Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Progressive Disneylander

Re: No Outside Food Allowed at DCA? Or not....

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I am okay if one wants to bring food into the park. I am notorious for that. It's not that I am being cheap either (okay part of it is). I bring in fast food because there's no fast food in Running Springs and the Mc-Donalds here are... icky. I'd rather eat my (insert fast food chain burger here) than Taste Pilots burgers. Plus some Disney food upsets my stomach. But a whole KFC meal with the sides and extras, spread out...? There's a line.
    I'm sorry -- I had to laugh at this. The 'line' actually is the one you cross when you bring outside food into the park that supposedly violates the DL rules. How much you have or how you spread it out is just details. Once you crossed the line, it doesn't matter how you do it -- it's the same Mickey Mouse crime.

(This next part doesn't apply to your post, Knittingknerd...)

All I know is that people sure love to complain on MiceChat. For being the happiest place on Earth, some of its most loyal fans are the most miserable people around.

Taking secret pictures of people at the park and making an example of them on a public board is wrong. They aren't breaking a law; they're eating food.

Do people not have a right to some privacy while at the park? How many of you would like it if someone took a secret photo of you posted just so you can be trashed you on a message board?

The fact that so many people care that these people are eating KFC is really bizarre. This issue is between Disney and these people and not some nosey guest who wants to be the rules police.

If it got through the check area, then it was OK with Disney. If no cast member went up to them and did anything about it, it must not be a big deal.

If you have issue with this kinda stuff, take it up with Disney for their inconsistancy in rule enforcement. Most of the anger, though, seems to come from jealousy.

• Who's your DaddyB?

<edit: EXCELLENT post, KISSman>

-Maybe it was one of those days when there were plenty of seats?
    -Maybe they WEREN'T told to put their food into the lockers on their way in and made a big stink about it.
    -Maybe they DID clean up after themselves and put their trash into the trash bin.
    -To say that because they were allowed to bring their own food into a park (remember, they were allowed to go past the checkpoint tents) that they were also allowed the 'priviledge' to pay AT LEAST $66 a piece to enter, yet they must find some dark corner out-of-the-way of guests so as not to annoy or get in the way of those who are willing to pay $15 per person for their food... in an area that's not marked "for guests of Burrr-bank ice cream only"... ?

But all of that aside, I was more rankled at the attitude of some of us that came across to me as these folks were 'trailer trash' and were to be openly derided for their decision.
    You don't agree with it? fine.
    A line you would not cross yourself? fine.
    But to look down your nose as if they were lesser than any of us and to openly scorn them? Then shame on us for letting that happen.

So many of us talk about how annual passholders who feel 'entitled' to this-or-that should be ashamed of themselves for acting that way... that's how some of the posts earlier to my original post came off (to me) as being. "Oh, the wrong kind of people come into my park when they offer that disgusting low entrance rate at this otherwise quiet time of the year. It's just an undesirable element, my dear".
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    you got stopped at bag check for BROWNIES? wow. that sucks. that's unheard of for me.
    Ever heard of "Alice B. Toklas" brownies? (Google it)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Ever heard of "Alice B. Toklas" brownies? (Google it)
    I'm totally hungry now.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

^^^I googled that! Dude...

There's a few issues at play here:
    -Should outside food be allowed in the park?
    -People bringing outside food in and then using the tables
    -Spreading out on the table...

I carry the most giant purse around, and carry food into the park. I use it as a picnic basket, thus no need to spread out my picnic on the table. I eat my outside food in areas there aren't a lot of people. Only because when I do cook and bring it into the park, I don't want people to be jealous.

But this doesn't pertain to the KFC, moreso bringing food in:
    There's only 1 place in the park that has Kosher food, Blue Bayou, and it's a t.v. dinner. They don't keep Kosher at the park and if you're Jewish, trying to keep Kosher (or a vegitarian who doesn't want their food to touch meat) you're screwed. You have to bring outside food in.

When my group brought in KFC, we were sitting down in the hub towards the castle waiting for Fireworks on the 4th of July one year.

Also, I have brought in complete meals from Knotts Chicken Dinner before their quality went down hill.

• Missing an Angel

Here's a question I'm going to throw out there.

IF Disney were to allow outside food into the park, how many people do you think would actually pay for their expensive ticket, then leave at lunchtime or dinnertime to get to their cars, drive to a fast food place and bring it back to one of the parks to eat it there?

My guess would be that most people would just pay the money on the Theme park food.........

On that note. I don't think it's that big of a deal.
    Last edited by Scurvy Pirate; 02-18-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Hey, nothing suprises me anymore. Hey, this would be a cool thread. Pictures of guest eating outside food in the Parks???? How much is too much??? People will push the limits until they ruin it for EVERYONE!!! This 2fer1 is killing the true Disney Enthusiast!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    Hey, nothing suprises me anymore. Hey, this would be a cool thread. Pictures of guest eating outside food in the Parks???? How much is too much??? People will push the limits until they ruin it for EVERYONE!!! This 2fer1 is killing the true Disney Enthusiast!
    I agree that people pushing the limits and bringing in full meals is going to make it difficult for people who do bring in a light snack/healthy food option. BUT I do not think it has anything to do with the 2 for 1 deal. I have seen it happen for the past 10 years at different times of the year.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    There is a picnic area for a reason.
    Which was my original reason for starting this. DLR is a business and they have decided that they don't want to allow outside food in, it's not the city park. Nothing wrong with wanting to enjoy your own food in the parking lot, picnic area or outside restaurant if you don't want to eat the DL food (and don't have a valid medical, etc. reason).

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    So do you think having Pizza Hut delivered to ToT would be completely out of line?
    I'm visioning cheese and pepperoni stuck to the top of the box

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    They do sell whole pizzas at the Pizza Port, so that may be your answer.

I personally do not have a problem with people bringing food into the park for whatever reason (health, taste, cost). BUT I do have a problem when these same people take up limited table space to eat their meal.

For example if I am purchasing food at Bengal BBQ and someone else is just sitting there eating there brought in meal from elsewhere outside of the park. Shouldn't I get priority over being able to sit at a table to eat my meal while it is still hot?
    I agree, most of the tables looked full at the time as it was a very busy day they could have been taking room from someone who had followed the rules and purchased the food.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

I'd be willing to say that this family WAS stopped at bag check, WAS told they needed to go to the Picnic area and threw a fit at bag-check and were let in.
    Was our thought as well

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I'm sorry -- I had to laugh at this. The 'line' actually is the one you cross when you bring outside food into the park that supposedly violates the DL rules. How much you have or how you spread it out is just details. Once you crossed the line, it doesn't matter how you do it -- it's the same Mickey Mouse crime.

(This next part doesn't apply to your post, Knittingknerd...)

All I know is that people sure love to complain on MiceChat. For being the happiest place on Earth, some of its most loyal fans are the most miserable people around.

Taking secret pictures of people at the park and making an example of them on a public board is wrong. They aren't breaking a law; they're eating food.

Do people not have a right to some privacy while at the park? How many of you would like it if someone took a secret photo of you posted just so you can be trashed you on a message board?

The fact that so many people care that these people are eating KFC is really bizarre. This issue is between Disney and these people and not some nosey guest who wants to be the rules police.

If it got through the check area, then it was OK with Disney. If no cast member went up to them and did anything about it, it must not be a big deal.

If you have issue with this kinda stuff, take it up with Disney for their inconsistancy in rule enforcement. Most of the anger, though, seems to come from jealousy.
    Hey no faces were shown in the picture so I don't know who's privacy is being violated here. And let's face it when you sit at the first table visible from the entrance plaza it's not a very private place.

• Circle of Ancients

I don't know why, but for the last few years I've thought that Disney's policy was that you could bring a few items such as a water, a soda, a sandwich, or snack items; but just not an entire cooler of food. I almost always have one water and one soda with me in my backpack at the beginning of the day and I often bring in treats to the meet and I have never had any CM at the bag check say that wasn't allowed.

Mousercise is my friend and I know she is a very kind person so I know her intent of this thread was not to make fun of these people, but to say "Hey, I didn't think Disney allowed outside food into the park, I've been questioned by a CM for bringing in brownies , and yet here's proof that a family was allowed to bring in an entire meal from KFC." To me, this brings up a good question...."What exactly is the Disney policy nowadays and is it enforced consistently or not?"

When people are unsure of a policy or when the policy is not enforced or not consistent , then we all have our opinions of what's acceptable/polite behavior and what's not. My husband and I are both on Jenny Craig diets right now so both Saturday and Sunday we brought into the park our lunch items and two snack items each . On Saturday , we sat at a table at the Whitewater Cafe but we had both ordered sodas and we were with 6 other people who had ordered complete meals. On Sunday, we sat at a table at the Carnation Plaza , but we had both ordered sodas and salads and we were sitting with 6 people who had ordered complete meals. I don't think there was anything impolite about what we did and I don't think any of the employees at the park cared.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post

Mousercise is my friend and I know she is a very kind person so I know her intent of this thread was not to make fun of these people, but to say "Hey, I didn't think Disney allowed outside food into the park, I've been questioned by a CM for bringing in brownies , and yet here's proof that a family was allowed to bring in an entire meal from KFC." To me, this brings up a good question...."What exactly is the Disney policy nowadays and is it enforced consistently or not?"
    Thank you PB. That is correct. Was meant more to be a mockery of the bag check system. I mean I've gotten stopped before for carrying half eaten left overs from Naples at 9pm! (we took it to the car because they asked us to)

This is a discussion board and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    When people are unsure of a policy or when the policy is not enforced or not consistent , then we all have our opinions of what's acceptable/polite behavior and what's not. My husband and I are both on Jenny Craig diets right now so both Saturday and Sunday we brought into the park our lunch items and two snack items each . On Saturday , we sat at a table at the Whitewater Cafe but we had both ordered sodas and we were with 6 other people who had ordered complete meals. On Sunday, we sat at a table at the Carnation Plaza , but we had both ordered sodas and salads and we were sitting with 6 people who had ordered complete meals. I don't think there was anything impolite about what we did and I don't think any of the employees at the park cared.
    That's a very different situation involving dietary need and sounds like you were discreet. Definently not the same thing as bringing in a bucket of chicken, sides, a gallon of soda and sitting front and center, that's excessive.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Darn ya'll made me hungry and I had to go get KFC...

I wonder if they made any effort to hide their KFC whatsoever. I mean it can't be easy to smuggle in a bucket of chicken and a gallon of soda. I'm gonna have to agree with the people saying that a sandwich or two and a few drinks is okay, but a whole family meal is pushing the boundaries. I've brought in a ziploc or two of cookies or snacks, but I always buy meals in the park. I understand that the food is pricey and fast food outside is cheaper, but it's a little tacky. And someone really should order a pizza to the ToT.
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
    T Definently not the same thing as bringing in a bucket of chicken, sides, a gallon of soda and sitting front and center, that's excessive.
    It's definitely something you don't see every day at DL!

Quote Originally Posted by jesjas03 View Post
    . And someone really should order a pizza to the ToT.
    I agree.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast