Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Parmageddon Jim

Re: Do you want ground pepper's ghost with that salad?

Great Caesar's Salad!
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• :)

keep in mind its disney....It cant be TOO realistic or serious ppl will get the idea

• Minion

There seems to be some confusion here: People keep mixing up the Pepper's Ghost effect with a simple two-way mirror effect of the Hall of Mirrors (Hitch-Hiking Ghosts).

Pepper's Ghost is a reflection on clear glass; The person or figures that appear as ghosts are in FRONT of the glass, lit by very bright lights. You look at the glass, and you see into the next room, while seeing a transparent reflection that gives the illusion that the figures are in the room you are viewing through the glass. They are not actually in the area behind the glass. Stand in front of a window or patio door at night (Late evening/twilight is best). Shine a flashlight on yourself. You see yourself appear as a transparent, ghost-like figure, and if there is enough light outside, it appears that you are outside as well. The illusion is that the ghost is on the other side of the glass, in the room beyond the glass. THAT is a Pepper's Ghost. In the Mansion, the figures are located above and below the DoomBuggy track, on the same side of the glass as you.

With the hitch-hiking ghosts, you see your own image reflected in a two-way mirror. The ghost figure is *behind* the glass, moving along with the DoomBuggy. When lit, the image of the ghost is visible through the glass along with your normal reflection. The illusion is that the ghost is in front of the mirror with you!

Two different (and opposite) effects.

GG

• Small Projects Team

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost
    There seems to be some confusion here: People keep mixing up the Pepper's Ghost effect with a simple two-way mirror effect of the Hall of Mirrors (Hitch-Hiking Ghosts).
    Thank you for bringing that up, I was getting angry reading this topic until I got to your post. Imagine actually trying to use the pepper's ghost effect next to a restaurant table...you'd have to slant the glass 45 degrees and put the animatronic sideways on the ceiling, dim the lights, and hope no one looks up.

I'd love to dine with a ghost.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123