Shrek's Quick TR for 2/15/08

I have started taking solo trips on Friday afternoons so just a quick update for those of your brave enough to go this weekend. I arrived at about 1230 and tried Mac Daddy's entrance, which is supposedly usually open until 9am... according to a CM. The parking structure looked not so busy and I parked on Goofy. So I get into gates area no problem and then I venture into the park...to realize that President's day weekend is around and some ppl flip their weekend so they get friday off too....GREAT right? No no no...wait times today were IMPOSSIBLE, I'm so used to less then 15 minutes for everything on a Friday. Wait times that I remember Nemo: looked like 90+, mansion: 20, indy:65, pirates:15 (which is max and unacceptable to me cuz its load rate is so so fast), BLAB:20 and so forth. When I tried to get away from the crowds and tried Disney's California Regional Adventure Park the lines were 50-100ft long and only 4 gates were open, but they soon opened a fifth gate. I didn't try screamin' or TOT, but Single Rider for Soarin' was 15-20minutes or so. At that point I had it with the crowds and just went home early.

Some highlights:
    1) I had my first dole whip float because everyone is raving about them and I like it, don't love it but it would be refreshing on a summer day.
    2)I finally got my prayer....1.2M on BLAB and I got 2nd on the high score board for the day.....because I STOPPED IN FRONT OF ZURG FOR LIKE 5 minutes.....literally; I know its cheating but I finally got 1 million, i just hit 999,999 right as the ride started to move again. I've always asked for this type of luck but never get it so I finally did it yay!
    3)The Mission tortilla & sourdough places for tours are nice for a quick pick me up & bite to me
    4) The donald duck show thing in the front of the park is a nice place to get away from the crowds and watch stuff from the 50th, the original footage was interesting to me, but I don't like Steve Martin that much...

Finally is Seasons of the Vine worth watching? I've never seen it but they were short today so I didn't see it.

So morale of the story is to avoid DL & DCRAP this weekend if today is any sort of indicator for how busy the weekend will be, hope you all enjoy!

• Senior Minion

Re: Shrek's Quick TR for 2/15/08

That's why I'm on the fence about going this weekend, although if I do go I expect major crowds ... and then I could always just go watch a movie in DTD.

As for Seasons of the Vine. It's a nice little side trip from the usual DCA stuff, it's kinda like Golden Dreams but about wine. What I like is that is so quiet and subdued in there and you hear nothing from outside.

• Circle of Ancients

It was on the calender to go, but with our Easter weekend trip at the Grand Californian, we decided to halt it. I think im going to head over there 2 weeks from today on my birthday as well.... i have noticed that fridays that aren't holidays are not crowded at all
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    That's why I'm on the fence about going this weekend, although if I do go I expect major crowds ... and then I could always just go watch a movie in DTD.

As for Seasons of the Vine. It's a nice little side trip from the usual DCA stuff, it's kinda like Golden Dreams but about wine. What I like is that is so quiet and subdued in there and you hear nothing from outside.

Since I don't have my ap. I was thinking about a movie meet at downtown disney this sunday. I really want to see you guys really bad lol. I realise the parks are gonna be really busy.