Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Smoking Area in Tomorrowland -- Bad Placement

OK. I havent been to DL in like 2 years. Last I was there, they had the chimneys pent up under the old Astro Orbiter building. Nice and out of the way. Your not forced to go into there area, and that was good. Now, last Saturday, the smoking section is the small pathway between Autopia and Innoventions!!! This wouldnt be an issue with me, other then its THE ONLY WAY TO GET TOO OR FROM THE TRAIN STATION!!!

Sorry smokers if this effects YOU, but I REALLY dont like the smell, and I honestly felt that I lost years of my own life walking the cancer gauntlet. Is there anyone else thats thourally discussted with this new smoking section? Is there some place we can put the smokers, that non-smokers DONT need to pass through?

I know you smokers are saying "ow give it a rest! I have a right to ruin my own health!" and I agree with you! But NOBODY has the right to ruin other people's health!!! My whife has Hasma! It reacts REALLY badly with smoke from cigarets, and I REALLY dont like our little trips to the ER room because of some smoker.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Lung cancer roe in TL? Yuck!

Voice your complaint at city hall. This discussion has happened 50 times here and it always gets too heated. Nothing will get solved here, complain to the management.

• Goofy

your right but this issues is so hard to decide. I have asthma too. I usually Get away from the smokers in quick way. I usually avoid the smoking areas.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

The Tomorrowland/Fantasyland smoking area used to be located next to the portion of Autopia next to the Matterhorn. It was moved over in near Tomorrowland Train Station once the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage absorbed the previous space for extended queue.

It's an incredibly bad location. Every guest going to or leaving the Tomorrowland Train Station must pass through the smoking area. There has to be a better location for it, but where?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Launch sequence engaged

What about the section between Redd Rocket's and Innoventions? There are pay phones there, but there are alternate places to use a pay phone.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland Tourist View Post
    What about the section between Redd Rocket's and Innoventions? There are pay phones there, but there are alternate places to use a pay phone.
    The problem with that area is that anyone that wants to ride SM, must also pass through that area, and thats about EVERYONE in the park.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Voice your complaint at city hall. This discussion has happened 50 times here and it always gets too heated. Nothing will get solved here, complain to the management.
    I will, but I have not seen this topic about this smoking area. I have seen other topics about smoking in general. Also, im asking for an alternate area, not just complaining. What we need to do is find an out of the way area of Tomorrow Land that is not being used, to put smokers in. I think Innoventions or HISTA fits that description. I say re-install the elevator to the top of the old Astro Orbiter platform and let them smoke up there. They just need to duck and run like crazy whenever that satalite eyesoar actually works.

I would even go so far as to suggest removing Starcade and put in a nice comfy smoking lounge in there. Maybe the top floor of Starcade thats not being used? Im sure the smokers would prefer a climate controled room over being stuck outside?

Anything is better then putting them in a major walkway on or off a major attraction.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage View Post
    I will, but I have not seen this topic about this smoking area. I have seen other topics about smoking in general. Also, im asking for an alternate area, not just complaining. What we need to do is find an out of the way area of Tomorrow Land that is not being used, to put smokers in. I think Innoventions or HISTA fits that description. I say re-install the elevator to the top of the old Astro Orbiter platform and let them smoke up there. They just need to duck and run like crazy whenever that satalite eyesoar actually works.

I would even go so far as to suggest removing Starcade and put in a nice comfy smoking lounge in there. Maybe the top floor of Starcade thats not being used? Im sure the smokers would prefer a climate controled room over being stuck outside?

Anything is better then putting them in a major walkway on or off a major attraction.

I agree with you Gibbage about the poor placement of the area. Problem is, if you start a thread called "Lung Cancer Roe", people tend to take the thread less seriously.

Also, smoking indoors will never happen. Disneyland is just trying to keep all sides content, moving it away from a walkway would be a good gesture.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I agree with you Gibbage about the poor placement of the area. Problem is, if you start a thread called "Lung Cancer Roe", people tend to take the thread less seriously.
    Hindsight 20/20 they say, and I must agree with you. The title is a bit combative, and I think its just am expression of the frustration I felt. I wish I could edit it into something a little bit more PC. Maybe a mod can do that for me? How about "Relocating the TL smoking section?" if a mod sees this?

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

I, too, hate that section. Usually I can pass through with out much inhale, but everyone and their mother was smoking last time I was there and I seriously started coughing. People probably thought I was being a drama queen but oh well. I can't think of a good place to put it... how about outside the gates?

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• For old time sake

Please remember that in the past smoking topics have gotten heated and out of hand. I agree with the suggestion to take it to city hall instead of Micechat.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Hindsight 20/20 they say, and I must agree with you. The title is a bit combative, and I think its just am expression of the frustration I felt. I wish I could edit it into something a little bit more PC. Maybe a mod can do that for me? How about "Relocating the TL smoking section?" if a mod sees this?
    Done.

And has ashee mentioned, this topic and this location as already been talked about in numerous threads over the last couple of years. I'm not sure if you did a search to see if there was already a thread about it, but sometimes the search engine doesn't catch everything and I don't remember if the theads specifically mentioned the Tomorrowland area in the title or if it was just somewhere in the thread. But thats beside the point.

However, since this topic has been brought up before, and historically the threads turn into not so much a debate but an out and out argument between smokers and non-smokers with accusations, name calling, and personal attacks, be forewarned..... the very first time this thread goes in that direction it will be locked and moved to the litterbox.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

Re: Smoking Area in Tomorrowland -- Bad Placement

I still don't get why they allow smoking inside Disneyland. It's supposed to be a family oriented place, and you'd think that people could hold off on their addiction for a day so others wouldn't have to smell it or be around it.

At the very least, they need to have a new section for it placed somewhere away from walkways and attractions.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by draybook View Post
    I still don't get why they allow smoking inside Disneyland. It's supposed to be a family oriented place, and you'd think that people could hold off on their addiction for a day so others wouldn't have to smell it or be around it.

At the very least, they need to have a new section for it placed somewhere away from walkways and attractions.
    That would be the section by Tom Sawyer's Island.

• =)

Honestly, I don't like the fact that there has to be smoking sections in Disneyland, but I understand why they're there. And while that particular section does feel rather like running the gauntlet, keep in mind that the DLRR isn't exactly the park's most popular attraction, and in my highly unscientific observations, it seems to me that that particular station isn't used a whole lot. It's kinda out of the way...just like the smoking area. So I'm semi-okay with the placement. Heck, worst comes to worst, I just hold my breath through there. It's not a long walk.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast