Talking Newbie here~ question re: making hotel memories

HI! We are going to Disneyland on TUESDAY of next week! I am SO excited to take our 5 1/2 year old!!!!!

I am not terribly creative and was wondering... has anyone put anything in their hotel room so that when the family returns there's a "suprise" from Mickey or one of the characters? I was trying to think of something fun I could leave behind each morning for my little girl to "discover" when we get back...

ANY help would be appreciated! I am so glad I found this board~ Off to read more posts!

THANKS in advance!

Amy

Re: Newbie here~ question re: making hotel memories

First of all, welcome to Mice Chat!

I would call the hotel and see what they might suggest for you. They are so creative and nice. I bet you can have a Mickey cookie waiting at night or a balloon.

Okay, it just occurred to me that you might not be staying on Disney property. I will have to give it some more thought.

Thanks for the reply! This time, we are staying at the Howard Johnson. I bet the on-site hotels are TOTALLY accomodating!

Please do give it some thought~ of course, I want to give her another special memory!!

Amy

• Hiding in the shadows

How about things she could wear into the park the next day (that you could still get ahead of time like at the Disneystore).

socks, a wand or crown, necklace or other jewlery. You could have a note with each one, say she wears a necklace and meets Cinderella..the next note could say, I loved your nexklace and though you may like some matching...whatever. Sort of character interaction after the fact.

A little piece of heaven

• Silent Lucidity

How exciting! Nothing like seeing the excited look on your child when they visit Disneyland for the first time! Take lots of pictures, and post a trip report when you get back. Are you aware of the hojocam? You could show your daughter how close you will be staying from the park!

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mattercam.htm

Have a great trip!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Who does any great impressions? Have someone go downstairs and disguise their voice as a Disney character. A 5 year old will remember the wake up call forever.

Welcome to MiceChat. Make sure you tell us how your trip went.

• Rather Be At Disneyland

I think that on the Disney website you can actually arrange for a phone call from a Disney character. I don't know much about it, if you can arrange a certain time or not, but you could look into it.

• I'm not really here

https://secure.uvoxnetworks.com/disn....html?affno=66

This would be a great one to do one of the mornings. Or maybe the morning you are leaving for the trip, have her favorite character give her a call. It does cost $2.49, but it can be pretty cool.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disneymom

I checked into this site and really love it. My daughter is 7 and we are going to Disneyland in a month. She is counting down the days. I just might have to send her a phone call. Thank you for the site even though I wasn't the one who requested it. The things we learn on Micechat.....