• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

How about best memories in any land?

I tried this earlier, and maybe was too specific, narrowing down memories for each land starting with Main Street. So let's try again, this time with any land. Here are a few of our best:

Adventureland - actually this one was in WDW. They used to play a game where you would follow clues and find a hidden statue somewhere in Adventureland. Very neat idea; well the Mrs. and I won it once and got our first Dole Whip as a prize (I think it was if I recall - brain getting rusty with age) and have been addicted ever since.

Fantasyland - The first time we saw how much more detailed Fantasyland was in DL than WDW was a very special moment for us. We knew we were home!

Tomorrowland - Riding the subs for the first time while visiting family in Ventura in '89 - great experience and we can't wait to ride them again!

There are far too many to put here, but just wanted to see if anyone else was interested in sharing their memories.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Re: How about best memories in any land?

Oh well, I guess this just wasn't a good idea. One more and I promise to let it die the death it deserves, maybe that will be the best memory of all.

New Orleans Square

The first time we saw Haunted Mansion Holiday we were visiting from back east. Afterwards, my wife and I both agreed it would be worth it to fly to Anaheim, ride HMH, then fly back - it was that special.

Now back to the regularly scheduled posting schedule.......
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Do you MiceChat?

• oh bugger

Adventureland
    Several years ago when I went to Disneyland with a friend and his parents my friend's mom was on Indy with one of the attraction leads on the back of the car with a flashlight trying to find something along the way that someone had dropped, sunglasses or something like that. Well, when the ride stopped she jokingly told this CM that he ruined the ride for her because she was watching him the entire time. They got to talking and eventually my friend and I showed up and were introduced to him and his assistant. They took us backstage and into the control room of Indy.

A year later I was there with my friends on a road trip right before college started. We went to Adventureland and asked if the certain CM's I knew were working, one of them was and she showed my friends and I around backstage some more, we even went behind the large safari scene on Jungle Cruise, it was night time so when a boat and its light came by we had to duck behind rocks and trees as to not become tourist in the african safari.

Every time I'm in Adventureland I ask if either one of them are working, it's been 5 years and I've been back 3 times and they remember me every time.

Tommorrowland:
    When I was 12, my granddaddy, who lived in LA passed away 4 days before Christmas, and all of our Christmas money went to transportation from Texas to California. A few days after Christmas, my mom decided to take my brother and I to Disneyland. Well, it poured down rain all night, freezing cold, so we bought an umbrella and had a blast with no crowds. We went on Star Tours 7 times in a row. We pretty much just bounced between Star Tours and Space Mountain all night!

Parking Lot (not really a land, but hey!)
    When my dad came to pick us up from the above visit, he said that with everyone wearing the yellow ponchos, hoods on, walking underneath the yellow-ish street lights, it looked like a Mickey Mouse KKK convention just let out!

Thanks for sharing these; Disneyland is so special that we are bound to have some special memory that comes to mind. We are hoping to make some new ones this weekend (memories, that is).
    "Search the boat...."

Do you MiceChat?