Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Dreamer

House of the Future at DL returns in May (Merged Threads)

I like to think that I am up on DL news...guess not... because this article:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...GWwbAD8UPFN500

caught me off storm! I had not heard about the House of the Future returning to DL in May. I am also scared to post this because I know some of you will say it has already been discussed on here, but I could not find it when using the search feature.

Anyone know where will it be placed? Know any other details not mentioned in the article above?

I really hope there are some great environmentally positive features in this house of the future. While it is nice to see THINGS that might make our future lives easier, I would also like to see elements added to the house that aren't neccessarily about consumerism etc... On the bright side, maybe this is the start of bring back "tomorrow" to Tomorrowland.

I am also glad I am finally going to DLR this August, so I will see this with my own eyes. I haven't been to DL since the 'lovely' new TL premiered in '98.

So thoughts...........???
    Last edited by tofubeast; 02-13-2008 at 08:44 AM.

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Re: House of the Future at DL returns in May

I just saw info about this on the morning news. There was no mention about where it will be located, but I'm assuming it'll be in Tomorrowland. I'm not sure how I feel about it, yet. I guess it depends on how much effort Imagineers put into the project. If it's just a slap-dash job, it could be as inspiring as Innoventions. But if they put some real imagination into it...well, we'll see...
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

• Dreamer

Ahh... so it will take the up the bottom floor of Innovations. Being that I haven't see Innovations at the park, what used to be on the bottom floor? Sounds like it will substantially change Innoventions now. Hopefully for the better...but time will only tell!

Thanks for posting those links. I knew it had to have been discussed in some shape or form. We just know for now that it is 100% moving forward.
    Last edited by tofubeast; 02-13-2008 at 07:00 AM.

• "I Break Things"

This sounds eerily like the opening of Innoventions when you had the "family" spieling at their specific spots... while I applaud the decision to try something "futuristic" I wish they would have gone with an actual home automaton company like Crestron or AMX instead of Lifeware. Disney has both Crestron and AMX systems... they know a lot of the technology available... guessing this was another case of "lowest bidder". Microsoft might be interesting, but if they can't get the bugs out of Vista how are they planning on getting the house to work? I am wondering how many shades of blue will be in the artwork!

I think we have all posted extensively on the technology available, there are plenty things that could occupy Innoventions.. but it's a start.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• =)

The home will also feature new uses for devices that many visitors may already own, as well as technologies that are still five or 10 years down the road.
    Glad to see WDI and TDA have decided to keep this perfectly within the chronological thematic parameters of Innoventions. Well, at least we know this thing has a short shelf life, which means less time before the whole building is demolished to make room for Tony Baxter's new E-ticket. (I have no idea if that will happen! But it should. )

• Golden State of Mind

cool, if they put the time and effort into it i'm sure it would be good.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Silent Lucidity

Would be interesting if Innoventions actually had something worth the attendance! Last time we were inside was 2001, many visits ago!

• Beep Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    This sounds eerily like the opening of Innoventions when you had the "family" spieling at their specific spots... while I applaud the decision to try something "futuristic" I wish they would have gone with an actual home automaton company like Crestron or AMX instead of Lifeware. Disney has both Crestron and AMX systems... they know a lot of the technology available... guessing this was another case of "lowest bidder". Microsoft might be interesting, but if they can't get the bugs out of Vista how are they planning on getting the house to work? I am wondering how many shades of blue will be in the artwork!

I think we have all posted extensively on the technology available, there are plenty things that could occupy Innoventions.. but it's a start.
    +1
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Glad to see WDI and TDA have decided to keep this perfectly within the chronological thematic parameters of Innoventions. Well, at least we know this thing has a short shelf life, which means less time before the whole building is demolished to make room for Tony Baxter's new E-ticket. (I have no idea if that will happen! But it should. )
    funny, I expected "Tony's E ticket" to replace Pizza Port, but that sounds alot better

• It's all nonsense

Will this be the new stuff from Microsoft? I've seen their conceptual kitchen on TV and it's pretty cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
    Ahh... so it will take the up the bottom floor of Innovations. Being that I haven't see Innovations at the park, what used to be on the bottom floor?.
    I seem to recall a bunch of laptop PCs.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I welcome this arrival. The downstairs of Innoventions was such a snoozefest anything to make you want to stay on level one is a huge upgrade.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz View Post
    I seem to recall a bunch of laptop PCs.
    various laptop pc's and desktops running crappy VMK games "hey, nothing says disney like spending thousands on tickets,hotel rooms and airfare just to play VMK in the park like you play at home versus running around the park!"

other stuff was a yamaha piano zone, mushrooms that had computers embedded in them that played various games running on windows 98 like paint mickey or find letters with mickey, mr tommorrow on one of them, the thrilling high speed elevator-simu technology that rockets you to the top floor in 25 seconds....

one part also near the yamaha piano zone was a bunch of HP computers that ran microsoft windows xp media edition, around the corner from that was "make your own fireworks show" mounted on easels and stuff, and so forth.

before it got taken down I meant to photograph it, but didn't get any. maybe someone else did, but that's really hard to say judging by how it doesn't thrill most

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yes, I do not like Innovations bottom floor its a waste of time. As long as they keep the upper floor open people will be happy. They should more the lower floor of Innovations to the upper level of the Starcade.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast