View Poll Results: Should Indiana be touched by Crystal?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think if the movie is good enough it could be cool

23 24.47%
  • No, leave Indy alone!!

57 60.64%
  • I wouldn't care either way

14 14.89%
  • What's Indiana Jones? Who has a Crystal skull?

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Comin' at ya!

Should Indiana Jones Adventure get a Crystal makeover?

So lately I have been hearing rumors that IJA will be getting a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull makeover when the new Indiana Jones movie comes out in May. Personally, depending on how good the movie is, I think it could be an interesting and potentially good idea. I am a HUGE fan of the Indiana Jones movies, and I am praying that it doesn't get butchered (but I have faith). So lets say the movie is amazing, I think it would be fun to have a little add-ons here and there, nothing excessive though.

What do you think? Any ideas?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• I'm not really here

Re: Should Indiana Jones Adventure get a Crystal makeover?

I don't think it is necessary. Well, I wouldn't mind if they updated the AA's to actually look like Harrison Ford and gave the ride a good once over with the paint and scrub brush. Depending on what the movie is like there may be a way to work something very small in by way of an "Easter Egg" kind of moment. Something not obvious but that fans would get. I would be ok with that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

No it shouldn't. If it means upgrading the "blowdart" room then I'm fine with that. Other then the needed regular fixing it's a near perfect ride.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

If it is going to be ready by May then it will have to be a rush job, and that means it will be done poorly, so I say forget it. Thats the kind off thinking that put pirates on TSI
    Last edited by mousechild; 02-19-2008 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Interesting idea, but let's see the movie first. IJA opened six years after Last Crusade came out, but only really borrowed elements from the original Raiders of the Lost Ark. Anyway, isn't the ride supposed to be a story unto itself, rather than a rehash of what we've already seen in the movies?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Well, I wouldn't mind if they updated the AA's to actually look like Harrison Ford
    If memory serves me correct, I don't think they can because Ford has never given Disney permission to use his likeness. Disney has rights to the Indiana Jones character only, not to who played him.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    If memory serves me correct, I don't think they can because Ford has never given Disney permission to use his likeness. Disney has rights to the Indiana Jones character only, not to who played him.
    That is correct Tim.

• =)

The movie should NOT prompt a full-blown retheme to fit the story of the new movie. The attraction is indeed its own adventure, with moments that are absolutely inspiredby favorite film moments. Disney did lots of interviews with park guests, asking them what they'd like to see in an Indy ride, and that was part of how they decided what went in.

If the new film is good, there could be moments that'd be fun to introduce here and there in the ride. But it needs to be because they're genuinely good additions to the experience--NOT an attempt at advertising for the new film. That's the big danger.

All this being said, I too would love to see the attraction get some TLC, since it hasn't been very dependable in recent times. This is the kind of ride that works fantastically well when it's in working order, but comes off as an enormous disappointment when it's not. All these issues must have reasons for happening, and if these underlying causes could be removed, it would truly worth it.

EDIT: And yes, Harrison did deny rights to his likeness, but I'd guess he'd give it now if asked. I mean, he's been spotted in the park a few times in the last year, I think, and it's been said that he was truly impressed when he rode Indy for the first time. I mean, how wrong must it feel to experience an attraction of that immensity based entirely on your character, only to hear another person's voice and see faces that don't look like yours? If I were him, I'd be begging Disney to use my likeness.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Short answer: No.

Medium answer: Crystal Skull is in Tokyo.

Medium rare answer: The movies, and attractions are separate entities in the Indy franchise and shouldn't be all made to fit the same mold.

Long answer: I think that the new movie coming out is an opportunity for DL's Indy to be refurbished to a good standard. BUT within its original vision. Make things better, make things work (ice machine!), but don't change the attraction's fundamental story. Each attraction and movie should have its own plot.

You don't see George Lucas changing all the previous Star Wars movies to fit in with the latest version.... oh.. wait.....
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Roar!

which came first: the movie or the TDS ride?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Indy is in need of enhanced effects for both the ride and queue. If the movie makes that possible, so be it.

And just for the info of those who are afraid of our Indy being ruined, the Tokyo Indy is essentially the same exact ride but with awesome special effects. Believe me, you want this!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Fairies and Mermaids!

I don't think we need to pile on elements of KOTCS into IJA. Sure, I'd love to see the ride get some sprucing up, maybe adding the smoke ring effect from TDS and just general cleaning up. And remember that TDS has it's temple as the Crystal Skull although it appears the film's crystal skull and TDS' are two different versions *cough, cough* spoilers* but that's for a different thread.

Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

• A Weather Eye Open

Last edited by StrikeYerColors; 02-19-2008 at 06:44 PM.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• A Weather Eye Open

The DL ride is very continuous with the Indy movies. Regardless of whether most riders are aware of it, it has a full on plot and it's own spot on the Indy timeline. To change (or even tweak) the plot would be like changing Indy canon. Japan's version is essentially the same ride and almost the same plot, but with a few details changed, but since it came second I would not consider it part of the full Indy story, however much I want to experience.

As for the special effects; Indy is one of the most impressive rides at DL, special effects wise. It might be in need to a refurb, but I don't think it needs fancy new effects in either the queue or the ride, and I don't think they should have to change the plot to use these new effects. I would like to see TDS's version and experience the effects for myself someday, but I'm not sure we need them in the DL ride. Maybe these cool effects could be used in a different context in future rides (DCA?), so that there are more rides that will continue to WOW like Indy still does.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Dive ..... Dive.....

What SHOULD be done is a major refurbishment to get the attraction looking its best before the movie premiers. The changes I wouldn't mind would be enhancements to the special effects and lighting.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast