Parade float from Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration

So this is WAY off season, but I just found this picture of Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration float (previously USA parade, float) used at Halloween Time in DCA.

So I was just wondering, How many old floats do they really have at the park? Beacuse they have used this one and staircase float used over and over for diff events.... Just wondering =D

• Minion

Re: Parade float from Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration

Vary good question. not to long ago when I was still working for the mouse, I walked from toontown to frontierland back stage. And I saw this float peaking out from some building. That night I had a tripy dream that while I was given a tour of a storage room, all the old parade costumes and minor floats began to come alive.
    so yeah the past scares me.

• Magic Making

There is various warehouses in Cerritos that things are stored at like the holiday decor. I wouldnt be surprised if some old units are down there.

hmmm thats kool!
    Ya i was just intrested cuz you sometimes see old floats.
    Also, does anyone know if the Sleeping beauty cavalcade thing that played the same days as mickeys magic kingdom celebration was the princess float from A Christmas Fantasy?

Thanks for pointing out that that's the same float as from "USA!" I never saw it at DCA so didn't realize. That was my very first parade!

Floats have been reused for years. There's still some 80's stuff there, as well as at WDW. Look underneath - the oldest ones have casters and the newer ones have tires.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Look underneath - the oldest ones have casters and the newer ones have tires.
    OH I noticed that during Christmas Fantasy! Also Aerial and ursula units.

• Lost in Wonderland

Thanks for pointing out that that's the same float as from "USA!" I never saw it at DCA so didn't realize. That was my very first parade!

Floats have been reused for years. There's still some 80's stuff there, as well as at WDW. Look underneath - the oldest ones have casters and the newer ones have tires.
    While floats with tires tend to be newer, some new floats still have casters. Take for example the Santa's Sleigh float in "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade. That float is newer than the Parade of Dreams floats, but has casters. Why, I don't know. All of the Parade of Dreams floats are new, but you have the Opening, Alice, and Ursula floats with casters. Alice, being so long, actually turns corners better with its casters than if it had tires. And Ursula originally was to be connected to the Ariel float, so adding a drive unit to Ursula was a late design change...

Some of the ACF floats are pretty old. Some were even from Fantasy on Parade. In the past the Candy House float didn't have the long porch (see WDW's float for what it once looked like), and the Ice Rink didn't have any railings.

In general, most old floats that are no longer used in a parade get destroyed, unless it can serve as a generic stage or platform.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy115 View Post
    hmmm thats kool!
    Ya i was just intrested cuz you sometimes see old floats.
    Also, does anyone know if the Sleeping beauty cavalcade thing that played the same days as mickeys magic kingdom celebration was the princess float from A Christmas Fantasy?
    Yes, that was the same float.

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    While floats with tires tend to be newer, some new floats still have casters. Take for example the Santa's Sleigh float in "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade. That float is newer than the Parade of Dreams floats, but has casters. Why, I don't know.
    Perhaps it's the same base/chassis as the original Sleigh float? Just a guess.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

um block party and pod both had/have casters, so did the rat float if i remember correctly.

• Queen Elsa

Is it ture that Disneyland still have the old float's to Ariel and the Blue Fairy from Parade of the stars? Or are they destroy like the rest are.

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by thepain View Post
    um block party and pod both had/have casters, so did the rat float if i remember correctly.
    Some had casters. The blocks had central drive units with casters. Monsters had 2 axles, toy story had two axles, and the bugs unit as well. Ratatouille had two axles, i have picture proof of that.

Ariel in POD has 2 axles. The books in ACF have 2 axles.

Santa's Units does have a central drive unit under the driver, which is why it gets stuck in the rain all the time.

I have a friend checking all the floats for me in the warehouse tomorrow. So ill have a direct answer then.