Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile How do you get reservations to the Blue Bayou?

Just how does someone get reservations for the Blue Bayou?

- Do you line up?
    - Do you have to request a table near the Pirates float-by?
    - What time do you need to get there to get a table?

Disney Road

• Sea Creature

Re: How do you get reservations to the Blue Bayou?

Walk right up to the restaurant. I've never seen a line before. Depending on how busy the parks are during your visit, you may want to make reservations several days early. I haven't ever requested a seating location but I hear you can make such requests.

• Banned User

or you can use the disney dining #.

that # is 714-781-3463

I recommend calling at least two to three days before you plan to eat there.

walk up seating (non reservation) is limited to availability, however, I have had them put me on a cancellation list. just a suggestion..........

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

To call ahead, the number is (hang on a minute...) 714/781-DINE (781-3463)

Reservations for Blue Bayou, Plaza Inn (Character breakfast) and Carnation Cafe' can be made 60 days out, but you don't really have to if you just decided to go. For most Disneyland restaurants a week ahead is usually plenty, except for very busy holiday periods.

Note that this is NOT the case at WDW, since they are usually booked solid - if you don't plan your trip to the minute and call ahead each morning exactly 60 days out, you likely aren't going to get the table-service dining options you want.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

To call ahead, the number is (hang on a minute...) 714/781-DINE (781-3463)
    You can book 60 days before seating.

Also Tell then you want a river table and tell then that have a special occasion
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Shablagoo!

When I went, over a year ago, I called 60 days in advance. To get a waterside table you can ask, but the wait tends to be longer. One tip I got from here that worked is to get the first seating for Lunch and request a waterside table. I did that and had no trouble.

If you are coming from a long way away, like I do, I'd recommend making reservations to any place you have to eat at. You don't have to go if you change your mind, but that way you are sure to get in. I got priority seating for 2 meals at Blue Bayou, Ariel's Grotto, and the character breakfast at the Plaza Inn. I had no trouble, except that I had to wait on my Blue Bayou Dinner PS on an extremely busy Sat night. It was probably 20 minutes after my PS time.

I'd say if you are planning on eating at the Blue Bayou on a weekend that you should get the PS. When I went to lunch on Friday, they were turning away people saying they were booked until Sunday evening.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 02-18-2008 at 12:44 AM.

• I'm not really here

If you are going during ANY non-off-season part of the year, call the 60 days in advance. That's the only time we can go and when I call first thing in the morning on day #60 I usually get told I'm the 10th or 15th person to call in to make a reservation for Blue Bayou. It can be incredibly popular.

Not seeing a line outside doesn't mean much. There is a lobby inside and the wait can be over an hour. People put their names down and go ride something. I always recommend getting a reservation no matter what restaurant or what time of year as there is no real way to predict the capricious nature of crowds. Why risk it when you can have an official, in writing, dining time?

If you have a reservation, you just show up 5-10 minutes before your time, check in with the host and they seat you very quickly. If you at all can, call as far ahead as possible (if it's less than 60 days to your trip already) and get waterside seating. It's a lot of fun watching the boats for Pirates pass by (about 30 feet away) in the darkness of the bayou.

I recommend lunch as the prices are much more doable.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Knight that says Nee!!

I would call ahead for sure. Even during the slow seasons that we visit when we show up with our reservations there are no stand by seats left at all. Seeing no line is not an indication that you can walk up and get a table. Not for BB.

Once you have your reservation you should arrive 15-20 minutes before. They will put you in the waiting lobby and then seat you right around your reservation time (when a table is open). Gennerally you can't pick tables. If you are lucky and there is indeed a lot of empty tables you can try to request a waterfront seat but they pretty much sit you at what ever table is open and is able to fit the size of your party.

Even if you are going during the "slow season" I highly suggest calling ahead. It is unlikely that you will get a table by just walking up to the place, unless you are a very small party (2-3) they stand a slightly better chance. I have stood in the waiting lobby many times, and no line outside the place, and listened to the greeters send people away because they are full. The fact that they take reservations and they ask that you check in 15 minutes prior allows them to move you off the "street" and so no line forms.

Good luck...it is a fun experience

• A Weather Eye Open

Jus tto give youan idea of how the Priority Seating works....

I've called ahead for Feb 29. late lunch seating at 3pm. The CM recommend that I get there at 2:50, and he said there could still be a wait time since the Priority Seating system isn't really a full on "reservation". He also said that if I'd like to request a waterside table, to do that when I check in at 2:50 and that it would probably mean an even longer wait (I'm still going to do it, I think).
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    or you can use the disney dining #.

that # is 714-781-3463

I recommend calling at least two to three days before you plan to eat there.

walk up seating (non reservation) is limited to availability, however, I have had them put me on a cancellation list. just a suggestion..........
    everytime I have tried to call that number all I get is a automated msg saying to make reservations call this number.... its the same number I just called!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

If you don't call ahead, the best idea is to go to the Blue Bayou first thing in the morning when the park opens and talk to a host or hostess there to get reservations. There's nobody on that side of the park that early, so you'll be one of the first to get there. Good luck.

• Shablagoo!

[
    quote=mycroft16;2568046]
    I recommend lunch as the prices are much more doable.[/quote]

This is something that I hear a lot, but I have found the prices to be the same, whether it is lunch or dinner. There are a few items that are on one menu that are not on the other, but the items that are on both are the same price. Unless, of course, things have changed in the last year, which they could have.

Here is my lunch and dinner menus from when I was there.

Dinner first.

Now lunch.

Of course I guess you could get the Monte Cristo. It is on the BB lunch mneu and is cheaper than other items, but I'd just get that across the way at Cafe Orleans.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 02-19-2008 at 01:48 AM.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Lunch has the monte cristo...aside from the "atmosphere" that is the main reason to even go to BB.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    [
    quote=mycroft16;2568046]
    I recommend lunch as the prices are much more doable.
    This is something that I hear a lot, but I have found the prices to be the same, whether it is lunch or dinner. There are a few items that are on one menu that are not on the other, but the items that are on both are the same price. Unless, of course, things have changed in the last year, which they could have.

Here is my lunch and dinner menus from when I was there.

Dinner first.

Now lunch.

Of course I guess you could get the Monte Cristo. It is on the BB lunch mneu and is cheaper than other items, but I'd just get that across the way at Cafe Orleans.[/quote]

this is news to me. all of the online menus i've seen, even the recent ones, list completely different prices for lunch and dinner!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    this is news to me. all of the online menus i've seen, even the recent ones, list completely different prices for lunch and dinner!
    That wa my experience. Perhaps it has changed since Nov of 2006, but the prices were the same when I was there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast