View Poll Results: Should Indiana be touched by Crystal?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think if the movie is good enough it could be cool

23 24.47%
  • No, leave Indy alone!!

57 60.64%
  • I wouldn't care either way

14 14.89%
  • What's Indiana Jones? Who has a Crystal skull?

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• 'splosions

Re: Should Indiana Jones Adventure get a Crystal makeover?

just as long as they aren't adding Shia's character. I'd rather see Short Round

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Interesting idea, but let's see the movie first. IJA opened six years after Last Crusade came out, but only really borrowed elements from the original Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    Chamber of Bubbling Death - Inspired by Temple of Doom's main chamber
    Mummy Room- Bears resemblence of the brief scare in the tunnels of Temple of Doom
    Bug Room - Clearly inspired by the bug room in Temple of Doom
    Suspension Bridge - Inspired by final sequence in Temple of Doom
    Snake Room - Well of Souls scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Rat Room- Rat sequence of Last Crusade
    Blow Darts - Opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark
    The Boulder - Obviously opening scene of Raiders.

The attraction seems to borrow from from Temple of Doom for the most part, even in the queue with the spike room. But it still features elements from all three films and the music as well.

As for this up and comming film, I would prefer any change to be small. I would much rather them put the money into improving some of the scenes they have already created. Have the floors and walls around the Gates of Doom be moving and quaking. Improve the laser blasts from Mara's eye. Improve the air jets in the bug room so you feel them and don't hear them, or better yet, install the TTBAB seats as planned. Maybe find a way for the snake to burst into the scene rather than visible the entire time. Fix rat room or replace it. Get 3-D sculptures in blowdart tunnel, not paintings.

All of these things rank far higher, IMO, than adding a nod here or there to number IV.

• Minion

That skull smoking ring effect in tokyos would be cool in the random dark space of our indiana jones. Thats about it though.

• Fairies and Mermaids!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    What SHOULD be done is a major refurbishment to get the attraction looking its best before the movie premiers. The changes I wouldn't mind would be enhancements to the special effects and lighting.
    Yeah. I think some TLC on the lighting would be great. Get some LEDs in there like over in Pirates now.

Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

• Minion

Indy needs to be spruced up, and all the effects need to be working again, but there does not need to be any tie-ins to the new movie.

• =)

Get 3-D sculptures in blowdart tunnel, not paintings
    Good luck with that...have you noticed how small that room is? If actual three-dimensional sculptures were created, they'd have to be pretty flat in order to avoid being within arm's reach of the EMVs. And don't suggest moving the walls outward to make the room bigger--the wall on the left is the side of the building, and the wall on the right borders on the bit after the skull chamber but before the dark room.

thats interesting info.

could they not add an inch or so of depth then used paint and detail to add more dept to the sculptures. SOme proper theatrical lighting and the walls would not look like flat painted pieces.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The Indiana Jones Adventure does something in its current incarnation that is present in the rest of Disneyland. As the lands are a coherent mixture of differing but related elements, so too is the Indiana Jones attraction. The attraction successfully utilizes the known world of another fiction without rehashing the stories already told. To alter the attraction to follow Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull would make the attraction just another rehash of a story already told.

I don't think a full overhaul to a Crystal Skull storyline is nessesary at this point. But I would love some elements of Tokyo DisneySea's Indy to be brought over to Disneyland's. The funnel cloud, real 3-D sculptures in the dart room and the smoke ring were all nice touches.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

wow these are some cool ideas!!

som updates would be nice, mabye actually get ford
    s face on the AA, however leave the storyline alone, it's an original, complete storyline it dosen't need to be altered
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

If memory serves me correct, I don't think they can because Ford has never given Disney permission to use his likeness. Disney has rights to the Indiana Jones character only, not to who played him.
    I don't think you're correct tim. Lucas owns the character and has merchandised the heck out of it with T-shirts and everything else. The character in the videogames looks exactly like Harrison and the covers to the game and comics always looks like him. Lucas has always kept the likeness of the characters regardless of the actors. They tend to know this when signing an agreement with him.

Carrie Fisher has an old joke that goes "Every time I look in the mirror I have to pay George Lucas a royalty".

Also there may be a tie-in with the movie, but a retheming is not in the cards. Remember that "Eye" takes place in India and Skull takes place in South America. So while we here at Disneyland may get some merchandise, it's Tokyo DisneySEA that will be having a tie-in since their ride is based in South American "Lost River Delta" and involves an actual crystal skull.

ImagineerWarrior
    Last edited by ImagineerWaryur; 02-20-2008 at 12:14 AM.

• is too darn hot.

If memory serves me correct, I don't think they can because Ford has never given Disney permission to use his likeness. Disney has rights to the Indiana Jones character only, not to who played him.
    The actual reason is Harrison did give his likeness and voice for use in the attraction on the condition that they he was not required to record lines for a Superbowl commercial promoting the attraction. When he came into the studio to do his lines for the ride, he saw a Superbowl script and walked out, canceling the contract.

As for the attraction itself, I think it exists perfectly well as its own storyline, unique among any story in the Indiana Jones franchise. The story is engaging and told well in the attraction and doesn't need to change. I would like to see some plussing and I'd like to see Harrison do the voice, but aside form that, no major changes.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    The actual reason is Harrison did give his likeness and voice for use in the attraction on the condition that they he was not required to record lines for a Superbowl commercial promoting the attraction. When he came into the studio to do his lines for the ride, he saw a Superbowl script and walked out, canceling the contract.

As for the attraction itself, I think it exists perfectly well as its own storyline, unique among any story in the Indiana Jones franchise. The story is engaging and told well in the attraction and doesn't need to change. I would like to see some plussing and I'd like to see Harrison do the voice, but aside form that, no major changes.
    I never really understood that...Why was it such a big deal that he would have recorded some lines for a superbowl commercial?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I never really understood that...Why was it such a big deal that he would have recorded some lines for a superbowl commercial?
    Because it wasn't in his contract and he didn't want to shill for the attraction.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• I'm not really here

Yes, that is correct. However, it would be entirely possible to ask him nicely if he would mind now.

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerWaryur View Post
    I don't think you're correct tim. Lucas owns the character and has merchandised the heck out of it with T-shirts and everything else. The character in the videogames looks exactly like Harrison and the covers to the game and comics always looks like him. Lucas has always kept the likeness of the characters regardless of the actors. They tend to know this when signing an agreement with him.

Carrie Fisher has an old joke that goes "Every time I look in the mirror I have to pay George Lucas a royalty".
    Standard movie contracts involve signing away your likeness for merchandising should the movie be that kind (i.e. action, disney princess, etc.) When Harrison Ford agreed to do the movie he had already signed a contract which more than likely included a clause saying that he gave Lucas and the holding companies involved the rights to merchandise his likeness. As Disney was not a part of this agreement and as Harrison still holds the right to his likeness (Lucas does not hold the right to Harrison Ford's likeness, only the right to merchandise it), Disney would have to ask Harrison.

This is apparent because if Lucas owned the right to the Harrison Ford likeness, then Disney would have already put in a Harrison Ford-like animatronic. Why do I say this? Because Disney had to negotiate a deal with Lucas in order to build the Indiana Jones ride in the first place. If Lucas really owned the right to Harrison Ford's likeness then this would have been included without any doubt. However, Harrison retains this right and was able to deny Disney the right to fashion it after his likeness.

As for any update to the ride, I think it most needs a major refurb where everything is cleaned and painted and speakers touched up etc. If they insist on adding things to the ride I want them limited to props placed in places where they can be seen, but aren't obviously "added items". They should fit into the current ride without altering it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast