Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goat News

• Magic Making

Goat News

I found this on Mickey News:

Missing since November, the beloved dynamite-chewing goat on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad roller coaster is expected to wander back to his exposed butte in the next few weeks, according to Disneyland officials. The extended and unexplained disappearance fueled speculation on Internet chat rooms about the bleating goat's demise and led to more than a few instances of baa-baa-bad humor.

Officially, the nameless, genderless goat is "on vacation." Unofficially, the audio-animatronic animal is getting a new fur coat in the Anaheim theme park's maintenance department after years of exposure to the wind, sun and rain.
    Disney fans fondly recall the legendary "goat trick" — where riders at the crest of the second lift hill train their eyes on the goat throughout the subsequent sharp turn to greatly increase the sideways G-forces.

My 7-year-old daughter, Hannah, worries about the death-defying creature's fate as she waits impatiently for the "goat ride" (as she calls it) to return to its full and explosive glory. In the meantime, Hannah bides her time on the "a-bob-di-bull snowman" ride (a.k.a. Matterhorn Bobsleds roller coaster).

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Re: Goat News

If the writer thought our humor about the goat was in bad taste, I can only imagine what the writer thought about our speculations regarding the missing pole from the Indy queue!
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Or the dog in PotC in the burning town scene. Was there ever any news about where he went?

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by A writer who doesn't understand physics
    riders at the crest of the second lift hill train their eyes on the goat throughout the subsequent sharp turn to greatly increase the sideways G-forces
    Actually, no...last time I checked, merely looking at an audio-animatronic goat does NOT greatly increase the speed or tightness of the turn, and you'd need to do one or both of those to increase the "sideways G-forces." All it does is disorient you in an amazing way.

Sorry.

• Magic Making

And the meister chimes in.

• =)

Sorry. "The meister", huh...kinda like the sound of that...

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

You should hear Thrax's idea: having a blast area on the rock and in the middle of it, the goat's leg, lol,

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This article proves one thing. Someone at Mickey News reads MiceChat.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Actually, no...last time I checked, merely looking at an audio-animatronic goat does NOT greatly increase the speed or tightness of the turn, and you'd need to do one or both of those to increase the "sideways G-forces." All it does is disorient you in an amazing way.

Sorry.
    You're right.

I think what's going on here is that as one fixes their eyes on the goat their perspective changes quickly as the train banks off to the right and decreases in elevation. Focusing on this focal point under these conditions makes it appear that you are travelling much faster than you really are.

Its kind of like the light speed effect in Star Tours except that you are actually moving and therefore it much more convincing that you are travelling at a speed greater than you really are.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Glad to hear he's coming back. Can't believe it's taking that long to refurb the goat! You'd think they'd have a couple of stand-bys backstage to replace it with.

I did notice some shiny new TNT in the spot last Saturday...

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    Disney fans fondly recall the legendary "goat trick"
    You are banished from the community for speaking of the tricks of goats! This is the first rule of goat trick.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Or the dog in PotC in the burning town scene. Was there ever any news about where he went?
    I'm guessing the same thing has the goat. Just out for maintenance. But its so much more fun to speculate and make up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    This article proves one thing. Someone at Mickey News reads MiceChat.
    Well, we are one of the largest and most read Disney sites on the web.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

I thought it was being replaced by a Llama.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    You're right.

I think what's going on here is that as one fixes their eyes on the goat their perspective changes quickly as the train banks off to the right and decreases in elevation. Focusing on this focal point under these conditions makes it appear that you are travelling much faster than you really are.

Its kind of like the light speed effect in Star Tours except that you are actually moving and therefore it much more convincing that you are travelling at a speed greater than you really are.
    When I was younger (okay, maybe I still do this) I used to twirl around in circles for long periods of time. If I had been spinning around for some time, and then tilted my head to the side, I'd get a funny feeling in my stomach (and occasionally would get so dizzy that my vision would black over and I'd hit the floor). It's fun, try it sometime! The goat trick feels exactly like that, so I always assumed it works the same way. There's just something thrilling about going around in a circle with your head all tilted.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    If the writer thought our humor about the goat was in bad taste, I can only imagine what the writer thought about our speculations regarding the missing pole from the Indy queue!
    The pole was not missing, simply borrowed for an extended period of time. It was spotted at a variety of "clubs" depending on who you talked to. Glad to hear the goat will be back... I loved the whole "exploding goat" concept though.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast