Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• The line's too long...

Re: A Bug's Land Things to Add/Improve!

There's a very good reason that Toontown and Bug's Land only have one way in and out, it's easier to keep an eye on the little ones and let them run around. Keep both in these, comparatively safe nice cul-de-sacs.

Get rid of Francis Boogie (a low capacity, poor man's teacups) and put in a nicely themed young kid's non-water playground in its place along with adjacent sit-down area next to it (that is perpetually closed and blocked off by bunches for some strange reason).

Extend Heimlich's Chew Chew Train and make it a more substantial ride. I like the idea of giving it a dark tunnel area for a while with a Mantis magic show or ant colony, etc.

DCA already has a kiddie freefal, the Jumpin' Jelly Fish. It could be moved and rethemed to a Bug's Land, where it would be a nice addition.

Tuck and Roll's bumper cars are too slow but they won't speed them up due to liability. They could still plus up the ride somehow to make it something beyond simply bumper cars. We expect more from a Disney ride.

After the new plaza opens, the parade route is going to change and people are going to be able to use the backstage area to get from carland to Tot and probably to Bug's land.

I think they should add a dumbo type ride, but instead of dumbo use Dim the beatle flying. This means Flick's Flyers should be taken down, they seem cheap to me cause they are just painted boxes.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    There's a very good reason that Toontown and Bug's Land only have one way in and out, it's easier to keep an eye on the little ones and let them run around. Keep both in these, comparatively safe nice cul-de-sacs.
    Interesting point, never thought of it that way. But before TT & Bugs land, Fantasyland was considered the "kiddie" area and it has 5 different entrance/exits. Good thing to think about though.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by mstickmanp View Post
    I think they should add a dumbo type ride, but instead of dumbo use Dim the beatle flying. This means Flick's Flyers should be taken down, they seem cheap to me cause they are just painted boxes.

A Dim Beatle ride would be a great vehicle transport because he actually gives them rides in the film!

BUT, to give credit where credit is due, Flik's Flyers at least took some stretch of imagination to conjure up. "What if Flik built a carnival ride? What parts would he use? What would it look like?" All of these questions were answered with that ride and it makes sense because he's an inventor.

Francis' Ladybug boogie doesn't make sense because he never dances.

Tuck & Roll's Drive 'em Buggies... also makes no sense.

Heimlich... also kinda weird to be riding IN him.

If this land is to succeed on any themeatic fashion, they should stick with the concept of "what if flik made this land?". It IS Flik's Fun Faire is it not? If they did that, what would bug size vehicles look like? If we do ride other insects, they should be individualized so that we're not riding the same beetle or lady bug head or pill bug, etc, etc.

I think that is one of my bigger problems with the place.. more than the fact that it's a kiddie land. But it's a kiddie land without any real thought.

But back to your idea about using Dim, I love it! Helicopter sound effects and all!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ...TWO BITS!

I agree about the Toontown vs Bugsland vs Fantasyland argument. I don't think multiple pathways would hurt. Parents need to care for their kids anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Flik's Flyers at least took some stretch of imagination to conjure up.

Francis' Ladybug boogie doesn't make sense because he never dances.

Tuck & Roll's Drive 'em Buggies... also makes no sense.

Heimlich... also kinda weird to be riding IN him.

If this land is to succeed on any themeatic fashion, they should stick with the concept of "what if flik made this land?". It IS Flik's Fun Faire is it not? If they did that, what would bug size vehicles look like? If we do ride other insects, they should be individualized so that we're not riding the same beetle or lady bug head or pill bug, etc, etc.
    I also pondered this about why are guests riding in these characters with the exception of Flik? Toontown doesn't have guests ride inside Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc with the exception of cartoon taxis.

Maybe Filk builds a train that takes guests on a stroll through the fair... The characters can be in the train's show building in AA form. Would have a similar feel to Alice in Wonderland & Pooh ride where sections of track are outdoors & indoors.

I did think of Dim & Rose paired together and/or using dandelions (sp?) to be themed for the freefall ride... Dim lifts guests & Rose uses her webbing as a net for guests to sit in.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Dreams Do Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

Replace Dots Water Park with a Kids free fall ride
    Why) Its a waste of space and thier's other area's for kids to play.
    This will add another kids ride to the park, plus some teens can go on it to.
    I don't think they should get rid of the Puddle park I like it myself and I wouldn't like to see it go...Besides I don't think we need another "freefall" Attraction in DCA.TZTOT AND Maliboomer are enough as it is.

• Former DL & WDW CM

Everyone's had such great input here! I wanted to add myself to the list that would like to see the Chew Chew turned into a more substantial dark ride. I think this would also cover the issue with getting adults some enjoyment too-I enjoy the dark rides in Fantasyland quite a bit, and seeing as how neat the Hopper AA is in ITTBAB I think they could do some really cool scenes.

And underground tunnel? SWEET!

• Banned User

Why not move Jumpin Jellyfish to Bugs Land? It could be easily rethemed to the Dandelion Drop ride pitched above and placed in the area where Ladybug Boogie is now. only problem is masking the wonders of Downtown Anaheim and Backstage from guests. How about some tall blades of grass ala The Honey I Shrunk The Kids Play Area at DHS?

• MiceChat Moderator

I definitely think Bug's Land as a land has more potential than they gave it. Keeping it a kiddie land was poor judgement. Rushing it to please parents was even poorer.

• Minion

People have some great ideas! How about relocating the Orange Stinger to Bug's Land- it would make so much more thematic sense!

Also, how about a small "wooden" coaster- made of "twigs"-where you ride inside of the "bird" that Flik builds in the movie?

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy View Post
    People have some great ideas! How about relocating the Orange Stinger to Bug's Land- it would make so much more thematic sense!

Also, how about a small "wooden" coaster- made of "twigs"-where you ride inside of the "bird" that Flik builds in the movie?

Hehe definitely right about the Orange Stinger, I had also joked about that too. But minus the orange! (it takes up too much space).

And i love the idea of wooden twigs to build up the tracks... great idea.

But the bird... that would make for an interesting motion simulator vehicle or a giant gondola swing.

• Banned User

I just hope that A Bugs Land has room to expand after Carsland is finished

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This thread explains MiceChat perfectly. First people want to bulldoze Bug's Land. Then we come up with some cool ideas. Then we are talking about explanding Bug's Land. Us MiceChatters certainly have multiple personalities.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    This thread explains MiceChat perfectly. First people want to bulldoze Bug's Land. Then we come up with some cool ideas. Then we are talking about explanding Bug's Land. Us MiceChatters certainly have multiple personalities.
    It's also fascinating that all the ideas that they come up with are impractical, impossible, or financial non-starters.

But, they seem to enjoy doing it none-the-less.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    It's also fascinating that all the ideas that they come up with are impractical, impossible, or financial non-starters.

But, they seem to enjoy doing it none-the-less.
    Putting an annex there to link it to Hollywood is possible, so I'm sticking to that change.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast