Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: A Bug's Land Things to Add/Improve!

underground tunnel would be nice!

• Hiding in the shadows

They could technically just break through the wall where the ToT fastpass distribution is and you would end up I guess somewhere between Franciis and the flyers. I need to go back and look at the map for Carsland. I could have sworn they were going to use that backstage area to get from ToT to Cars, so I just assumed they shodl open it up to FFF too.

A little piece of heaven

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I posted this in the other bug's land thread so here it is again with new additions in bold:

-Extend Heimlich's Chew Train. It needs to be different from Casey Jr. but still just as complete as an attraction. Kids love trains and open air rides that don't go too fast, but it certainly can be a little faster and it would be cool to make it more engaging.
    edit: i like merlin jones idea of using this ride to give us a tour of the land

-Tuck and Roll's gotta go. If you can't do bumper cars right, don't do it at all. But keep the idea of PT Flea's circus! Hmmm... what if we have Heimlich's train extend into a separate show building where we see some of the acts of PT Flea's circus? That way we can get some animatronics of the other bugs land characters doing their thing! So i dunno what to do with this space. Does it need to be a ride? Maybe it's big enough for a small stage for some crazy circus "ant"ics? Or how about a decent quick food location? I can just picture all the fun things they can do with bug names.

-"It's Tough To Be A Bug" needs to exit into Flik's Fun Faire. Right now it's easy for people to skip FFF all together. But to add some foot traffic, lead people right into it.

-Axe Redwood Creek playground and add a decent playground in A Bug's Land. How cool it would it be to explore the ant hill with glowing mushrooms serving as your guiding light? Maybe add some displays with REAL bugs so that kids can see what these things are like in person. It'd be neat and educational at the same time!

I don't know why Animal Kingdom doesn't have a Bug's Land. It'd be perfect for them. A centipede coaster would be neato too.

I personally like It's Tough to be a Bug. A LOT. It's definitely has better rewatch value than "Honey" does. But when it has run its course, then I think a change to a dark ride would be a great way to breathe new life into the land. Right now, the 3D movie is the BEST thing the land has got.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I dunno if someone posted this, but, I dont think they can add another entrance for bugs land and or cars land because the road way for parade floats go right between there.

oops, there is ^

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^We'll like someone said a underground tunnel that would be cooler than a normal gate anyway.

• ...TWO BITS!

Once the entrance is enchanced, there is no need for the parade route between TOT & FFF. So problem fixed already... This may be a new roundhouse to store the red cars that will be added, I forget. Maybe the roundhouse was between Hyperion Theater & TOT.

-So the 2nd path between TOT & FFF is highly possible by I think it was 2013.

-I like the idea of expanding Chew Chew Train to tour the land.

-Having Chew Chew Train take an indoor darkride element in perhaps the umbrella tent/ Bumper Cars would be neat. Seeing circus acts, cool. Maybe the story could be an outing with the bugs: Dining, entertainment, & stroll.

-Exiting ITTBAB into FFF is great. Also fixing the entrance is a must.

-Getting rid of Redwood Challenge for an attraction & a playground for perhaps Princess Dot's Puddle Pond or Bumper Cars sounds great. But I'd like to see a smaller form of RCCT. Right now, I think it's too big.

I was thinking of a freefall for PDPP too, but this sounds better.

-Maybe relocate fruit cart, shaded seating, small stage, & food stand closer to the main entrance of Bugs' Land. Food stand, stage, and/or seating cover themed with a glass green house. Relocate P.T. Flea Market over the the very long ITTBAB queue. And fill in the area with garden growth, fruit, & especially as orange grove. Perhaps retheme the ITTBAB show building as a barn, instead of a billboard/forced perspective facade. And save the bug statues for the indoor darkride for Chew Chew Train.

Nice inputs everyone.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 02-20-2008 at 09:02 AM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• It's all nonsense

Bugsland is prime for a good dark ride...I have no clue what it could be like...I just think it'd be good for the area.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: A Bug's Land Things to Add/Improve!

I think an underground coaster would be fun. Maybe call it a trip through an ant colony. I also could do without the train, it reminds me too much of this lame theme park we have in Gilroy, CA called Bonfante Gardens.
    Dave

• Banned User

In my opinion, Bugs Land does it's job. The kids love it and that's what it's there for. If they want to improve it, I would suggest two things, and two things only.

1. Build a kid-friendly Inverted Rollercoaster over the land. It would add some motion to the center of the area and provide something that kids and adults can enjoy. It can be easily themed and the station can be placed in the back section, replacing the unneeded extended queue for Flik's Flyers.

2. Extend Heimlich's Chew Chew Train to be come a full fledged dark ride. Use the Casey Jr. Cookies box as the section where you enter the building and where you come out. Add new scenes such as Heimlich interrupting the Praying Mantis' magic show of coming across Flik testing a new invention.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    In my opinion, Bugs Land does it's job. The kids love it and that's what it's there for. If they want to improve it, I would suggest two things, and two things only.

1. Build a kid-friendly Inverted Rollercoaster over the land. It would add some motion to the center of the area and provide something that kids and adults can enjoy. It can be easily themed and the station can be placed in the back section, replacing the unneeded extended queue for Flik's Flyers.

2. Extend Heimlich's Chew Chew Train to be come a full fledged dark ride. Use the Casey Jr. Cookies box as the section where you enter the building and where you come out. Add new scenes such as Heimlich interrupting the Praying Mantis' magic show of coming across Flik testing a new invention.

Do the kids love it though? I think if it were to do its job, the majority of grown ups would love it as well as the kids. Like Disneyland in general.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

This thread reminds me of a Backstage Disneyland article from 1975, that mentioned how many ideas Guest Relations had to field from Guests. In one part it sort of makes fun of one young man's submission of an idea for a "Bugland."

Hmmmm. I wonder if that was a young John Lassiter?

Armchair Imagineers. I guess they've always been around.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Do the kids love it though? I think if it were to do its job, the majority of grown ups would love it as well as the kids. Like Disneyland in general.
    DCA wasn't built for that reason. This was before Ouimet's term when clouded judgement filled the parks. The area, much like ToonTown, was built to please a specific audience. The coaster that I suggested would improve it by giving the area something Adults won't be embarassed to go on.

• =)

Remove the 3D show (its not going ot be miised) for a Bugs Life Dark Ride.
    I'd like to add my voice to the growing chorus of others who disagree. While the dark ride idea is great, scrapping It's Tough To Be a Bug isn't the answer. It's actually quite a fun little show.

• Hall Of Promise

Count me in as one who likes ITTBAB, especially taking friends who haven't experienced the so called "special effects." I love it! I tend to usually experience this show every visit I have to the resort.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast