions Dream Home Concept Art.

It also includes the following info:
    Visit the Brand New Innoventions Dream Home
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...Home_EventPage
    Discover a 5,000 square-foot home of the future inhabited by the dynamic Elias family and learn how the technology of today — and the technology of tomorrow — seamlessly interconnects within the home, the surrounding community and the whole world.

• Help the Elias family celebrate their son's recent soccer victory and plan their upcoming trip to China for the World Championship.
    • Explore this beautiful Taylor Morrison Home and sample the benefits for a digital lifestyle provided by Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard and Lifeware.
    • Visit the adjacent party tent and explore new technology in a fun, hands-on environment.
    • Design your own beautiful Dream Home and access it when you get home.

Located inside Tomorrowland's Innoventions. Opens May 2008.

Check back to learn how you can get a very special Annual Passholder sneak peek at the new Innoventions Dream Home!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

"Help the Elias family" neat.

But this may just be me. I think the art work "concept" or not looks like a talented fifth grader did it. I thought this was Disney?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    "Help the Elias family" neat.

But this may just be me. I think the art work "concept" or not looks like a talented fifth grader did it. I thought this was Disney?
    Disney concept art of late has been pretty underwhelming.

The Re-Imagineering Blog summed it up pretty well a while back: http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/...-up-there.html

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

I LOVE that blog! But I wonder why and how is disney producing such abysmal art. I mean Disney is about artistry. Even some of the graphics in the parks STINK. example the current innoventions exterior.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Disney concept art of late has been pretty underwhelming.

The Re-Imagineering Blog summed it up pretty well a while back: http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/...-up-there.html
    I think it's because they have gotten rid of most of their true artists and now have a bunch of "comic book artists" doing most of their renderings.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Look like Disneyland is doing a Soft open of the Innoventions dream House.
    I was look at the door way and see a Cast member walking with some people into the door way.
    Cast member have a rope up and you need wait for two castmember to be there one will lead into the place.

AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Theme Park Insider

Ha ha ha, that door's not anything exciting....just the handicapped entrance that leads to the elevator! ;D Those "speculative" pictures made my day, cuz I've been stuck working that position all the time! You get very few people that choose to use it. There are some REALLY cool things finally going in on that lower floor, though, trust me...(though I can't tell you what or they won't let me be in it)...just trust me in that lots of people will be geeking out over this stuff, and it'll be worth it when it opens!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by dramagrl View Post
    There are some REALLY cool things finally going in on that lower floor, though, trust me...(though I can't tell you what or they won't let me be in it)...just trust me in that lots of people will be geeking out over this stuff, and it'll be worth it when it opens!
    Which brings up an interesting question: when will it be opening? I know the initial statements and rumors said mid-May, but is that still the case?

Another question I have, if you're able to answer it, is will the building still rotate (the lower section, that is)?

• Theme Park Insider

Well, a few rooms are almost done, and I think it's okay to say that the official opening date will be June 16th (I'm pretty sure that's been released, at least). We've been training for it already, so at least it's finally moving forward! It's taken forever, but I can see now that that's simply because they want to make sure everything works so that all the park guests really enjoy it. You put that much technical stuff in one place, and there's bound to be bugs to fix!

Oh, and as far as I know, it will still spin. At least the outer ring will.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

gosh ive discussed this a zillion times months ago its going into the innoventions building as it is a DL version of the epcot HOF

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Troublemaker

Re: Innoventions Dream Home To Be New Home of the Future

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    In line with Carousel of Progress, a family will perform as guests travel through the rooms. Only this time live actors will be used instead of AA's.
    Didn't they attempt this when Innoventions first opened up -- with each of the 5 zones being hosted by Mom, Dad, Son, etc...? I'm expecting this concept to just fall by the wayside within a few months like it did the first time around.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456