Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Progressive Disneylander

Re: No Outside Food Allowed at DCA? Or not....

Maybe it's me, but I think the 'craziest' thing here is that someone is taking secret pictures of a family eating food at DCA. It seems creepy.

This picture won't give anyone a license to bring food into the park. What do you expect them to say when you come to the park ready to knowingly break the rules, "Oh you got us... bring your food in."??

All this photo shows is that sometimes things get through. Ever been to a concert that explicitly says "NO CAMERAS" and then there are people in there with cameras? It happens.

Remember, just because most of us know the policy does not mean that everyone knows the policy. We here on MC are not necessarily representative of the average park visitor.

The one thing we don't see in this picture are all of the folks carrying outside food that got turned away. I'm pretty sure there'd be enough to fill a few memory cards.

• Disney Starved in AZ

dang - I've been stopped brining in a smoothie or coffee purchased at DtD... (that I would've fully consumed shortly after passing security!)

sheesh!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
    Yup that would be a family with a whole KFC dinner outside the toy store
    Common error. They evidently mistook the Engine Ears Toys shop and other train car-encased DCA shops for a trailer park.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• A Weather Eye Open

you got stopped at bag check for BROWNIES? wow. that sucks. that's unheard of for me.

well, this seems to be the one situation i can imagine that someone would really get stopped, and they didn't! i mean, sandwhiches and chips and drinks for a family that size is way less obnoxious than the fast food containers with the brand splashed all over the bag and cups.

but you know, i don't really have a problem with this. i've never been fond of the "no outside food" rule that places have to force you to buy their food, and i'm happy that disneyland is usually so lax about it that they don't mind my bringing in tons of snacks and drinks.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

What ticks me off is that they are using up a table in an area that many times is filled up by people that have purchased their food inside the park. If you bring food in from the outside please be courteous and eat it in an out of the way place not taking up table space meant for people who have purchased their food in the immediate area.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Anyone tempted to go to Subway and bring in a 6 foot sandwich now?

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Anyone tempted to go to Subway and bring in a 6 foot sandwich now?
    Those are forbidden because everyone knows if you are eating a sub while riding the subs, it will create some sort of black hole or something.

• Who's your DaddyB?

Look at all of the people looking down their noses at a family who decided they didn't like the food choices at DCA and/or didn't like the prices... and would dare to eat the food in public view! Of course you can bring in outside food or drink as long as it's not in glass or metal containers. They paid to get into the park, so they have every right to sit at a table and eat food... of just to sit at a table. They're not taking a table away unjustly... the tables are for everyone whether you bought food or not.

Not everyone is doing as well financially and can 'swallow' the cost of food at the parks as easily as some of us. Even a family of Four on a 2fer pass paid $264 or more just to walk in the gates (and I mean walk, since the $264 doesn't include parking), and that'd be a HUGE chunk out of my family's budget... adding another $60 for a meal above that???

The comments of "it's 2fer time" are far more disgusting to me than a family bringing in outside food, and that someone felt they had to take a photograph of it and post it here so that we all can snicker at them behind their backs.

Really.
    I hope for much better than that from the Disneyland online family.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb View Post
    Look at all of the people looking down their noses at a family who decided they didn't like the food choices at DCA and/or didn't like the prices... and would dare to eat the food in public view! Of course you can bring in outside food or drink as long as it's not in glass or metal containers. They paid to get into the park, so they have every right to sit at a table and eat food... of just to sit at a table. They're not taking a table away unjustly... the tables are for everyone whether you bought food or not.

Not everyone is doing as well financially and can 'swallow' the cost of food at the parks as easily as some of us. Even a family of Four on a 2fer pass paid $264 or more just to walk in the gates (and I mean walk, since the $264 doesn't include parking), and that'd be a HUGE chunk out of my family's budget... adding another $60 for a meal above that???
    There is a picnic area for a reason.

• Hiding in the shadows

Of course you can bring in outside food or drink as long as it's not in glass or metal containers. They paid to get into the park, so they have every right to sit at a table and eat food... of just to sit at a table. They're not taking a table away unjustly... the tables are for everyone whether you bought food or not. .
    Actually Disney's policy
    With the exception of food items for Guests with specific dietary restrictions, food or beverage items are not permitted into either of the Disneyland(r) resort theme parks
    I agree with Pratt, they are taking away tables from paying guests. They bought that food outside and had the option to eat it in the picnic area, I doubt Disney woudl allow me to take my plastic tray from Pizza Port out to the picnic area, so its not teh same) I have no problem with a family going to get KFC and eating it in the picnic area outside the park, thats what it is there for. IMO eating out in the open is a big disrespect to the park and other guests (assuming they knew better, they may not have)

A little piece of heaven

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalPalaceGirl View Post
    dang - I've been stopped brining in a smoothie or coffee purchased at DtD... (that I would've fully consumed shortly after passing security!)

sheesh!
    I've NEVER been stopped bringing DtD food into the parks.

The comments of "it's 2fer time" are far more disgusting to me than a family bringing in outside food, and that someone felt they had to take a photograph of it and post it here so that we all can snicker at them behind their backs.

Really.
    I hope for much better than that from the Disneyland online family.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    There is a picnic area for a reason.

I agree with Mad Hatter on here.

The fact remains, Disneyland is a priviledge, not a right. If you can't afford to go to DL and buying 2fer tickets for your family is a financial stretch, then don't go. You should be using that money to pay for other things anyway.

For the record, I have absolutely no problems with people brining snacks, water, etc into the parks. Especially for those who have kids or have special dietary needs.

But to bring a FULL KFC meal into the park ... it should not happen. They should have been redirected by bag-check to go and enjoy their meal in the picnic area.

In fact, the tram speil even says so.

My issue with the whole thing is this:

If people start abusing disney's lenient policy and disney see's they are losing money from this, they will stop letting ANYBODY bring in outside food. Even those who only bring in water, etc.

• It's all nonsense

Lets look at it from Disney's perspective. Of course they don't want you to bring outside meals into the park if only for the fact that they have to clean up after you. The amounts of trash that even a few hundred families can produce can be staggering.

• Pilot EdForceOne

they are allowing guests to bring in food items as a courtesy.. and then you have situations like this where guests are simply abusing the privledge. It's the same with parking, and other areas where Disney has been soft to not get in the face of guests.. but some need to ruin it for everyone else.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I've NEVER been stopped bringing DtD food into the parks.

I agree with Mad Hatter on here.

The fact remains, Disneyland is a priviledge, not a right. If you can't afford to go to DL and buying 2fer tickets for your family is a financial stretch, then don't go. You should be using that money to pay for other things anyway.

For the record, I have absolutely no problems with people brining snacks, water, etc into the parks. Especially for those who have kids or have special dietary needs.

But to bring a FULL KFC meal into the park ... it should not happen. They should have been redirected by bag-check to go and enjoy their meal in the picnic area.

In fact, the tram speil even says so.

My issue with the whole thing is this:

If people start abusing disney's lenient policy and disney see's they are losing money from this, they will stop letting ANYBODY bring in outside food. Even those who only bring in water, etc.
    Very true Sir Clink... and

....well obviously this can't be the first abuse that's been going on. I mean if Disney was really losing money on food expenses, I think there would be more of a crack down on what you can and cannot bring into the parks.

I just think guests can figure out a sneaky way to bring in food no matter what. And it's obvious from the OP's picture.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I am okay if one wants to bring food into the park. I am notorious for that. It's not that I am being cheap either (okay part of it is). I bring in fast food because there's no fast food in Running Springs and the Mc-Donalds here are... icky. I'd rather eat my (insert fast food chain burger here) than Taste Pilots burgers. Plus some Disney food upsets my stomach. But a whole KFC meal with the sides and extras, spread out...? There's a line.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast