Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

A Bug's Land Things to Add/Improve!

First off I KNOW allot of you guys like a Bugs Land for its Deail and even some of the rides but for allot of normal gurst and other older Disneyland fans we dont care for Bug's Land.

So here is my small list which I think would improve the land to make it from kids 2-6 to kids 3-12 Plus rides for Teens and adults.

1) Have a second entrance/Exit to Bugs Land to Hollywood (near ToT)

2) Remove the 3D show (its not going ot be miised) for a Bugs Life Dark Ride.
    Why?) Not only will the ride appeal to more people, It will have enough lines for a fast pass. Much more poplar than the Show.

3) Replace the Slow Train, with a Small Coaster.
    What will it be like?) The Coaster goes around Bugs Land for a fun and cool ride trough Bus Land, its a small Coaster like Goofys or Gadgets coaster.
    Why?) More Poplar than the train, it appeals to a bigger audience, plus how doesnt want to see bugs land from a birds eye view?

4) Speed up the Bumper Cars!
    Why) Becuase the slow cars are boing and not fun and rides should be fun for most people not just a Small amout of babies.

5) Replace Dots Water Park with a Kids free fall ride
    Why) Its a waste of space and thier's other area's for kids to play.
    This will add another kids ride to the park, plus some teens can go on it to.

So those 5 things I think would improve the Land, I know some of you may say "The Land was made for small children" but maybe thats why DCA is not as good as DL becuase it has lands made just for ONE type of person instead of having lands made for everyone. What do you think? Also if you have idea's for the land post them.

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: A Bug's Land Things to Add/Improve!

1.) This should happen when Carsland goes in, there is already a backstage path you can take from TOT to FFF which lets you in between Heimlichs and the bumper cars, hopefully this will be an open path once that is done.

2.) I love this show and would hate to see it go. It is a favorite for my family and a lot of our friends who do not have kids.

3.) I assume you are speaking of Heimlichs Chew Chew. This attraction needs to be extended but not made into a coaster. Its is one of the best things at DCA IMO, its a great fun concept and just needs to be expanded upon.

4.) They wont do this because of safety concerns, but it is a nice though. they are way slow.

5.) A kids free fall ride would be interesting but I would be concerned about it adding yet another height restriction attraction. Plus I don't think we need anymore kids only attractions at DCA, there is already a good mix for everyone. The water areas right now are what make DCA on hot days.

I think the attractions in Bugs land and at FFF in particular even out DCA. Its a good mix between ToT, Screamin, etc with other attractions for younger kids. The area serves a good purpose, and anyone there last sunday seeing 25+ minute waits on ALL attractions in Fliks will attest that is not as dead of an area as people would like to believe.

A little piece of heaven

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Adding a second entrance in a must. Notice the 2 "kiddie" lands are a dead end (Bugs & Toontown). Kinda ironic.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Adding a second entrance in a must. Notice the 2 "kiddie" lands are a dead end (Bugs & Toontown). Kinda ironic.
    What does that make Critter Country ?

A little piece of heaven

• Mouseketeer

I love, "It's Tough to be a Bug." The entrance lobby is hilarious with the all the references to broadway shows. I'm also always impressed with the Hopper AA. It's great taking people there for the first time without warning them about what's to come.
    One of the big problems I see, the que line for the show is far too long and makes it look like the attraction is closed. When I go into the line, it encourages a few other groups who were standing around to go in too. It's a good show, and I only see smiles coming out.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    What does that make Critter Country ?
    You can stay the night there. Rufus had been for years.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Semiquaver View Post
    I love, "It's Tough to be a Bug." The entrance lobby is hilarious with the all the references to broadway shows. I'm also always impressed with the Hopper AA. It's great taking people there for the first time without warning them about what's to come.
    One of the big problems I see, the que line for the show is far too long and makes it look like the attraction is closed. When I go into the line, it encourages a few other groups who were standing around to go in too. It's a good show, and I only see smiles coming out.

This is a really good point about the line. The shoudl shorten it up a bit to make it more inviting. Its a great show that really does go a bit unnoticed.

A little piece of heaven

• I Can Show You the World

A second path in and out is a must. Change some if not all of the rides in a way that they can get rid of the too old or too tall restrictions. Myself and my friends have only been in there once just to look around and since there really wasn't anything for us to do we haven't been since.

Keep A Bugs Life. This show is really cute and I don't know of anyone personally that hasn't loved it. Maybe as suggested move the line so it isn't as long and empty looking.

• Minion

A second entrance is a must but adding a kid's freefall ride would bring the total number of drop rides in the park to 4. That's a bit excessive. Even the 3 that are there now are too much.

• "I Break Things"

my only addition would be Napalm.. that should fix the area.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

The only ride A Bug's Land needs is the bulldozer ride.

The entire land should be scrapped and the space should be reallocated to something that's actually worthwhile.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

I'm fond of Heimlich's Chew-Chew as a concept - - its a nice homage to the late Joe Ranft, Disney/Pixar story guru and voice of Heimlich - - but the train route should go throughout Bug's land on a scenic journey, just as Casey Jr. gives us a wonderful, lengthy tour of StorybookLand. Right now, Heimlich goes nowhere at all -- into a box and out again!

1) Have a second entrance/Exit to Bugs Land to Hollywood (near ToT)

At the moment it's a staging area for the parades and the floats have to drive through there so either they have a gate system where they can close it and allow the floats through or they will have to redo the backstage area.

hmmm. the second entrance would be nice for guest to get form Tower of Terror area to Flik's... the only thing is that is our backstage and that how we get from hollywood to our lunch area past flik's. plus they keep all the floats for parades back there. its transportation way for the floats to get around backstage from hollywood to the pier area.............

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknroltkover View Post
    hmmm. the second entrance would be nice for guest to get form Tower of Terror area to Flik's... the only thing is that is our backstage and that how we get from hollywood to our lunch area past flik's. plus they keep all the floats for parades back there. its transportation way for the floats to get around backstage from hollywood to the pier area.............

Underground tunnel. Win/Win.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast