California Screamin'

I'm heading for California at the end of September and will be at Disneyland during the first October week-end. Can anybody tell me how long California Screamin' will be down after the accident?

I remember that Big Thunder Mountain was down for a couple month - do you think that this ride will be shut for ages too?

Thanks folks.

• Minion

Re: California Screamin'

i think they said like 6 weeks. so i think it'll be open when you come. i'll be there that weekend as well, so i'm hoping it's open too...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

There is no way to know how long the closure will last. DOSH is still doing the investigation. When they figure out exactly what caused the accident, then they will require repairs from Disney, and then additional testing before they will allow the ride to be open to guests.

Al in his article tuesday reported that the folks at TDA are thinking that it will be at least a month, if not longer.

Some folks are sayng at least 2 months, but it all depands on the failure.

If it was just faulty brakes, then that would be the best situation for an early return. DOSH would just require the replacement of the faulty brakes, and then some testing.

If it is a computer issue, folks think that could cause the 2+ month delay, between the design and in-office testing of the new program, followed by a lengthy testing period on the ride itself.

Also, Disney might decide to do a refurb of the ride while it is closed, which would also delay the return of the ride.

Right now, only time will tell....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Rainicorn.

Didn't Al say that the ride operators and such are petitioning for a refurb? I hope so. I know one of DCA's top rides would be down, but I think if it's closed for that long it would be nice to see.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Circle of Ancients

It wouldn't surprise me if they are rehabbing things right now with the ride being closed. The only part of the ride that is in question is Zone 7 and 2 of the trains. That means 4 other trains and all of the other zones are okay, and could be rehabbed.

The problem here is the ride-ops, who aren't working right now because they have a down attraction. An un-scheduled down attraction at that. Hopefully most have found shifts on other attractions.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    It wouldn't surprise me if they are rehabbing things right now with the ride being closed. The only part of the ride that is in question is Zone 7 and 2 of the trains. That means 4 other trains and all of the other zones are okay, and could be rehabbed.

The problem here is the ride-ops, who aren't working right now because they have a down attraction. An un-scheduled down attraction at that. Hopefully most have found shifts on other attractions.
    If they've been around long enough to have cross-trained, they probably have. Otherwise, they're just SOL, since Screamin' doesn't have a partnered attraction like the rest of Paradise Pier.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

thanks folks - I hope it is the breaks and that the ride will be back in september. I guess Disney is not interested to loose one major attraction of the park for too long