Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need help on a couple of things please

Hello all,

I'm going to DLR next week (20th-24th) and I wanted to ask a couple of questions before I embarked on my magical journey.
    1: We're staying at the GCH and I was wondering if it is easier to buy the park hopper tickets online or just at the hotel.
    2: I plan on asking my GF to marry me somewhere in the park. Any suggestions/locations? I'm not sure if CM's can help me plan something. She really likes Lilo and Stitch, so maybe you guys have ideas on how I can work that in somehow.

I havent been to disneyland in about 15 years, and she hasnt been back since before splash mountain was built. In other words, we are both pretty much first timers all over again. I'm pretty excited and I want to make sure everything goes about as well as it can.

Thanks in advance and hopefully I'll have plenty of pictures to share with you guys when we get back.

• It's all nonsense

Re: Need help on a couple of things please

Quote Originally Posted by Re di Tutto View Post
    1: We're staying at the GCH and I was wondering if it is easier to buy the park hopper tickets online or just at the hotel.
    I think you save a little bit if you buy online. The print at home option works well.

Smile Re: Need help on a couple of things please

Congrats on both the upcoming trip and impending proposal.

1:I'm not sure about buying tickets online. Last I checked, which was a year or so ago they had to be delivered to your house which took some time.

I never chance it with tickets and always pick them up at the hotel we're staying at.

2:Typically cast members can help with small little proposal gags or setups. It really depends on what they are doing at the time and how big the request is. I'm not sure about them helping you plan something. Definitely something you would want to check on well in advance. Some other people here probably have more experience I've only scene 2 or 3 proposal over the years.

Places: In front of the castle. In the middle of main street. At the center marker for Disneyland. The balcony of the disneyland gallery. For something more intimate there is a nice courtyard in the Disneyland gallery that is usually empty. On the bow of the mark twain as it passes new orleans square.

Hope that helps you get started.

Please let us know what you do and how it goes.
    -Trader Aaron

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Great ideas, Aaron. I never thought about a proposal on one of the big boats before. Unfortunately, the Gallery doesn't exist anymore.

Are you planning to propose right away, or hang out for a few days first? You might discover a spot that becomes a favorite place together, and then it will have special meaning to you both. Good luck!
    A signature should go here.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

What about going over to the Paradise Pier hotel and having the character breakfast there with Lilo & Stitch? Either just as a "must do" on your trip OR to work them into your proposal? (I can see Stitch running off with the ring...you chasing him...ok, do you want it to be romantic or lighthearted?)
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Snow White Wishing Well is another spot.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

When my roommate was going to ask his GF, a cast member at the storybook ride offered to take them out alone during the firework show, that would be cool...

• Circle of Ancients

Snow White Well, Court of Angels (in NOS Square), Storybook Land boats, etc are nice.

What I would do is talk to someone at the GCH (obviously when your GF isn't around) and see what they think. They may be able to help you set something up either in or outside of the parks.

• Evil Queen in Training

I've always been a fan of the wishing well next to the castle. It was the spot I was hoping for,

I was asked next to our bathroom in our house (romantic)

Well he did put it in a Harry Potter book

gezzz I'm a nerd.

few other ideas:

Top of the Sun Wheel

some different ideas
    Pirates of the Caribbean (perhaps a private boat can be arranged.....I've seen that before)

In the elevator of Haunted Mansion (when the lights go off you get down on the knee)
    not to mention, great ride to make out on
    same can go for Tower of Terror

one word-Heimlech

I'm sure a CM would be happy to help. I use to work at the Hotel Del Coronado and would set up things or help out in any way I could. It's fun to know you did that for someone

Good luck!!!
    R.I.P.

January 3, 2008-January 27, 2008

May you rest in peace in the happiest place on earth.

(FYI you were replaced with Winne the Pooh Shoes for $12.00 at Walmart)

Thanks for the ideas Aaron. I'll definitely have to check out the places you mentioned.

As far as when I'm going to actually propose, her B-day is on the 21st, so I didnt want to have to remember yet another date in our relationship so I figured I would do it then so I'd never forget. We fly in Wednesday so i was going to scope out locations and possibilities.

Wow...thanks for the advice guys, keep 'em coming. I'm pretty sure she'll hate me if I were to ask her in a very public place(though how much could she really hate me while I'm on one knee), so any places where its pretty isolated would be much appreciated.

any places where its pretty isolated would be much appreciated.
    I was at DL about three weeks ago and went on Storybook land. A couple had their own boat ahead of the boat I was on, and our boat pretty much knew what was up.

Sure enough after passing the tunnel with Aladdin's lamp, their boat was stopped by the Cinderella castle area, probably the most secluded part of the ride, and the guy proposed to her. People on our boat started clapping when we found out she had said yes.

When you mentioned Lilo and Stitch, my first thought was also the character breakfast in Paradise hotel, as 'tinkermonkey' had mentioned.

I proposed to my wife by the wedding garden next to the Disneyland Hotel.

Wow...thanks for the advice guys, keep 'em coming. I'm pretty sure she'll hate me if I were to ask her in a very public place(though how much could she really hate me while I'm on one knee), so any places where its pretty isolated would be much appreciated.
    Courtyard of Angels in New Orleans Square is very pretty and pretty isolated.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    What about going over to the Paradise Pier hotel and having the character breakfast there with Lilo & Stitch? Either just as a "must do" on your trip OR to work them into your proposal? (I can see Stitch running off with the ring...you chasing him...ok, do you want it to be romantic or lighthearted?)
    I was think the same thing.

Disneyland Hotel Near the water fall
    (yoyoflamingo) Himm

DCA Pizza Oom Mow Mow by one of the tiki gods
    Enchanted Tiki room May talk to the Cast member to hold the next show or do by one of the Tiki Gods.

GCalif. R there is Courtyard where the monorail track is you can find place there
    In lobby the third there are chair each side also I think there is On the Fifth floor or Six floor there outside Deck
    outside back of the fire place is inside there is another fire place.

If you need map I can scan one and may be put a mark there.
    Please Email or PM me.
    If you fine a Location you like.
    Last edited by akfandisney; 02-15-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Lightbulb Re: Need help on a couple of things please

All the ideas here are so great!

You could also consider asking the guest services at GCH or at city hall if you & your GF could ride the Lillie Belle (if its running) \. You could tell her it's special for her b-day & surprise her with your proposal. It would also be private. However, I don't know how hard it would be to be on one knee while the train is moving though.

Your GF will love however you propose. Wishing you a memorable trip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast