View Poll Results: Should Indiana be touched by Crystal?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think if the movie is good enough it could be cool

23 24.47%
  • No, leave Indy alone!!

57 60.64%
  • I wouldn't care either way

14 14.89%
  • What's Indiana Jones? Who has a Crystal skull?

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• =)

Re: Should Indiana Jones Adventure get a Crystal makeover?

Several people mentioned the flat paintings in the dart room. I gotta say - I like this one the way it is. Yeah, 3D reliefs might look cooler, but paintings with blowdart holes in them are a very cool and sneaky trap, since that's what this is supposed to be. It's a lot more subtle than statues or carvings. At least, that's how I always saw it.
    I see what you mean. I guess the problem is that if the ancient Indians who built the temple had painted those skeletons, they wouldn't look like that. They might have been somewhat colorful originally, but they would have faded a lot over the centuries. You'd barely see them. So anyway, the current paintings look exactly like what they really are--modern paintings on modern surfaces. Perhaps taking a cue from the Hovitos' temple in ROTLA would be a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    ... if the ancient Indians who built the temple had painted those skeletons, they wouldn't look like that. They might have been somewhat colorful originally, but they would have faded a lot over the centuries. You'd barely see them. So anyway, the current paintings look exactly like what they really are--modern paintings on modern surfaces. Perhaps taking a cue from the Hovitos' temple in ROTLA would be a good plan.
    Well, they wouldn't necessarily have faded if they'd been undisturbed, would they? - if there's no sun, wind or water (or people) they could be in very good shape.

Of course, even so, they'd STILL look like modern paintings on modern surfaces. I'd love to suggest a really clever way to make them look authentic and still be highly visible, but I've got nothing.

You know what I'D like to see is falling ice/"rocks" come back. Did that ever really happen or is it just one of those stories?
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• =)

You know what I'D like to see is falling ice/"rocks" come back. Did that ever really happen or is it just one of those stories?
    Nope, it really was there originally. The enclosure for the ice machine is still up on the roof and everything.

Back to the dart corridor--I'm thinking that repainting the walls would be good, and this time with LEDs embedded in them. These would light up, transforming the rather subdued "original" paintings into more vibrant versions after you entered the chamber, increasing the feeling of the paintings coming alive.

• the rum is always gone

back to the topic of the thread, no I do not think Indy should be redone to follow crystal skulls. The ride right now is not really based on a movie, only themes from the movies (rolling boulders, eternal life, snakes) and thus should not be based on a movie. I agree if SMALL things were added to the ride, like crystal skulls to the queue line (the skulls themselves). Something to pay homage to the movies (like the current ride quasi does). Leave the ride the way it is. Just add small stuff.

leave it alone, just fix the ride

Walt's love of Trains!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

The ride itself is fine I think but I wouldn't mind new Indy AA's!

• "I Break Things"

I think what bugs me about the dart room is that the air cannons are sticking out! I would love it if they hid them, then used a moving smoke screen (moves with jeep) in front and behind the jeep to project darts on.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• 1375 miles away

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, what I mean to say is that the ride doesn't need anything added from a sequel movie. Of course, whatever is broke does need fixing just not adding anything extra to it.
    Last edited by mariezp; 02-21-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: clarification
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• Sea Creature

Just throwing this out there, Tokyo DisneySea's version of the ride is called "Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull." It prominently features a Crystal Skull instead of Mara.

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Eh. Elements from the movie in the ride? No, the ride already has a somewhat original story, and replacing it with something that's just a rehash of a movie storyline is really not needed.

But what they could do, is maybe just include a prop or two from the movie in like, say, parts of the queue (more than likely where Indy/Sallah (...not sure who's office it is actually xD)'s office is), that would be a fine nod to the movie. However, I won't lie--the ride itself is in dire need of repair in various parts. And I really wish they'd fix that falling ceiling/ice effect, as well. Though, sadly...I heard from someone that it's actually unfixable, as the ice machine is built into the ceiling itself, and would require being ripped out of the ceiling to be replaced. Not sure how true this is, but if it is, it's pretty dissapointing. :/

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu View Post
    And I really wish they'd fix that falling ceiling/ice effect, as well. Though, sadly...I heard from someone that it's actually unfixable, as the ice machine is built into the ceiling itself, and would require being ripped out of the ceiling to be replaced. Not sure how true this is, but if it is, it's pretty dissapointing. :/
    I've heard this before, too, but I have trouble bringing myself to accept it. It seems impossibly stupid that you would make any mechanical device or moving part completely unfixable by design. The machine involved ice. It was destined to break down, and you have to tear the building apart to get to it? That would require an astonishing lack of foresight.

I could believe that it broke down and was not repaired for budget reasons, or safety reasons, or maybe they discovered that keeping it working was impractical because it would require repair too often... or something. But I don't want to believe that it can't be repaired.

But then, I suppose there's the Ballroom glass in the Haunted Mansion, which, as I understand it, would not be a good thing to try and replace.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Comin' at ya!

I never got to see the ice ceiling effect. I didn't even know about it till a few years ago...What I'd give to see it because it sounded really cool.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

I wouldn't care to see a change in storyline. I think Indy should, in ANY medium, be left in its original glory. In fact, I would go so far as to say they should have stopped making Indy FILMS after the first one. The prequel and sequel were crap IMO, comparatively speaking. Indy 4 doesn't look too promising to me, either--hope I'm wrong, though!

• Minion

I don't want to see a Crystal Skull makeover either, but The Last Crusade was Crap???? Bite your tongue.

• =)

I would love it if they hid them, then used a moving smoke screen (moves with jeep) in front and behind the jeep to project darts on.
    A moving smoke screen? Wow, getting a little ambitious here, aren't we? As much as I love the idea, it just wouldn't work.

In fact, I would go so far as to say they should have stopped making Indy FILMS after the first one. The prequel and sequel were crap IMO, comparatively speaking.
    I can relate. Most of what I love about Indy is from the first film. The second two had some fun gags, but they just weren't...weren't Indy.

And I really wish they'd fix that falling ceiling/ice effect, as well. Though, sadly...I heard from someone that it's actually unfixable, as the ice machine is built into the ceiling itself, and would require being ripped out of the ceiling to be replaced. Not sure how true this is, but if it is, it's pretty dissapointing.
    I'm not sure how true this is. I know the enclosure for the topmost part of the ice machine is still on the roof to this day, but I'd imagine the machine itself isn't a permanent fixture. However, it's certainly well-integrated into the facility--while it was there (assuming it's not anymore), it extended down all the way into a room adjacent to the loading area.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast